What has your Jeep towed?

Yeah, looks like one huh.
Its actually a Burro, a trailer kit that was delivered by freight to your door in several large pieces and then the purchaser would put it together in his garage. Factory was in Escondido, CA.

Burros were originally made in Iowa, then I think went out of business and resurfaced in Escondido in the 90's...

When I got out of high school a friend and I got jobs at the Escondido "factory" and only lasted a couple days before quitting... The management was horrible and the employees were disgruntled as all hell.. This was around 98-99 and I think the company went under shortly after we left due to the shitty way the business was ran.

Although the finished trailers there were very cool, and I did want one.

I love my Whaler

How heavy is your boat? How does it do stopping the boat when braking? Does it seem to pull you down the ramp when you launch the boat? I have a 19ft Wellcraft 190 Classic right at 2000 lbs. and was thinking about towing with my 2014 JKU.

How heavy is your boat? How does it do stopping the boat when braking? Does it seem to pull you down the ramp when you launch the boat? I have a 19ft Wellcraft 190 Classic right at 2000 lbs. and was thinking about towing with my 2014 JKU.

I believe the max tow weight of the jku is about 2000 lbs so you would be fine. I have pulled my parents 25' Larson which is close to 5000 lbs down the road to get gas and back and forth to the ramp multiple times with my 2 door so you will be fine.

I pull my 19" glastron with my two door and it does great. I have a truck but the jeep does just fine so I use it.

How does your Jeep do pulling your boat? I have about a 3200# Malibu, but I haven't pulled it yet with my 2015 Rubicon, not sure it will handle it. What does your boat weigh?

The Jeep tows my boat very well, the boat, motor, and trailer weigh 3500 lbs dry, about 3900 lbs with a full tank of gas and gear. I can safely and confidently drive highway speeds and stop just fine, my trailer has surge brakes. On the boat ramp its fine, doesn't feel like it pulls at all, as a matter of fact, a few months ago when we had the super moon low tides, a 2wd Chevy truck could not pull a 27 foot contender out because his rear tires were on the slimy part of the ramp, he could barely pull out the empty trailer. He had nothing for me to attach a tow line, so I used his trailer on my Jeep, put it in 4 Lo and crawled up that ramp pulling that big ass boat behind me. I wish I had taken a video, or at least a picture.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421820814.521246.jpg
Offroad- an idiot who tried to pull out another idiot. The Tj pulled the whole mess out first try. Air pressure you morons!!! Haha

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421820972.069345.jpg
On road- Polaris RZR

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421821120.707987.jpg
Christmas tree in a m1102 Humvee trailer.. I plan to narrow the trailer 24"and use it for the RZR, dirt bikes, and offroad camping.

I've also towed 3 full size dirt bikes in a Datsun trailer.

Everything I've pulled this far has felt fine- but I am running f350 brakes.

IMG_1910.jpg Towed my 18' whaler to launch it and to the boat storage place where we keep it in Maine. IMG_1926.jpg Did the same deal with my Family's 21' O'Day.

I don't have a photo of my Jeep towing my sailboat (this is the FJ I had before I bought my Jeep)... But in december I towed it without any issue...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421942096.713933.jpg

I've been working on this. Towed it from Savanna GA to Ft. Jackson and its been in my garage ever since. So far I have rebuilt the hubs, spring packs, and am currently painting it to color match my Jeep (Granite Crystal and flat black). Immediate plans include new tires (currently on 31s), rebuild the trail table, switching the 5 plug harness to a 4 plug, and some other misc. parts. The trailer spare will reside on the roof rack, as well as some fuel packs. I also have 2 solar panels that I need to fab a mount for.

As it sat when I picked it up:
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg
IMG_1302.jpg
yjt.png

Future plans include a slide drawer system for the inside, an access door on the right front side with a fridge slide out, and small access door on the left front side for the batteries.

Ill update when I am done painting (hopefully this weekend).

Last edited:
I've been working on this. Towed it from Savanna GA to Ft. Jackson and its been in my garage ever since. So far I have rebuilt the hubs, spring packs, and am currently painting it to color match my Jeep (Granite Crystal and flat black). Immediate plans include new tires (currently on 31s), rebuild the trail table, switching the 5 plug harness to a 4 plug, and some other misc. parts. The trailer spare will reside on the roof rack, as well as some fuel packs. I also have 2 solar panels that I need to fab a mount for.

As it sat when I picked it up:
View attachment 122956
View attachment 122957
View attachment 122958
View attachment 122959

Future plans include a slide drawer system for the inside, an access door on the right front side with a fridge slide out, and small access door on the left front side for the batteries.

Ill update when I am done painting (hopefully this weekend).

Nice trailer, you should post a complete build thread on this so I can copy you.... Awesome job so far.

Nice trailer, you should post a complete build thread on this so I can copy you.... Awesome job so far.

Thanks, I think its going to be a very good platform for what we need it for. I may start a build thread on it, or add it to my Jeep build thread. Either way, I guess I should start taking some pics of the progress!

1423482972279.jpg

I tow my 23' Malibu around town from time to time in summer. Dont think I'd ever take it on hwy. Wish I had the boats engine in the jeep lol.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom