WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Ddays

Hooked
Reminds me I need to pick up a winch cover. Got a Winter Storm Advisory just now on the news: 1-3" of snow coming! :eek:
Yes, I did say inches. embarrassing :grayno:

WJCO

Meme King
Reminds me I need to pick up a winch cover. Got a Winter Storm Advisory just now on the news: 1-3" of snow coming! :eek:
Yes, I did say inches. embarrassing :grayno:

It helps a lot. The storm not too long ago had my whole front end caked in a block of ice and road chemicals. Glad it was there for sure. I ordered mine from Quadratec for like 40 bucks.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Painted my Poison Spyder Bombshell today. Instead of painting in the spider, I opted to be lazy and just outline it with permanent marker. I love the way it turned out, but don't have hopes of it lasting too long.

DSC02774.jpg

Peak

Painted my Poison Spyder Bombshell today. Instead of painting in the spider, I opted to be lazy and just outline it with permanent marker. I love the way it turned out, but don't have hopes of it lasting too long.

View attachment 186946

Looks good outlined, I think that looks better than the actual spider painted black.

WJCO

Meme King
Slapped some rear Bilsteins on the Jeep along with some rear lower Mopar arms I got used for a killer deal. Mine had a ton more miles than these and my bushings were shot. I rattle-canned it just for kicks.

DSC02778.jpg DSC02777.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
How are you liking the new shocks on your rig?

Love em. Did the front several months ago and loved the difference. But putting on the rear tonight was even more of an improvement. Just an around town test drive and the whole vehicle felt different. I would highly recommend them. I've had the front offroad and they work well too. Good balanced shock for on road and offroad.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Love em. Did the front several months ago and loved the difference. But putting on the rear tonight was even more of an improvement. Just an around town test drive and the whole vehicle felt different. I would highly recommend them. I've had the front offroad and they work well too. Good balanced shock for on road and offroad.

I have been eyeing those and Ranchos. Have you tested them on on any washboard roads?

WJCO

Meme King
Did the 500 mile rear fluid change after the gear swap. Planning on doing the front tomorrow.. What a pain in the ass without a lift, even with jacking it up, the fuel tank is really in the way. Got the sway bar back on with the spacers I built so the sway bar would clear the new diff cover. Look how close it is even with the spacers I built. This is after I ground down some of the sway bar too. It's not hitting, I may leave it. If it starts rubbing, I will build spacers 1/4" thicker.

DSC02785.jpg DSC02786.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Did the 500 mile fluid change on the front diff and added the Poison Spyder Bombshell cover. Fits fine with no steering issues.

DSC02790.jpg DSC02791.jpg

Top Bottom