WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

CJW

So how are you keeping the chamber pros looking so good??? I just bought a set a couple months ago and can't keep the bare aluminum from staining.

mcw*402

RubiCAT is whole again! New spare installed, general maintenance performed and even washed :)
View attachment 159348

Time to rack up Moby and get to work on him!

I've scene a lot of rigs running that style of spare tire carrier. It looks like it mounts directly to the body. Will it swing open to access the back of the jeep through the tailgate?

SaddleTramp

I've scene a lot of rigs running that style of spare tire carrier. It looks like it mounts directly to the body. Will it swing open to access the back of the jeep through the tailgate?

Yes, pins on the left side Johnny Joints, carrier opens the same way but separate of the gate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, do I love living in Carson City! Just got a pair of new hydraulic hoses made, while I waited, in about 10 min and for a reasonable price :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439322316.245348.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice, did you get them a tad bit longer for some slack or same specs?

Actually, I got them shorter. The original hoses were too long and because of it, they were chaffing on brackets. The new shorter length makes for a clean install.

Actually, I got them shorter. The original hoses were too long and because of it, they were chaffing on brackets. The new shorter length makes for a clean install.

Interesting... I am having the same issue. I wrapped the hoses with some wire loom stuff to help for now, but I will be replacing mine soon.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
When did you switch to chamber pros on Moby? Any clearance problems on either jeep with the DTD?

Sucks on the hoses, hopefully your done with that problem now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently, the bolt I replaced on our Atlas wasn't enough to stop the leak. Decided to just pull the inspection cover and redo the gasket.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439765374.636775.jpg

Unfortunately, the transfer case used a paper gasket and I don't want to use RTV here. Time to go to the store.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WAYALIFE on the GO Photos!!

After a quick trip to autozone, I had what I needed to finish up the job I started.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439772624.661455.jpg

Rather than wait to order a new replacement gasket from Advance Adapters, I decide to make my own.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439772640.640078.jpg

Using the cover plate to size up the gasket material I would need to cut and use.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439772731.826824.jpg

Using the cover plate as a template to draw up the gasket and location of the holes.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439772770.235116.jpg

After taking some measurement, I drew in the inner edge of the gasket.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439772889.670652.jpg

Cutting out the holes and then the inner section to create the final gasket.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439772960.455063.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439773006.386187.jpg

Using 2 of the cover bolts to hold the inspection cover plate and new gasket to the bottom of the Atlas.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439773045.609532.jpg

Applying some Ultra Blue RTV to the threads of the remaining bolts.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439773132.222277.jpg

Installing the remaining bolts.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439773156.197670.jpg

After removing the 2 starter bolts, I applied RTV to them and reinstalled them.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439773225.801743.jpg

Just gotta wait for everything to dry and then torque the bolts, reinstall the drain plug and refill. Hopefully, this will do the trick :)

Top Bottom