What gears with 37's

I'm going to 37's on my 2013 jkur and I'm wondering what gears i should run I'm thinking of going to 4.88's what do you all think

mrmet1983

I love my 513s personally and wud never change them

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Holeshot

Banned
Couldn't agree more , 513s are a perfect daily driver gear set for 37s

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Well, if you only wheel 37's and not faster than 60-70mph its alright. Almost the same than my 35's and 4.88. But if you go fast on the highway its gonna be hard on gas, unless you don't mind about it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have an auto, I would definitely do 5.13. Just got a set installed in our 2012 and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. A buddy of mine just installed 4.88's and is regretting it. Here is an article I wrote regarding our experiences with 5.13's:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...vor-Regear-Your-2012-Up-JK!!&highlight=regear

Even with a manual, I personally would be more inclined to run 5.13's but, 4.88's might be a better fit for most.

Holeshot

Banned
Personnally, ill stick to 4.88 even when ill step to 37's, and only because we do have a lot of mud here and you need more wheel spin than doing crawling, otherwise i might would go 5,13 also

Rccrwlr

If you have an auto, I would definitely do 5.13. Just got a set installed in our 2012 and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. A buddy of mine just installed 4.88's and is regretting it. Here is an article I wrote regarding our experiences with 5.13's:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...vor-Regear-Your-2012-Up-JK!!&highlight=regear

Even with a manual, I personally would be more inclined to run 5.13's but, 4.88's might be a better fit for most.

I was looking for this thread. You beat me to it!

Sent via Snow Flake in California

I have an auto im running 3.73 right now with 35's and it doesnt bother me at all but if everyone says 5.13's then I guess thats what I need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have an auto im running 3.73 right now with 35's and it doesnt bother me at all but if everyone says 5.13's then I guess thats what I need

There's a difference between "doesn't bother me" and, "now that's a difference" :yup:

I got the jeep about 5 months ago and thought I had 4.10's the whole time then read something that said if not specified on window sticker you have 3.73's and dealer said I had 4.10's so they lied to me. But I will be going to 5.13's when I get the 37's in 2 weeks. Im running the rubicon the 5th and 6th with 35's then will regear and go to 37's then running the rubicon again the 19th and 20th so ill see the difference

Top Bottom