Windrock - 24-25 OCT 15

JSTJPN

I hope everyone can make it. This is really turning out to be a big ride. Nothing like good friends riding the trails then hanging out round the camp fire enjoying good company.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I hope everyone can make it. This is really turning out to be a big ride. Nothing like good friends riding the trails then hanging out round the camp fire enjoying good company.

Are we doing two different groups? Because my buddy stock jk is really a stock jk...

JSTJPN

Are we doing two different groups? Because my buddy stock jk is really a stock jk...

With the numbers growing I think we will. May have a mild/easy group and a hard group.

Windrock is so diverse and large that every skill level and setup can have a great time.

trailless

Caught the Bug
With the numbers growing I think we will. May have a mild/easy group and a hard group.

Windrock is so diverse and large that every skill level and setup can have a great time.

Ok, at least two groups would probably be best. I wouldn't want to hold back other folks that want to try the harder trails.

JSTJPN

I think 2 groups will be the way to do this run.

Totally agree. Those that want to hit the hard stuff can drive on while the rest hit the easier ones. I may ride with the easier group especially if the wife goes. She isn't too crazy about scraping metal and steep climbs.

thardy

Banned
That really is the best part!

I think so too! Just need a good leader for both. Windrock probably isn't the best place to get lost!

We've got a few folks that have been there before and I'll be tagging along with the "easier" group to help get folks through things.

JSTJPN

We've got a few folks that have been there before and I'll be tagging along with the "easier" group to help get folks through things.

There are some old mine openings and other historical mining things to see as well. So doing some "crawling" and overloading can be fun too.

thardy

Banned
There are some old mine openings and other historical mining things to see as well. So doing some "crawling" and overloading can be fun too.

That's one of the things Scrambler was wanting to setup. He's been there a lot on ATVs and was going to work with Ken on some of the routes and such.

Also, little side note here, this will officially be the first pre-run for the 2016 End of Summer Run.

JSTJPN

That's one of the things Scrambler was wanting to setup. He's been there a lot on ATVs and was going to work with Ken on some of the routes and such.

Also, little side note here, this will officially be the first pre-run for the 2016 End of Summer Run.

Sounds good. That place is awesome and ironically, closer and easier to get to then Uwharrie. With 75 running so close by.

Top Bottom