What was done to your rig this week?

AU Bronc N JK

Today I installed the Banks Air Intake. Now, I'm not here to get into any sort of philosophical discussion about butt dynos, MPG gains or losses, HP, etc...

No, I installed it for a purely scientific reason. It's 115 freaking degrees here in the AZ desert, and with heat, air becomes less dense...hence less oxygen. The Banks has a bigger hole, a fatter tube, and monstrous filter. My theory is it will get more oxygen into my engine. Whatever the outcome, at least it looks cool. :beer:
Now I need to add the matching exhaust...

View attachment 214676

I haven't heard the banks exhaust on a 3.6l. I had their full system (intake, exhaust header, and 'monster' exhaust muffler) on my 06 LJ and really liked the tone of the exhaust. Post up Video of it if u get the exhaust too!

colo dean

Had a buddy come over and help get my tire carrier installed today. Still waiting for the parts to hook up the winch to it, shop said that would be ready next week.
20160729_191159_zpss9zzzxc2.jpg

Big Bad Wolf

Got poison spyder armor to cover up the old psc boat sides I used to have. One side lined up fine. One side didn't even line up at all and had to drill out all the holes. Good ol' transamerican manufacturing!

View attachment 214891

Also I wouldn't recommend the liners. They look like they were cut with the most dull scissors you can find. Just make your own.

View attachment 214892

Good news! Fresh powder coat on the sliders look so good!

View attachment 214893

Those sliders look nice!

I ditched the liners on my PS fenders. I have also run into manufacturing issues with holes lining up, not with the fenders but my rear bumper.. what a pain.

The biggest issue I have with many after market products is they use Alen key style flush head bolts. They look nice but wait until they rust.. getting them off is impossible. I had to drill out ALL of them.. I guess that's what happens when you live in a moist environment.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Installed the Evo fascia & AEV tire carrier. I installed some flush mount SRM lights and added a spot to install a reverse camera. I'm really liking this mod.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470008941.309357.jpg

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Finally got my winch up off the garage floor and installed it along with AEV front/ rear bumpers and tire carrier
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470010706.870831.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470010744.365811.jpg
Next up will be an actual lift kit to replace the budget boost and and LoD sliders in August

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Nice work! that looks great

Thanks! It got a little frustrating there at the end. The distance between the bolt holes on the D-Ring shackle mounts don't line up with the ones on the AEV spindle housing. You have to enlarge one of the holes on the AEV bracket. I'm glad I got it all back together though. Hahah.

swampdog

So, I felt absolutely crazy doing this, but as soon as my Method 105 Beadlocks came in today.....I went to down on the rings with 400 grit sandpaper ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470089307.479266.jpg

I am going to paint the rings gold, but it just felt so wrong to scuff up these beauties! Next will be 2 coats of self etching primer, another round of sanding (1000 grit), and then 3 lights coats of gold paint and 1 wet coat of gold. I know they will get scratched up, but I can hit them with touch ups every once in a while.

Also, thinking about painting the EVO rear fascia gold when I get it in another month or so.

Top Bottom