WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
I just went out and verified 4HI, 4LO, and the locker are all working. So I'm just going to ride with it for now.

WJCO

Meme King
Another intermittent noise, but this one was easy to find. The new axle brackets are significantly larger than the OEM ones, so my new control arms that curve in for tire clearance are slightly rubbing on the right side bracket. It's hard to see in the photo, so I drew some small lines so you can see where the edge of the bracket is. Somewhere during flexing, it's hitting there. I'll plasma the bracket later today hopefully. Driver's side doesn't seem to be rubbing.

0123171049.jpg

0123171050.jpg

And here's a drawing pic showing about where the new brackets are compared to OEM.

0123171052.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
On a WJ, it is very common to lose a coil spring while flexing and disconnected. I have been meaning to install some spring retainers that have been sitting on my bench forever, so I did that today.

0123171442.jpg

0123171518.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
We need a sound clip of the new exhaust!

Here's a clip of the new exhaust. Dynomax 17218 Ultra-Flo muffler. No resonators, just the muffler. 4.7 V8 engine. For me, it worked out perfect. A nice groan without sounding obnoxious.

Top Bottom