WAYALIFE EPIC TREX : Rockin Rubicon Run 2015 - July 14th-16th

bkac

Caught the Bug
Remember a fuse is protecting the lowest rated device in the circuit. I think the plug that comes with the ARB is fused at 7 amps. Using a heavier AWG wire is not for current capacity as much as to help with voltage loss. I would thing even 12 AWG would be more than sufficient for this. (Back to fusing), If you are planning to wire in a receptacle and use the supplied ARB cord. The receptacle will likely be the limiting current carrying item and you should fuse to protect it. I'd be surprised if you can find one rated more than 10 amps.

True, but wouldn't the fridge be protected off the 7 amp fuse?

True, but wouldn't the fridge be protected off the 7 amp fuse?

Believe it or not the fuse isn't to protect the fridge... It is to protect the cord supplying it with power. If the fuse comes into play, the fridge will have already malfunctioned. The fuse keeps the "short" from overheating the wire and causing a fire.

But yes, the ARB cord is protected. You need to protect to that cord should the failure be at the connection point.

Yes the fuse protects the wire - find the gauge wire you are going to use then select a fuse that doesn't exceed the value in the right column. There is a little more to this as in picking the correct gauge wire but this is a place to start.

Table.gif

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ I'm lost, is this about the Rubicon or ARB fridges. :crazyeyes: Guessing someone from NorCal posted in this thread. ;):cheesy:

K.D.C.H

^^^ I'm lost, is this about the Rubicon or ARB fridges. :crazyeyes: Guessing someone from NorCal posted in this thread. ;):cheesy:

Ok getting back on topic...

I can't wait. Only 8 days until I get to test out my ARB fridge on the Rubicon Run ;) :cheesy:

getoverit

I'm really sad to say that Ray and I will not be able to make this trip after all. Ray started a new job today and is not able to get the time off so soon to his start date. We'll have to watch from the side lines. We're totally bummed but wish you all an amazing time! Rachel

So bummed you won't make the trip :grayno: Congrats to Ray on his new job, but we'll miss you guys! We'll see you on another one soon I hope...

Top Bottom