WTB: beadlocks

GraniteCrystal

I want to say I saw evo having their buy four get one free with the kmc and slabs. But I'd give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I called yesterday actually. And yes, you can still get that offer. Either one is about $1800 out the door with shipping.

That's part of my conundrum: new Slabs for $1800 or used TrailReady for $1800? Or keep looking for some used Slabs for $1200 and save some coin

jeeeep

Hooked
I called yesterday actually. And yes, you can still get that offer. Either one is about $1800 out the door with shipping.

That's part of my conundrum: new Slabs for $1800 or used TrailReady for $1800? Or keep looking for some used Slabs for $1200 and save some coin

hmmm I've got Chamber ProII and have been eyeing the machetes :thinking:

I'm getting ready to pull them off to polish them up better, but may be better letting you do it lol

Tx to Co not so far :thinking:

GraniteCrystal

hmmm I've got Chamber ProII and have been eyeing the machetes :thinking:

I'm getting ready to pull them off to polish them up better, but may be better letting you do it lol

Tx to Co not so far :thinking:
What's the backspacing on them? With the 13.5" width tires I got, it's looking like I need a lower bs on wheels to avoid massive rubbing since I'm on stock axles.

I think they are the as well. Eddie's advice to me was to go with 3.5" bs if having a 13.5" wide tire on stock axles. Not sure how bad rubbing would be on 4" bs though, or maybe a couple washers to limit turn radius would take care of it.

Yea I'm sure you could make it work. I'm going full width axles soon and was going to get slabs. Slabs are 3.5". Then dwiggles pointed out to me that my jeep would be wide as a mother F if I went with 13.5" tires at some point. So I'm settled with the chamber 2s now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
What's the backspacing on them? With the 13.5" width tires I got, it's looking like I need a lower bs on wheels to avoid massive rubbing since I'm on stock axles.

I think they are 3.5" BS, i'll take a measurement - just looked them up - looks like a 4" BS

GraniteCrystal

I think they are 3.5" BS, i'll take a measurement
That'd be great. Give some thought and let me know. If serious, throw up some pics. Maybe I can drive to Dallas, sell the other guy on here my stock wheels and tires and buy yours, mount them, and drive back. It's a long shot but maybe doable since I have a client in Dallas and could expense it as a work trip (I'm self-employed).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

As mentioned chamber pros are 4" of backspacing. I stayed with a 12.5 width tire because of that along with other things.

jeeeep

Hooked
Here are pics of the wheels as you can see some of the bolts look rusted and it's on each wheel.

Stain is from water that stays in the wheel, some are worse than others because I've been sample polishing the wheels to figure out how I'm going to polish them out if go that route.

They turned that way after a weekend run at Palo Duro Canyon back in Sept 2016, I haven't had any issues with them loose or leaking.

Honestly haven't given a lot of though into how much or if I'm really ready to sell.

But wanted to let you see how they look and what you might be up against. you'll definitely want to get replacement bolts/inserts and allow enough time to install them if you plan try and do a swap during a trip.

Took me a full weekend to get all 5 mounted and that's when new.

They are 4" BS

20170202_140700.jpg

20170202_140655.jpg

20170202_140647.jpg

20170202_140639.jpg

20170202_140621.jpg

20170202_140610.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Thanks Jeeeep. Given the 4" bs and Eddie's advice to stick with 3.5" bs, I'm going to keep looking.

Options still left at this point are Slabs or TrailReady bead locks.
Also interested if Granite passes

Sent from my iPhone in a galaxy far far away.
I'm passing so all yours to pursue. Hope it works out.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks Jeeeep. Given the 4" bs and Eddie's advice to stick with 3.5" bs, I'm going to keep looking.

Options still left at this point are Slabs or TrailReady bead locks.

I'm passing so all yours to pursue. Hope it works out.

No problem Granite, good luck on your search!

I think i'll keep them and polish them out like planned.

JKbrick

Here are pics of the wheels as you can see some of the bolts look rusted and it's on each wheel.

Stain is from water that stays in the wheel, some are worse than others because I've been sample polishing the wheels to figure out how I'm going to polish them out if go that route.

They turned that way after a weekend run at Palo Duro Canyon back in Sept 2016, I haven't had any issues with them loose or leaking.

Honestly haven't given a lot of though into how much or if I'm really ready to sell.

But wanted to let you see how they look and what you might be up against. you'll definitely want to get replacement bolts/inserts and allow enough time to install them if you plan try and do a swap during a trip.

Took me a full weekend to get all 5 mounted and that's when new.

They are 4" BS

View attachment 242076

View attachment 242077

View attachment 242078

View attachment 242079

View attachment 242080

View attachment 242081

If you had on board air I suppose you could blow the water out of there?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

You could always throw a set of spacers on and that would take care of any rubbing. I did that and I clear everything with mine (Chamber Pros). An added benefit is that the spacers I got make them hub centric if that even matters to you (I tend to be anal about some things).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You could always throw a set of spacers on and that would take care of any rubbing. I did that and I clear everything with mine (Chamber Pros). An added benefit is that the spacers I got make them hub centric if that even matters to you (I tend to be anal about some things).

Don't forget bent flanges ;)

Ddays

Hooked
Don't forget bent flanges ;)

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: I knew you were gonna comment! And that is flange, not flanges!

Yes, yes, I did bend a flange on mine. But how many other guys out there are running adapters with zero issues? I think I gotta attribute
some of the fault of bending that flange on *cough cough* the driver :rolleyes2:

GraniteCrystal

True, but that make my bs 4" - 1.5" = 2.5" which is just really low. Tires would be way out the side and the wear and tear on ball bearings would be even more exaggerated.

jeeeep

Hooked

I'm looking at getting spacers made - motorsport(?) makes quality, I had them make some aluminum hub rings and they were a perfect fit.

also get them made hub centric to the wheel so they should be a good tight fit.

I was out looking at the front suspension and realized with the new Rancho knuckles w/higher tie rod I'm getting some rubbing when turning I didn't have with the stock knuckles.

or.... get machetes lol :thinking::doh:

Top Bottom