WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Exhaust is on.

IMG_20170120_144101_516.jpg

Big thanks to Matt at DynoMax for helping me pick the right muffler and hooking me up with the special clamp. Sound is exactly what I was hoping for. Nice low v8 groan without being obnoxious. The main reason for doing this was clearance though. And I definitely got that. Here's a before and after pic.

IMG_20170120_144231_695.jpg

IMG_20170120_144139_568.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
Exhaust is on.

View attachment 239762

Big thanks to Matt at DynoMax for helping me pick the right muffler and hooking me up with the special clamp. Sound is exactly what I was hoping for. Nice low v8 groan without being obnoxious. The main reason for doing this was clearance though. And I definitely got that. Here's a before and after pic.

View attachment 239763

View attachment 239764

Looks good... not smashing your exhaust is always a good goal

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
New Rock Hard 4x4 tie rod clamp installed. Had some clearance issues, and the new clamp fixed it.

IMG_20170121_120558_539.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome. Glad that solved the issue. Looks good.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Me too. Thanks.

That's a clean suspension. You've empowered me to get under my front and polish up my prorock and steering! I'll do that this afternoon or tomorrow.

Do you even wheel? Dang that's shiny

A little trick that Matt taught me. Spray a coat of clear coat on anything that you want to last. Especially shocks and painted parts. Then you can hose it off when it gets dirty. This is a pic from a couple weeks ago:

DSC04659.jpg

Me too. Thanks.

A little trick that Matt taught me. Spray a coat of clear coat on anything that you want to last. Especially shocks and painted parts. Then you can hose it off when it gets dirty. This is a pic from a couple weeks ago:

View attachment 239970

That's actually a great idea. I'll keep that in mind. Currently I try to fluid film the shit out of my CO's and suspension once every couple months or so. Stuff works great.

gheller

Yea, that does look great under there. Especially for just having to hose it off from what it was before.
Looking to get some Rancho 9000's down the road and would like to keep them looking good.
Is that just a polyurethane clear coat, like from a Krylon rattle can?

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Yea, that does look great under there. Especially for just having to hose it off from what it was before.
Looking to get some Rancho 9000's down the road and would like to keep them looking good.
Is that just a polyurethane clear coat, like from a Krylon rattle can?

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Yeah, I just went with a rattle can clear gloss.

WJCO

Meme King
Found the noise. It's the frickin tcase. I jacked up all 4 wheels and had the wife drive it while I was underneath (after cancelling my life insurance plan so she didn't do anything stupid), and sure enough, noise was replicated from the tcase. Fluid is full and 4hi and 4lo work, so I may just leave it for now. Not sure why it showed up with the new axle and driveshaft, but I'm very happy that the noise wasn't from those two.

In other news, the WJ Mountain Vista Fab rear diff skid didn't even flex when I jacked up on it, so that ensures even more confidence for me with this skid.

IMG_20170122_142230_340.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Glad you found the noise. Time for a Atlas!

Lol. No Atlas for me. Although I did look at prices. Definitely overkill and not sure if they even make one for the WJ.

Risking life and limb to find that weird noise.

Just Jeeper Things. :cheesy:

Ain't that the truth. I've had a few calls this week with the guy that rebuilt the drive shaft to try and find the noise. I called him today to let him know it wasn't his issue. Surprisingly he answered on a Sunday. He was surprised as well at the length I went to find the noise when he found out how I did it.

Top Bottom