WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

JKTHOMPSON

The night before our 2010 Project-JK Rockin Rubicon Trail Run, I asked my friend Tom why he wanted to run this trail and he casually responded that "if you want to be an accomplished four wheeler, there are a few places in this world you have to go and one is the Rubicon." Crossing through the El Dorado National Forest up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the Rubicon Trail is truly one of the most beautiful ones I've been on bar none. Of course, its unrelenting 22 miles of boulders that need to be crawled, steep ledges that need to be climbed, narrow trees that need to be squeezed between, deep muddy water crossings that need to be forded and tippy off camber terrain that needs to be carefully negotiated is ultimately what makes the Rubicon Trail so legendary and famous around the world.

Originally made as a single half hour video, RUBICON : A Legendary Jeep Trail & Off-Road Adventure has been broken down into a 3 part series, each approximately 10 minutes long and so that it could be broadcasted on YouTube.

Part 1 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Part 3 of 3

This is great. I like how you set it up and remind people you are not tour guides lol. I am sure you guys will have a great time. I will be heading off the Rubicon that Monday, I will have cold ones ready if I see you guys.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For those of you needing spill kits and other tools or parts for the trip, O'Reilly's is offering free shipping for the next three days. Enter promo code FREESHIP at checkout.

rubicrawl

For those of you needing spill kits and other tools or parts for the trip, O'Reilly's is offering free shipping for the next three days. Enter promo code FREESHIP at checkout.

Sweet thanks brotha I do need a spill kit thought I could of got one from work but didn't have any

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
For those of you that have never run it be prepared for two hours in this heat.

Yea that ride from South Lake Tahoe to the trailhead topless and doorless can be miserable. Bundle up and be prepared. I even have my dog in a coat and wrapped in a blanket.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wrong. You'll be driving doorless and topless trying to keep up with eddie on the hwy...the'll be a little wind. :cheesy:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

With any luck Sharkey will be my co-pilot and he will be on "snuggling" duty.

Top Bottom