Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

drafh

I didn't take it that way, at all. I used the word "qualified" to sum up an earlier post. I apologize if that struck anyone wrong. I wasn't trying to exclude or discourage anyone and it was probably a poor choice of words.

Here's my experience...
I've driven thousands of miles off pavement at work in 19 years. Some of it has been semi-hairy to me in the vehicle I had assigned to me, some of it is simply dirt roads. I've been to The Mounds Off Road Park in Michigan when I first bought my Jeep. Those trails look like nothing compared to HF, but have never been there. The "wheeling" I have nearby is primarily the same as what I've driven at work, not too technical. I have never been an obstacle guide at all.

This will be my family's first wheeling/camping combo trip. I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone. I also need to ensure this trip leaves a great impression on my entire family. If I were going solo or with just my wife or just a kid or two, I would dive in and learn as I go, (just as I've learned by taking this thread over). If that seems selfish, it's not my intention.

We are almost a month out. Anyone that's been, whether on the "going list" or not on any list so far, is willing to lead a second group please speak up.

As Aussie said, the more Wayalifer's that can go and run together the better.

I appreciate you so much! Thank you for taking over this trip. I'm looking forward to meeting this group of people and wheeling for the first time.

The conversations on this thread are telling me Texas WAYALIFERS are the best. Friendly, positive, and willing to help. I'm looking forward to hanging out with y'all.

iRonin

*whew* cool I felt bad - thanks for understanding fellas. This is awesome news; if radley wants to co-lead a group with usmc, then maybe usmc can run tail-gun on their group so his fam can check out the other folks making their way up obstacles for added enjoyment :)

Either way thanks for jumping in guys :)

As Aussie said the park isn't much of a maze, esp if we're sticking to the outer edges, it's just a little featureless in spots so some unmarked turn-ins to certain trails can be confusing. One of the first times I was there learning, I turned into what I thought was Greenhorn2 but turned out to be the reverse end of Wet-n-Wild. It was definitely wet and wild:
wetnwild.jpg

But that's how we learn right? :)

Now that my lift is done, I'll be taking that pre-run trip up there one of these weekends to scope out the trails and get some timings. I'll look at it from a two-group perspective and provide some feedback in the thread.

Super stoked for this event :)

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Ha! I completely missed that my birthday is that Friday! Guess my old age is setting in... Thanks again to everyone stepping up and making this happen.

USMC Wrangler

GROUP 1:

TRAIL LEAD
iRonin + wife (camping)

ASST TRAIL LEAD?
Vacant

1.Jackal01+ wife & Pup(Camping)

2.tdougherty81+ wife and 2 kiddos maybe(Camping)

3. SmokinV10

4. Kumar + wife and 2 kiddos (camping)

5. Hobolobo + 2 (camping)

6. Tharb5111 + wife and 2 kiddos (camping)

7. Drafh (Cabin)

8. daverawr + girlfriend and dogs (camping)

9. Tcsmith

10. tdougherty81's brother-in-law

GROUP 2

TRAIL LEAD
radleyhardy

ASST TRAIL LEAD
USMC Wrangler + wife and 4 kiddos(camping)

1. Granite-head

2. DWiggles

3. radleyhardy's friend

WAIT LIST

How the heck did I get suckered into this? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: No, seriously? All joking aside, I am looking forward to the trip. My number one rule is, no one is allowed to run me over! :bleh: I am not allowed to die without prior, written permission. You have to get that from Mrs. USMC Wrangler. :eek:

Ok, since it seems like it was decided for me :cheesy:, radleyhardy will be leading and I will co-lead Group 2. radley and I have PM'd and worked this out. Above is the updated list. Please look it over. So no one is on the wait list as of now. I also tried to keep family/friends in the same group. If you would like to be in a different group let me know. It won't hurt my feelings, I promise. Neither radley or I have ever been, so Group 2 will have to have a lot of patience with us.

For Group 1, if someone wants to co-lead with iRonin, that would open up one more slot. Maybe it will just happen, but just a thought if we get even more interested in coming.

I do have a serious question though...Does anyone listed in Group 2 have a winch? I have recovery straps, no winch.

USMC Wrangler

I appreciate you so much! Thank you for taking over this trip. I'm looking forward to meeting this group of people and wheeling for the first time.

Appreciate it. I can't wait to meet everyone and get on the trails!

*whew* cool I felt bad - thanks for understanding fellas. This is awesome news; if radley wants to co-lead a group with usmc, then maybe usmc can run tail-gun on their group so his fam can check out the other folks making their way up obstacles for added enjoyment :)

You're not completely off the hook! :bleh: You are still the one we will lean on! Can't wait to hear back on the pre-run and how the new lift works out. Your rig is looking great!

I recommend everyone going to save and print this Park Map and study it over the coming weeks.

Hidden Falls Park Map PDF

Agreed!

Ha! I completely missed that my birthday is that Friday! Guess my old age is setting in... Thanks again to everyone stepping up and making this happen.

Well, happy future birthday!:yup:

daverawr

Just from experience last time.... The maps don't do that much justice. They're good reference but wouldn't live by it

USMC Wrangler

^^^Also agreed. Most maps I've ever used have had flaws to some extent. I'm guessing Group 2 can "keep it tight" enough to watch and learn from Group 1.

daverawr

I wouldn't mind help leading or tail. I'll hit up ronin when I get home to see what is required. I have a winch also. Incase you guys need one for group 2 I can move to the second group if anything

USMC Wrangler

Sounds good! Let me know what you hear back from iRonin.

On the winch, I figure it would be nice to have at least one in each group.

iRonin

Thankfully the park is pretty big; normally don't even notice unless the count is in the 100s, but the Rover folks may stick to the same park roads/outer fence line. All good if so there are plenty of bypasses if we run up on em and don't feel like waiting.

Top Bottom