Watcha cookin'?

Brute

Hooked
Hey now, that's not all we cook! :cheesy:

Yessir, smoking a brisket today (while it's not raining for once) for my wife's family reunion on Sunday afternoon. Gonna be bummed that I can't slice into it when it's done cooking, guess I'll just have to delay satisfaction until this weekend :brows:

I have a very good friend that played baseball at UT and owns a hotel & dive business in Yap...and he says "in Texas, brisket is king"...

Kyle7R

I have a very good friend that played baseball at UT and owns a hotel & dive business in Yap...and he says "in Texas, brisket is king"...

That is no lie my friend. A bbq book I was reading a while back had an except that said "Only Texans and the Jewish understand brisket" lol!

Kyle7R

Finished product. Can't watt too slice this baby open on Sunday!

Attachments

• 1465479856351.jpg
    1465479856351.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 1465479864263.jpg
    1465479864263.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 78

swampdog

Do you reheat it?

Yes. I've seen someone "hot tub" one before, where you put it in a gallon size ziploc (assuming it will fit) and warm it in a pot of water in the stove, this way there is no dry air (oven) to rob the meat of its moisture. I'm sure there are other ways as well.

Kyle7R

Do you reheat it?

Yessir, part of the reason I opted for foil instead of my preferred butcher paper wrap. I know it will retain plenty of moisture this way, and I can pop it in the oven or in a warmer when we get ready to slice and serve. I've had good results with it before, and cooking before hand allows me time to adjust as I cook instead of being locked to a specific deadline

Yes. I've seen someone "hot tub" one before, where you put it in a gallon size ziploc (assuming it will fit) and warm it in a pot of water in the stove, this way there is no dry air (oven) to rob the meat of its moisture. I'm sure there are other ways as well.

I've never "hot tub"-ed one before, that's a new one!

swampdog

Yessir, part of the reason I opted for foil instead of my preferred butcher paper wrap. I know it will retain plenty of moisture this way, and I can pop it in the oven or in a warmer when we get ready to slice and serve. I've had good results with it before, and cooking before hand allows me time to adjust as I cook instead of being locked to a specific deadline

I've never "hot tub"-ed one before, that's a new one!

Yup, his take on a sous vide I guess!

Brute

Hooked
Yup, his take on a sous vide I guess!

I have a water circulator now...but I was part of the "ghetto sous vide" movement years ago...ziplock bags immersed in water to push all the air out before sealing, then put in a pot of water with thermometer at a specific temp...If your cooking for a big crowd, you can precook and vacuum bag everything, then put it in a big stockpot of warm water at the temp that won't overcook...and zip them open and plate as you go...this is how a lot of restaurants do it these days...

swampdog

I have a water circulator now...but I was part of the "ghetto sous vide" movement years ago...ziplock bags immersed in water to push all the air out before sealing, then put in a pot of water with thermometer at a specific temp...If your cooking for a big crowd, you can precook and vacuum bag everything, then put it in a big stockpot of warm water at the temp that won't overcook...and zip them open and plate as you go...this is how a lot of restaurants do it these days...

Yup! You are quite the Renaissance man, very impressive.

Kyle7R

Thought I'd report back now that I was finally able too slice it. It was probably the best brisket I've ever done.

Here's the best pic I've got, they were all scarfing it down faster than I could slice it!

Attachments

• 1465786480287.jpg
    1465786480287.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 78

RUBEERCON

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465786634.030544.jpg
Beer can chicken on a egg. Cooked skinless, olive oil and rub. Pulled the breasts off for this weeks dinner. Hope I can duplicate it again!

RUBEERCON

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465787337.588386.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465787352.976436.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465787417.834941.jpg
Fillets, lobster and homemade Sushi at our monthly hump day party. Tulsa, OK sushi is not in the map but my friend can bust it out for an okie.

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure what to call this, other than delicious. Similar to a shrimp scampi, add pesto, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, peas, and corn. Served over a bed of thinly sliced squash instead of pasta.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465961479.475042.jpg

RUBEERCON

Not sure what to call this, other than delicious. Similar to a shrimp scampi, add pesto, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, peas, and corn. Served over a bed of thinly sliced squash instead of pasta.

Hard to beat a good pesto dish. I'm going try this one soon with some zucchini and red pepper flakes. Growing some squash and zucchini in some pots right now.

Top Bottom