What was done to your rig this week?

colo dean

So it's not for the JK, but still a Jeep, we are building a CJ5 for my oldest. Bought a set of Speedhut gauges and am building a custom dash for it. Got everything cut in and test fitted. Will still need to finish painting the dash as I only had a little left in the can and figured may as well use it up but it will be the same green that is on it. Not sure yet what to do for dash lighting for the switches.
IMG_5029_zpsxfauhlef.jpg
Next is building the rest of the wiring harness.

Sgranhold

Came home and my son had added the wayalife decal to my jeep :) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428710667.961483.jpg trying to decide if I wanna cut the fenders or not..... decisions decisions

Rccrwlr

So it's not for the JK, but still a Jeep, we are building a CJ5 for my oldest. Bought a set of Speedhut gauges and am building a custom dash for it. Got everything cut in and test fitted. Will still need to finish painting the dash as I only had a little left in the can and figured may as well use it up but it will be the same green that is on it. Not sure yet what to do for dash lighting for the switches.
View attachment 136512
Next is building the rest of the wiring harness.

You have any other pics? I have a 79 cj5 that I've had for 24 years. Love the old metal

colo dean

You have any other pics? I have a 79 cj5 that I've had for 24 years. Love the old metal
Sure, I have a few hundred :) She's a '74 that turned into a frame off resto Not sure about linking other forums, but I have a build thread on the Jeep CJ forum - Sons 74 project if ya care to look at whats been done.
How it looked when we brought it home
IMG_4465_zps17b9f946.jpg
Mid way
IMG_4688_zpsc895c572.jpg .
Outside frame was painted, inside and cross members bed lined. Tub under and inside bed lined, outside will be metallic black. She's going back together now slowly, Will have her on the road this summer, really can't wait to drive it again!

Moabbnd

Replaced the RE twin tubes in the rear with Bilstein 5100s. It was about time

Attachments

• CAM01343.jpg
    CAM01343.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 267

Rccrwlr

Sure, I have a few hundred :) She's a '74 that turned into a frame off resto Not sure about linking other forums, but I have a build thread on the Jeep CJ forum - Sons 74 project if ya care to look at whats been done.
View attachment 136539
Mid way
View attachment 136536 .
Outside frame was painted, inside and cross members bed lined. Tub under and inside bed lined, outside will be metallic black. She's going back together now slowly, Will have her on the road this summer, really can't wait to drive it again!

Nice. Ya don't link share here. What motor u have or going with?

Rccrwlr

View attachment 136539
Mid way
View attachment 136536 .

Here's my 79'
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=15491

colo dean

Leaving the factory 258 I-6, with the granny geared T-18 and 4.27 gears. Top speed is around 55 or so which is plenty. It isn't going to be an interstate rig but it will crawl over almost anything.

rangair94

I just took it back in for a 3rd time for the check engine and brake noise that never happens when it's in. I even drove it around for like 45 minutes with a tech, WTF.

xflstl

296.jpg getting a genright aluminum tire carrier mounted, tweaking required to work with PSC crusher corners. Also the shop is tweaking all the last odds and ends of my PR 60/80 combo install.

Elmer

Changed out the spark plugs and wires yesterday with the help of the WAYALIFE write up. Made it very simple.

It's an '08 and I have 74600 on the clock. Was having pretty rough idle intermittently and a misfire code here and there but yesterday it was really bad - shaking and misfires on 1 and 5.

Now it's back to running like a top.

Top Bottom