Wines of the Week

Primo82

Caught the Bug
They were not going to eat them...they are going to fight them. In the last 20 years, the feral chicken population has exploded...

Nearly forty years ago I climbed a low, angled coconut tree on Molokai for the coconuts...as I was swinging my cane knife, a giant rat leaped out onto my face...I effing screamed and leaped back, forgetting I was in a tree, and landed on my back on the beach. Good thing the sand was soft...that ended my coconut tree climbing days

Chicken fighting actually makes a lot more sense. And there is NO way I could climb a coconut tree. Hate heights.

I actually wanted to go over to Molokai. There was a 2 day backpack trip to a secluded beach that my friend mentioned. But didn't have time. We did spend 4 days hiking Haleakalā crater. Which was by far the top backpacking experience of my life. Surreal.

I'd love to live on one of the Hawaiian islands. But my background isn't marketable out there. And I couldn't work in the tourist industry, my mouth would get in the way. And cost of living is atrocious.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Tried a new wine I found at Costco. Not too bad was a little hesitant to buy it though due to the clear glass don’t see too many wine bottles clear... Adjustments.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Some really good stuff has been posted. Just caught up on the thread.

Wow, I have not posted for a long time. I’ve been crazy busy between work and life. But never too busy for wine. Here’s some sips over the last couple weeks. A little hard to clean, but decanting helps quicken the opening.

IMG_8944.jpg

0FB4E853-0889-44D8-96B3-42E486A089B6.jpg

IMG_8932.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Some really good stuff has been posted. Just caught up on the thread.

Wow, I have not posted for a long time. I’ve been crazy busy between work and life. But never too busy for wine. Here’s some sips over the last couple weeks. A little hard to clean, but decanting helps quicken the opening.

Good to see you back and jumping right in on the important threads.

JAGS

Hooked
Good to see you back and jumping right in on the important threads.

Well....it’s almost like 2012,13,14 all over again. Brand new Jeep and too fucking busy to do anything with it. So I’m sticking with what I know. Lol. [emoji485][emoji106][emoji23]

Brute

Hooked
On the lighter side for an amarone but still very tannic and full bodied . Not bad for sub $50 amarone

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Amarone wines are interesting in that they dry the grapes for a couple of months on straw mats before pressing...they come from the region of Veneto, which is the epicenter for the covid19 outbreak in Italy...depending on what happens later this year, this wine might be scarce for this years vintage...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Amarone wines are interesting in that they dry the grapes for a couple of months on straw mats before pressing...they come from the region of Veneto, which is the epicenter for the covid19 outbreak in Italy...depending on what happens later this year, this wine might be scarce for this years vintage...

My favorite varietal . When it’s too speedy a decent valpolicella will do

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Been a crazy couple weeks. Kids and school crazy and wife and I who work in healthcare crazy. But my stay at home wine solutions are doing ok over the past couple weeks.

8139F951-FF99-4071-A28E-2C7D34FB625B.jpg
IMG_9302.jpg
IMG_9163.jpg

Hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nice Barbaresco with my curbside pickup Italian. We’ve been eating out (in) more that ever to keep our favorite local places going.

IMG_0613.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom