What did Brown Santa show up with today..

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
It's for when I decide to finally find a replacement factory shaft so I can fix a possible bent flange that I've had for over a year now lol

too bad neither of you are closer to me. i need to do an axle replacement too! i should be able to do mine next month or so. just need to decide home much overtime will be worth the exhaustion. oh thats right, its for jeep parts... so its all worth it!!

wetfootnw

Took a few weeks but my Mopar front half doors and uppers showed up yesterday. The rears will be here early next week and have a friend lined up to paint the doors.

BXK8oabl.jpg
IIYNZ49l.jpg

mcsjk

Lol and that's what I'm worried about. I'm sure I could get it out with a hammer but if a bearing gets stuck I'm F'd

I didn't have a slide hammer. I used a plumbing torch to heat and expand the axle tube by pointing the flame in between the race and the axle and then used the back of a hammer (the nail puller part) to work my way around the race little by little and eventually it popped out. Good times!

Last edited:
I hate anyone with OEM or Rugged Ridge half doors!

Alana's Jeep came with the RR half doors and they were complete crap. We ended up selling them. This said, I've seen other sets that worked and fit well :crazyeyes: I'm wondering if the manufacturing process is loose :thinking:

Are these used like a tap set?

Yes and no. You match the file to the threads (ex: 13 threads per inch) and you slowly file the threads back to "perfect". This is used when something scars or ruins threads and your but keeps cross threading. We most recently used a set on a drag link that got cross threaded. It took some time but saved the drag link.

Top Bottom