Wines of the Week

Brute

Hooked
Am I reading that correct. A 2006 and a 1997. Nicely aged[emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

that '97 burgundy was brought from our friends who live in Dijon, Burgundy, France when they visited last week...and it was killer.

JAGS

Hooked
that '97 burgundy was brought from our friends who live in Dijon, Burgundy, France when they visited last week...and it was killer.

I bet. I read the label. I believe "burgundy" is like "champagne" in that it must come from that region. That's a rare treat no doubt. Congrats on cool friends. [emoji6][emoji106]

Brute

Hooked
I bet. I read the label. I believe "burgundy" is like "champagne" in that it must come from that region. That's a rare treat no doubt. Congrats on cool friends. [emoji6][emoji106]

That is correct...and the vineyards in Burgundy might be the most expensive real estate per acre on the planet...home to wine legends La Tache, Romanee, Clos de Tart, etc...you need to take out a loan to buy one of these...

JAGS

Hooked
That is correct...and the vineyards in Burgundy might be the most expensive real estate per acre on the planet...home to wine legends La Tache, Romanee, Clos de Tart, etc...you need to take out a loan to buy one of these...

Wow. Thanks for sharing some knowledge!

I'm honestly just starting to learn a bit about French varietals. I discovered a "new-to-me" vineyard here on CA central coast that has imported classic vines from France and they have done remarkably well in the local soil. The vineyard is also organically farmed. Needless to say, I've quickly become a big fan of their French wines.

swampdog

Wow. Thanks for sharing some knowledge!

I'm honestly just starting to learn a bit about French varietals. I discovered a "new-to-me" vineyard here on CA central coast that has imported classic vines from France and they have done remarkably well in the local soil. The vineyard is also organically farmed. Needless to say, I've quickly become a big fan of their French wines.

Care to share the vineyard name? I get stuck on the same few wines and need to branch out.

JAGS

Hooked
Care to share the vineyard name? I get stuck on the same few wines and need to branch out.

Tablas creek. Not sure if any of their wines are in stores. I joined their wine club after doing a tasting. So far everything has been awesome. Aging a few per recommendation on tasting notes.

swampdog

Tablas creek. Not sure if any of their wines are in stores. I joined their wine club after doing a tasting. So far everything has been awesome. Aging a few per recommendation on tasting notes.

Thanks for the info man. I'll keep my eye out.

Brute

Hooked
This is my absolute favorite CA Pinot...Williams Selyem, especially from the Russian River Valley...not easy to find, but very good http://www.williamsselyem.com/

I also dig Pinots from OR...Bergstrom, Beaux Freres, Elk Cove, Domaine Serene, to name a few...just about any pinot out of the Willamette Valley. If you trace the latitude line that runs through Burgundy Fr, you will see that it also runs through the Willamette Valley; and in Burgundy, it is all about the Pinot Noir grape...

MTG

Caught the Bug
This is my absolute favorite CA Pinot...Williams Selyem, especially from the Russian River Valley...not easy to find, but very good http://www.williamsselyem.com/

I also dig Pinots from OR...Bergstrom, Beaux Freres, Elk Cove, Domaine Serene, to name a few...just about any pinot out of the Willamette Valley. If you trace the latitude line that runs through Burgundy Fr, you will see that it also runs through the Willamette Valley; and in Burgundy, it is all about the Pinot Noir grape...

I lived up in the willamette valley for years. Some really good wine up there. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked

Hard to turn away a good Pinot. I'll need to pull this post next time I'm looking to pick up something new at the local BevMo, etc. :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 201548

This is where I go when I want a bottle of wine...my garage

How awesome is that! Is it fully enclosed? My dream one day is to have a wine cellar. I simply have a few wine fridges for whites and reds. Far cry from your set up. Looks like 1000 bottle capacity... Very cool[emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

Brute

Hooked
How awesome is that! Is it fully enclosed? My dream one day is to have a wine cellar. I simply have a few wine fridges for whites and reds. Far cry from your set up. Looks like 1000 bottle capacity... Very cool[emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

Its a fully enclosed wine storage unit from Vinotemp...racks are two bottles deep...there are about 1200 single bottles, and a smattering of magnums (2 bottle capacity), double mags (4 bottle) and a couple Jeroboams (6 bottle)...

I guess that makes me a wino...

Top Bottom