WINDROCK End of Summer Pre-Run #3 - May 13-15

jkwebbie

I think I'll use this shirt and pit #melwadeballs on the back lol

Attachments

• 1460815945496.jpg
    1460815945496.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 68

JSTJPN

Trevor, add one more to the scenic/intermediate group: Redeemed. He is a new Jeeper and this will be his first ride at Kendrick as well. He will be riding on Friday also.

Hodsden

You'll do fine man! We'll get you through it!

That's why I love the group! Depending on work I probably won't make it up until Friday night is anyone headed up from around the Atlanta area around then that wants to ride up together?

Hodsden

Trevor, add one more to the advanced group I'm in I have a buddy of mine George that's wanting to come.

Hodsden

He just got back from Moab and EJS so lockers front and rear and winch but I'm sure there are others that he has that I don't know about

swampdog

I'm pumped to see this park. Spent some time today out at Uwharrie and it just was a tease thinking about this. Have rear brake lines to install before I head out there and just a thorough greasing / inspection. After watching the videos, I feel like an oil pan skid may be in store before then as well.

jkwebbie

I'm pumped to see this park. Spent some time today out at Uwharrie and it just was a tease thinking about this. Have rear brake lines to install before I head out there and just a thorough greasing / inspection. After watching the videos, I feel like an oil pan skid may be in store before then as well.

You'll love Windrock. Its hands down my favorite place to ride. But I would definitely get an oil pan skid. I have the EVO skid, I've hit it only once, so it's paid for itself lol

Uwharrie is fun, but its a mall lot compared to Windrock. 70,000 acres. Everything from gravel road to JKX and then some. Youll love it..

Grubbicon

Maybe im just weird but Ive never ran a oil pan skid or needed one. Granted the 3.8 is higher then the 3.6. Maybe im just lucky but i feel like if i got into that it would be the least of my worries considering it will probably end up on the driveshaft first.

Last edited:

jkwebbie

Maybe im just weird but Ive never ran a oil pan skid or needed one. Granted the 3.8 his higher then the 3.6. May im just lucky but i feel like if i got into that it would be the least of my worries considering it will probably end up on the driveshaft first.

Yea I don't think many people with the 3.8 run an oil pan skid because of that, same reason I don't run a transmission skid because the manual sits higher than the auto transmission. But I know if I hit my oil pan, I would be pretty much screwed so that's why I got it lol.

Kendawg198

Maybe im just weird but Ive never ran a oil pan skid or needed one. Granted the 3.8 is higher then the 3.6. Maybe im just lucky but i feel like if i got into that it would be the least of my worries considering it will probably end up on the driveshaft first.

I've bent mine. Got a new oil pan then the EVO skids from oil pan back to cross member. Replaced the stock cross member and also installed the fuel tank skid. Every skid plate I got has marks on them. Wouldn't wheel without skids.

Top Bottom