Watcha cookin'?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm interested in this. So you just route your charcoal smoker outlet (while smoking meat) into just another box with the cheese in it?

You can do that. Just need to be careful the smoke isn't too hot. Pretty easy although if you smoke with certain meats it might change the flavor of the cheese.

WJCO

Meme King
You can do that. Just need to be careful the smoke isn't too hot. Pretty easy although if you smoke with certain meats it might change the flavor of the cheese.

Thanks for the whole idea. I hadn't even thought of that. Now I have another welding project too.

Lance628

May want to ask your D.A.R.E. instructor on that one. LOL.

Seriously, it came out great. If you have a way to maintain the temp under 90 F, I'm sure it will be fine. For us unfortunately, 100 was as low as we could go. We just kept rotating it every 30 minutes or so and it stayed in one piece but as you can see from the pic, it melted down on the edges. By keeping a small aluminum foil slab underneath it, it never dripped through the grate and at least stayed together. The taste is amazing. We're going to start doing this more often. I used Apple wood chips and smoked it for 4 hours. I may try it on our charcoal smoker, but that's even harder to maintain low temperatures, so who knows.

My electric one the heating element snaps on to the side and it comes with an extension to move the heat farther away so you can smoke it without the heat

rinkishjk

Did a test turkey for Thanksgiving last night. Turned out good. About 3hrs in the smoker.

Attachments

• 1447683782643.jpg
    1447683782643.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 107

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks! I only used Applewood, I usually use cherry and apple but I had no cherry. Temp was high, 350 roughly.

Yes! It's our favorite holiday as we cook for the whole family! We took over the holiday from my aunt. I'll just leave it at that! :eek:

Hmmmm. I may give this a whirl. What size bird?

Top Bottom