WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much more protection from the tire/wheel for all of the important bits on the end of the axle...love it! :thumb:

Oh yeah, the protection is amazing but even more amazing is the huge improvement is in its scrub radius. Way more maneuverable and even easier to steer with lockers on. Here's another shot from down low so that you can see how the lower ball joint is protected.
final.jpg

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Bigjimbo

Oh yeah, the protection is amazing but even more amazing is the huge improvement is in its scrub radius. Way more maneuverable and even easier to steer with lockers on. Here's another shot from down low so that you can see how the lower ball joint is protected.
View attachment 248185

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs
So I'll guess 5" BS. Looks like TR offers up to 6". Pretty impressive if there's no contact with those 40s.

Is this what Dynatrac is focusing on with this new 60?

highoctane

Caught the Bug

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

That's a significant improvement compared to my XD60 with the older wheel ends and 3.5" bs wheels. All of that is exposed on mine.

IMG_5703.jpg

image-2086284121.jpg

It also looks like they have your coilovers and shocks mounted much lower on the axle tube than mine is. It looks like it's enough that Rubicat would sit a few inches lower than mine with the same amount of up travel. Do you have to do any kind of clearancing in the frame on the passenger side for the drag link?

Here's where they mounted my lower coilover/shock mounts for reference. It's a muddy, blurry pic but you can see how high mine are mounted on the axle tube compared to Rubicat's.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 3.36.31 PM.jpg

Last edited:

sc_rhino

That's a significant improvement compared to my XD60 with the older wheel ends and 3.5" bs wheels. All of that is exposed on mine.

View attachment 248224

View attachment 248225

It also looks like they have your coilovers and shocks mounted much lower on the axle tube than mine is. It looks like it's enough that Rubicat would sit a few inches lower than mine with the same amount of up travel. Do you have to do any kind of clearancing in the frame on the passenger side for the drag link?

Here's where they mounted my lower coilover/shock mounts for reference. It's a muddy, blurry pic but you can see how high mine are mounted on the axle tube compared to Rubicat's.

View attachment 248226

Drew told me that if I wanted the evo high steer then I would have to go with the regular wheel end. Maybe dynatrac is trying to fix that now.

Ddays

Hooked
View attachment 248185

Damn work's been getting in the way of my surfing here - I totally missed this! WOW :eek: That new setup is badass!
Man, Rubicat is hands down my favorite Jeep. Dozer is the only color I'd trade my Jeep for.

sc_rhino

Damn work's been getting in the way of my surfing here - I totally missed this! WOW :eek: That new setup is badass!
Man, Rubicat is hands down my favorite Jeep. Dozer is the only color I'd trade my Jeep for.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the setup that spicy chicken has. Other than the wheels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

More than the reduction of exposure, significant improvements in steering have been made as well. Rubicat can now turn on a dime or at least, relatively so in spite of having a front 60.

The axle mounts are about the same. Modifications have been made to the frame towers and newly designed bypass shocks have been installed to provide more clearance - enough so to allow full stuff of a 40" tire even at a full turn and without rubbing.

sc_rhino

Set build goals to rubicat
... And Eddie goes and moves the damn bar AGAIN! :(

J/K. Rubicat looks awesome! I can't wait to see more out on the trail! :thumb:

It's not just rubicat, once you research, finally decide on a path, something always changes. But oh well. Get the best at the time and don't look back.

GraniteCrystal

Set build goals to rubicat
... And Eddie goes and moves the damn bar AGAIN! :(

J/K. Rubicat looks awesome! I can't wait to see more out on the trail! :thumb:
I had similar thoughts. Rubicat rubs a PR44 with Rubi internals so I'll go with that.

And then he gets a XD60...

Guess I need 60/60!

Top Bottom