What was done to your rig this week?

WJCO

Meme King
Got in an accident last night. Roads were icy and another driver couldn't complete the turn and hit our RR wheel. Luckily no one hurt and both vehicles driveable, however, on the way home, there was a clicking noise from RR wheel along with it wobbling pretty good. I'm pretty sure the axle is bent. I'll have it at a shop on Monday to document and verify. I'm hoping the tire is ok too, the rim bead smashed into the rubber pretty good. Doesn't appear to be any body damage so far, Jeep still covered in snow and ice, but I don't see anything.

accident jeep (7).JPG accident jeep (6).JPG accident jeep (5).jpg accident jeep (4).jpg accident jeep (3).jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Got in an accident last night. Roads were icy and another driver couldn't complete the turn and hit our RR wheel. Luckily no one hurt and both vehicles driveable, however, on the way home, there was a clicking noise from RR wheel along with it wobbling pretty good. I'm pretty sure the axle is bent. I'll have it at a shop on Monday to document and verify. I'm hoping the tire is ok too, the rim bead smashed into the rubber pretty good. Doesn't appear to be any body damage so far, Jeep still covered in snow and ice, but I don't see anything.

View attachment 174631 View attachment 174632 View attachment 174633 View attachment 174634 View attachment 174635

Glad everyone is ok. Yea sounds like you bent a flange

hawklee

Got to have fun with a reciprocating saw. Cut off these corners in the rear wheel well(I forget what there called),also cut some adjustable rear sway bars links and installed them in place of the short ones that came withy kit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448145625.523301.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448145664.573024.jpg

NAUJK

Well that was weird stupid phone....

Thanks Frank for pointing that out to me.

Anyway this post was supposed to say....

Tried to install my Evo corners but the bolt nut method for the nutserts did not work... so I ordered the tool should be on Tuesday once I get the tool here.

Attachments

• 1448163231766.jpg
    1448163231766.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

TheFett

View attachment 174631 View attachment 174632 View attachment 174633 View attachment 174634 View attachment 174635

Damn brother, be safe out there and I'm glad to hear everyone (both vehicles) was ok. Metal and parts can be replaced but the people inside are far more precious! I second Coz in the repair and good luck.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

That blows man.

I changed my oil. That's it this week. [emoji106]

303DAILY

Good looking on the first chop job!! Man I still question if I have the guts to cut mine, so hats off brother and good job looks good!

Thanks the first measurements take the longest to match each side but other than that it's just time consuming. Always remember you can find them free on Craigslist lol [emoji13]

JCMULEY

They are the OEM half doors. We bought them used in black and had they vinyl wrapped instead of painting which was about a quarter of the cost.

Nice doors. Interested in using vinyl myself but noticed the color looks off. Having no knowledge of wraps my question is do they match wrap color by paint code?

Top Bottom