Watcha cookin'?

JAGS

Hooked
Yummy! Good idea! 10frank9 and JAGS . Thanks! I have a whole chicken in the fridge...any ideas? Pandas not crazy about Adobo so no Chicken Adobo maybe I'll throw in a can of diced tomatoes and figure it out when I get home tomorrow? :thinking: IDK feeling uninspired need some suggestions from the WAL chefs out there.

I made spinach artichoke chic in the pot a few weeks back. Was really good. All the goodies you'd want in the dip. I added low fat cream of mushroom soup for the extra liquid needed. Sure any canned creamed soup of your liking would work.

Wait to add spinach till about 20 minutes before serving so it doesn't cook to brown bleh. We served it over quinoa.

I use boneless/skinless chic thighs in the pot as they hold up well and less mush than breasts after a long day of cooking.

- Jason

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yummy! Good idea! 10frank9 and JAGS . Thanks! I have a whole chicken in the fridge...any ideas? Pandas not crazy about Adobo so no Chicken Adobo maybe I'll throw in a can of diced tomatoes and figure it out when I get home tomorrow? :thinking: IDK feeling uninspired need some suggestions from the WAL chefs out there.

I'm an onion, garlic and paprika chef. :yup:

Crock pot chicken:

1 while onion roughly chopped.
3 celery stalks chopped
1 large carrot or two small, chopped
1 lemon
4-5 while garlic cloves
Salt pepper, paprika, a dash of cumin

Rub the seasonings on the chicken, place 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 of the lemon and 1 garlic clove inside the cavity of the chicken.

Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped carrots and celery and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot. Along with 1/2 of the remaining onion.

Insert the chicken and sprinkle the remaining veggies and onion on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

When it's done, remove the chicken, place it into a shallow Pyrex dish or lined baking sheet. Place it into the oven set to broil for 5-7 minutes. Monitor it closely for that perfectly crispy skin.

Super simple dish, flavorful and it's really hard to get out of the dish in one piece cause or falls apart.

Crawler Kitty

I'm an onion, garlic and paprika chef. :yup:

Crock pot chicken:

1 while onion roughly chopped.
3 celery stalks chopped
1 large carrot or two small, chopped
1 lemon
4-5 while garlic cloves
Salt pepper, paprika, a dash of cumin

Rub the seasonings on the chicken, place 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 of the lemon and 1 garlic clove inside the cavity of the chicken.

Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped carrots and celery and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot. Along with 1/2 of the remaining onion.

Insert the chicken and sprinkle the remaining veggies and onion on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

When it's done, remove the chicken, place it into a shallow Pyrex dish or lined baking sheet. Place it into the oven set to broil for 5-7 minutes. Monitor it closely for that perfectly crispy skin.

Super simple dish, flavorful and it's really hard to get out of the dish in one piece cause or falls apart.

Sweet thank you feeling inspired and I have all the ingredients in house! Yay!

MTG

Caught the Bug
So I am not eating a variety of foods for the next 4-6 months, including eggs. Thus breakfast is going to pose somewhat of a challenge...particularly when out of town.

Sautéed portobello mushroom and spinach, avocado and smoked mackerel.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411485094.031926.jpg

The intensity and combination of flavors was excellent. :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So I am not eating a variety of foods for the next 4-6 months, including eggs. Thus breakfast is going to pose somewhat of a challenge...particularly when out of town.

Sautéed portobello mushroom and spinach, avocado and smoked mackerel.

View attachment 101817

The intensity and combination of flavors was excellent. :thumb:

Holy smoked Mackerel!!! Tell you what, I love Mackerel as it is an intensely fishy flavor but I bet it's really good smoked.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Can't wait to try this little gizmo out. Maybe hash browns in the morning?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411793195.162558.jpg

As seen on TV...it has to be good right?

Top Bottom