Windrock Park - TN - January 24-25

thardy

Banned
Alright, here we go East Coast Wayalifers, let's make 2015 a big one! My plan will be to drive up Friday, wheel Saturday and possibly Sunday morning before heading home. Who's in? I'll keep this first post updated with list of folks coming.

Also, what are thoughts on lodging? Hotel? Camping?

Going:
1. MedixJK
2. HB1501
3. jkwebbie
4. trail rig
5. smoky bear

Maybe:
1. Mr.Ty
2. warebear
3. bladerunnerJK

Last edited:

jmatta33

im in. likely getting a hotel. probably too cold for camping... I wont get in until late friday either. wheel all day saturday then head home sunday.

thardy

Banned
im in. likely getting a hotel. probably too cold for camping... I wont get in until late friday either. wheel all day saturday then head home sunday.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I think I remember seeing a hotel that offered discounts for mentioning the park. I'll look it up in the AM.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Count me in. Also is this gonna be a kid friendly trip or do I need to plan on leaving her at the mother in laws?
I will drive up Friday come home Sunday, looks like I'm about 4 hours away. 🇺🇸

thardy

Banned
Count me in. Also is this gonna be a kid friendly trip or do I need to plan on leaving her at the mother in laws?
I will drive up Friday come home Sunday, looks like I'm about 4 hours away. 

Honestly, I have no issues with kids coming. Eventually I'll have my daughter out with me, but being that she just turn 1, it's a little too early for a long weekend trip.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Honestly, I have no issues with kids coming. Eventually I'll have my daughter out with me, but being that she just turn 1, it's a little too early for a long weekend trip.

Mine is 12, I'm really more concerned about the ORV park more than our group. Some ORV areas I've been to over the years have been a little on the wild side. I didn't want roll up to a big party with kid onboard. But I'm coming anyway. 👍

thardy

Banned
Mine is 12, I'm really more concerned about the ORV park more than our group. Some ORV areas I've been to over the years have been a little on the wild side. I didn't want roll up to a big party with kid onboard. But I'm coming anyway. 

I hear ya. I don't really know much about the place other than what I've seen on their website, so I can't speak to that side.

Anybody know if this is the same place as Coal Creek? If so, ive been a few years ago. It was a holiday weekend so it was busy. Still didnt seem too wild though. If my boy was a lil older (3-1/2) id take him. Doubt he has the attention span for a weekend in the jk

thardy

Banned
Looks like the Oak Ridge area is where to stay hotel-wise. There's a Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn that both have discounts for the park. I'll look at calling as soon as I have time to see what rates would be. If anyone has an opportunity to call before I do, feel free. I found the info on Windrock Park's website.

thardy

Banned
Anybody know if this is the same place as Coal Creek? If so, ive been a few years ago. It was a holiday weekend so it was busy. Still didnt seem too wild though. If my boy was a lil older (3-1/2) id take him. Doubt he has the attention span for a weekend in the jk

Yes it does appear to be owned by Coal Creek.

I would love to join, but my Jeep is down for hydra assist, and cage install. :grayno: I guess that's what I get for procrastinating so long.

thardy

Banned
I would love to join, but my Jeep is down for hydra assist, and cage install. :grayno: I guess that's what I get for procrastinating so long.

Fully understand that man! Doing what I can to try and get some organization to the East Coast guys so I'm sure there will be plenty more runs in the future!

Yea, my younger boy corrected me when I said "Hydro" the other day.

He told me that "hydro" refers to power via water, where "hydra" is the correct abbreviated term for power from hydraulics. He's right so I'm trying to break my habit. (I'm kinda proud he is 12 and knows this!)

BTW I like the east coast efforts.... We live in southern OH, but I often travel several states to wheel. I'm sure we will cross paths soon. (I'm actually in GA for work this spring.)

Top Bottom