Wines of the Week

JAGS

Hooked
Its a fully enclosed wine storage unit from Vinotemp...racks are two bottles deep...there are about 1200 single bottles, and a smattering of magnums (2 bottle capacity), double mags (4 bottle) and a couple Jeroboams (6 bottle)...

I guess that makes me a wino...

Guess I have wine envy. Lol. Not too bad a guess with the 1000 capacity. [emoji6] I've seen those storage units. Pretty cool.

Brute

Hooked
wine.jpg

A classic pairing for lamb for Mother's Day dinner...Châteauneuf-du-Pape...a southern Rhone Valley wine

JAGS

Hooked
I seriously dig this 2013 Treana Red. It is darn near a perfect bottle. This is the 3rd or 4th bottle I've uncorked at the Casa. Not to mention a few shared and opened with friends. Cheers!! [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463802896.354877.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I seriously dig this 2013 Treana Red. It is darn near a perfect bottle. This is the 3rd or 4th bottle I've uncorked at the Casa. Not to mention a few shared and opened with friends. Cheers!! [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

Here's a beer JAGS. It's on me.

IMG_20160520_212923_703.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug

View attachment 204274

Is that the one you sent us? If so that is delicious!

I'm slumming with some Trader Joe's swill.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463803953.429897.jpg

Actually it's pretty decent for the price.

Brute

Hooked
burgundy.jpg

Having this tonight with dinner...I have a picture of my wife, our two daughters & myself standing with the woman (Madame Francoise Beaumont) who owns the vineyard this wine comes from in Burgundy, FR...drinking her wine with her...she has since retired. There are only 34 Grand Cru wines in all of Burgundy...and she was one of them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
View attachment 204388

Having this tonight with dinner...I have a picture of my wife, our two daughters & myself standing with the woman (Madame Francoise Beaumont) who owns the vineyard this wine comes from in Burgundy, FR...drinking her wine with her...she has since retired. There are only 34 Grand Cru wines in all of Burgundy...and she was one of them.

You've won the wine thread. Congratulations.

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 204388

I'm jealous of your collection.

Yup. Don't think I have the disposable funds to up my game to that level. Maybe I'll go to the bottom and start posting some Boones Farm. Lol.

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 204388

No shit. I'll save you a Coors light for when you come out here. Bring you back to reality, lol.

Brute

Hooked
I'm jealous of your collection.

Yup. Don't think I have the disposable funds to up my game to that level. Maybe I'll go to the bottom and start posting some Boones Farm. Lol.

The very best wine in the world is the one you are enjoying drinking at the moment...regardless of label. Some of the very best bottles of wine I've had were local table wine at hole in the wall bistro's with fantastic simple food...maybe only great bread and some cheese...

JAGS

Hooked
National Wine Day. Something to sip on before/while I prepare dinner. Nice Grenache Blanc. [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464220216.545670.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Man, looking through this thread...I gotta up my wine game. I feel like the village idiot when I go to the state store here in Pa (long retarded story about limited distribution and $$) and try to pick out a wine. My wife hates it so I end up having to drink the whole bottle by myself too.
Hmmm, wait...I said that like its a bad thing didn't I? ;)

JAGS

Hooked
Man, looking through this thread...I gotta up my wine game. I feel like the village idiot when I go to the state store here in Pa (long retarded story about limited distribution and $$) and try to pick out a wine. My wife hates it so I end up having to drink the whole bottle by myself too.
Hmmm, wait...I said that like its a bad thing didn't I? ;)

Any wine you like is a good wine. [emoji106] Honestly though, there are some pretty good wines now in then $10 range. Just gotta figure out what you like.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wine folks are smart. There is "drink wine day," wine day, cab day, zin fest, etc etc.

Drink wine day was in Feb/March. [emoji485][emoji485]

I have a rule that I only drink on days that end in "y" and I never waiver.

Top Bottom