Wines of the Week

sipafz

Caught the Bug
IMG_0348.jpg

When the wine club says “buy 6 bottles for $50 and get a $50 rebate”. I’m in! [emoji485][emoji485]

Andy5160

Hooked
I have eaten at Enoteca Pinchiorri...incredible food, and a more incredible wine cellar...which, if you ask, they will offer a tour of it.

Did not have to ask. Sommelier insisted To give us a tour. It is an amazing collection. 80 thousand bottle. The oldest bottle is from 1881.
I am attaching few pictures here. IMG_4660.jpg IMG_4652.jpg IMG_4668.jpg IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4669.jpg IMG_4678.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Did not have to ask. Sommelier insisted To give us a tour. It is an amazing collection. 80 thousand bottle. The oldest bottle is from 1881.
I am attaching few pictures here. View attachment 339570 View attachment 339571 View attachment 339572 View attachment 339573 View attachment 339574 View attachment 339575

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s an incredible collection...and they have the most complete verticals of my favorite wine on the planet...La Tache, including magnums & geribaums in the original wooden cases...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Ran outta beer again so giving this a shot. Pretty fruity but it’s good... plus it was free.

IMG_9990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Primo82

Caught the Bug
They used to call it “swipe”...I didn’t know why for awhile, until I realized the pineapples were “free”...

Ha! I visited Maui several years ago to visit a friend (wish I had cancelled my return flight honestly). Spent a couple nights camping on the beach cause why the fuck not. Woke up one morning to a chicken screeching. Watched as some locals rounded up what I believe were wild chickens and shove them in cages. Then they climbed the coconut trees and were throwing those down to their compatriots. Asked my friend wtf they were doing. They said they most likely eat the chickens and take the coconuts to sell at touristy spots. Better than pan handling in my opinion!

Brute

Hooked
Ha! I visited Maui several years ago to visit a friend (wish I had cancelled my return flight honestly). Spent a couple nights camping on the beach cause why the fuck not. Woke up one morning to a chicken screeching. Watched as some locals rounded up what I believe were wild chickens and shove them in cages. Then they climbed the coconut trees and were throwing those down to their compatriots. Asked my friend wtf they were doing. They said they most likely eat the chickens and take the coconuts to sell at touristy spots. Better than pan handling in my opinion!

They were not going to eat them...they are going to fight them. In the last 20 years, the feral chicken population has exploded...

Nearly forty years ago I climbed a low, angled coconut tree on Molokai for the coconuts...as I was swinging my cane knife, a giant rat leaped out onto my face...I effing screamed and leaped back, forgetting I was in a tree, and landed on my back on the beach. Good thing the sand was soft...that ended my coconut tree climbing days

sipafz

Caught the Bug
They used to call it “swipe”...I didn’t know why for awhile, until I realized the pineapples were “free”...

“Swipe” popular will GI’s during the Pacific Campaign of WWII. I didn’t know that it was made from pineapple. Learned something!

Brute

Hooked
“Swipe” popular will GI’s during the Pacific Campaign of WWII. I didn’t know that it was made from pineapple. Learned something!

I think you can make it from other tropical fruits as well, like guava...

Top Bottom