Watcha cookin'?

JAGS

Hooked
Super easy Jason and worth the wait.

2 sweet med potatoes or yams chopped
Baby portobella mushrooms chopped
One onion sliced
Garlic minced (we do ours ahead of time and freeze it)
1lb pork chorizo (we buy ours from whole foods as it seems to be a better quality than some of the stuff we've seen. Though we are looking into making our own)
Coconut oil
Salt and pepper.

Cook the garlic, potatoes, onions and mushrooms in coconut oil in a large skillet. I typically cover it to make it cook faster. In the mean time cook the chorizo in another pan. Once the chorizo is cooked and the potatoes are soft combine into one pan and let simmer so the chorizo flavoring gets absorbed. Fry up some eggs and serve over the top.

This is what you end up with...eventually. ;)

View attachment 169034

You might have forgotten, but you told me the details on the rubicon. Thanks for taking the time to write it down. Inevitably, I would have screwed something up. In fact, I forgot there were shrooms in there.

Our crazy schedule at the moment, I think we're a couple weeks out before JAGS is all home on a weekend morning with no plans.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Super easy Jason and worth the wait.

2 sweet med potatoes or yams chopped
Baby portobella mushrooms chopped
One onion sliced
Garlic minced (we do ours ahead of time and freeze it)
1lb pork chorizo (we buy ours from whole foods as it seems to be a better quality than some of the stuff we've seen. Though we are looking into making our own)
Coconut oil
Salt and pepper.

Cook the garlic, potatoes, onions and mushrooms in coconut oil in a large skillet. I typically cover it to make it cook faster. In the mean time cook the chorizo in another pan. Once the chorizo is cooked and the potatoes are soft combine into one pan and let simmer so the chorizo flavoring gets absorbed. Fry up some eggs and serve over the top.

This is what you end up with...eventually. ;)

View attachment 169034

That looks and sounds delicious!!!! I am copying this down!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Do you think the chorizo would still turn out well with regular taters.? Not too big on sweets or yams.

Sure. We use those based on dietary preferences and the fact that the sweet potatoes balance out the spice of the chorizo. But I'm sure it would be good with regular potatoes.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You might have forgotten, but you told me the details on the rubicon. Thanks for taking the time to write it down. Inevitably, I would have screwed something up. In fact, I forgot there were shrooms in there.

Our crazy schedule at the moment, I think we're a couple weeks out before JAGS is all home on a weekend morning with no plans.

I remember, but I thought between firewood jenga and telling everyone about the struggles of growing up in the barrio, I thought you might have forgotten. ;). Plus others might like it.

JAGS

Hooked
I remember, but I thought between firewood jenga and telling everyone about the struggles of growing up in the barrio, I thought you might have forgotten. ;). Plus others might like it.

The mean streets of Torrance. Lol. Man, I was in the zone that night apparently. All good and could have been worse. Didn't puke, let alone in my tent like some. Lol.

Yup, glad you posted the details. [emoji106][emoji106]

rinkishjk

Brisket from the smoker. 2nd brisket I've ever made, and it was super tender!

Attachments

• 1445175678059.jpg
    1445175678059.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 1445175689217.jpg
    1445175689217.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 85

Trail JK

Lol. Amy and I would totally be down for that!

Cool, I'll talk to Ray and we'll get a night set up! You guys are the ones with kiddos so you should throw out a couple of dates that will work for you and we'll go from there.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Back home for a bit. Nice to BBQ.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445735057.291156.jpg

I really like tritip seasoned with just salt, pepper and thyme.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445735102.839201.jpg

Served with garlic mushroom and onions sautéed in olive oil and butter and steamed rice, Cabernet and an excellent veggie/fruit smoothie.

Top Bottom