What was done to your rig this week?

WJCO

Meme King
So, I felt absolutely crazy doing this, but as soon as my Method 105 Beadlocks came in today.....I went to down on the rings with 400 grit sandpaper

I am going to paint the rings gold, but it just felt so wrong to scuff up these beauties! Next will be 2 coats of self etching primer, another round of sanding (1000 grit), and then 3 lights coats of gold paint and 1 wet coat of gold. I know they will get scratched up, but I can hit them with touch ups every once in a while.

Also, thinking about painting the EVO rear fascia gold when I get it in another month or so.

Part of owning a Jeep. You can cosmetically damage brand new parts and feel good about it. Can't do that with a classic car.

swampdog

So, I felt absolutely crazy doing this, but as soon as my Method 105 Beadlocks came in today.....I went to down on the rings with 400 grit sandpaper View attachment 215496

I am going to paint the rings gold, but it just felt so wrong to scuff up these beauties! Next will be 2 coats of self etching primer, another round of sanding (1000 grit), and then 3 lights coats of gold paint and 1 wet coat of gold. I know they will get scratched up, but I can hit them with touch ups every once in a while.

Also, thinking about painting the EVO rear fascia gold when I get it in another month or so.

3 coats of self-etching primer in the SwampDog open air paint booth (first home problems - no garage). Letting them dry and then bringing them in to cure for a day or two in the AC, then 4 coats of gold and installation this weekend!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470095308.779723.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470095318.153022.jpg

Sullivan

3 coats of self-etching primer in the SwampDog open air paint booth (first home problems - no garage). Letting them dry and then bringing them in to cure for a day or two in the AC, then 4 coats of gold and installation this weekend!

I did the same thing. Bought mine from a buddy that had just got them and had them powdercoated green. I blasted them with some color matched Pearlcoat blue.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470097684.427143.jpg
Green when I got them
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470097788.480076.jpg

Then this is 12 hours after they were first installed. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470097842.083476.jpg

Mikeyboc

Decided to plasti dip the grill. Been saving money for the mods I really want and got the itch to just do something (ANYTHING really). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470246918.586486.jpg

Last edited:

swampdog

I did the same thing. Bought mine from a buddy that had just got them and had them powdercoated green. I blasted them with some color matched Pearlcoat blue.
View attachment 215597
Green when I got them
View attachment 215599

Then this is 12 hours after they were first installed. View attachment 215600

Hahaha, that's how it goes. Hence, why I'm going rattle can.

swampdog

View attachment 215557 View attachment 215558

Sooooo...I took a long lunch today because rain is in the forecast for the next 5 days. 4 coats of Rustoleum Gold Rush later...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470247754.236721.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470247763.441253.jpg

And a sneak peek - ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470247782.885243.jpg

swampdog

Sooooo...I took a long lunch today because rain is in the forecast for the next 5 days. 4 coats of Rustoleum Gold Rush later...

View attachment 215842
View attachment 215843

And a sneak peek - View attachment 215844

Beadlock install is done! Took longer than expected (5 hours including going to 3 different tire shops to find someone who had time to break the tires off my old wheels). I had to completely disassemble the last one after going to air it up and realizing I forgot the valve stem...major bummer at 11:15 at night. They all seem to be maintaining air pressure and will be checked daily for the next week and torqued down after another 30 miles or so. I will also say I screwed up by only letting the paint on the rings cure for about 5 hours before doing the install so I already dinged them up a bit, but they will be trashed after the first wheeling trip so no worries. Also, Method sent the hardware 2 bolts and washers short, so my spare is missing 2 bolts in the ring. Slightly disappointing, but not a huge deal, I will call them and get them shipped today.

Anyways, enough complaining, here is the final product! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470318915.690958.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470318934.842545.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470318945.075577.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Beadlock install is done! Took longer than expected (5 hours including going to 3 different tire shops to find someone who had time to break the tires off my old wheels). I had to completely disassemble the last one after going to air it up and realizing I forgot the valve stem...major bummer at 11:15 at night. They all seem to be maintaining air pressure and will be checked daily for the next week and torqued down after another 30 miles or so. I will also say I screwed up by only letting the paint on the rings cure for about 5 hours before doing the install so I already dinged them up a bit, but they will be trashed after the first wheeling trip so no worries. Also, Method sent the hardware 2 bolts and washers short, so my spare is missing 2 bolts in the ring. Slightly disappointing, but not a huge deal, I will call them and get them shipped today.

Anyways, enough complaining, here is the final product! View attachment 215942 View attachment 215943 View attachment 215944

Looks great dude.

Top Bottom