2012 3:21 with 35" chime in

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 sport with 3:21's wanting 35"s. If your running this setup please post pictures and how you feel with the setup.:confused:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Auto you will be ok with a procal. It will search for gears more often. A manual you won't be able to use 6th I would guess.

TrailBear

I'm running 3.73's on 35's on my '12 jkus it works, not sure it would be that great on 3.21's, road should be fine and mild trails.

flotto

I've been running this setup for 10k miles and have zero complaints. I won't touch my gears till I get the money to go up to 37s. I drive 25 miles each way to work.

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 339

JK-JOHN-E

I'm running the same 3.21 and my 35's are getting ready to be installed on Saturday. Gonna use Superchips flashcal. I we let you know how it works next week. Wish I had the funds to add the gears now.:standing wave:

1yellowjk

I have this setup with a manual and on the road it's fair...on the trail it sucks! Your clutch will hate you...I refuse to wheel mine anymore until i move to 4:88's.

sent from the john.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I have the exact set up and it's ok and livable but is a little underpowered when going up hill and keeping up with people going 80 haha but does good! 👍😁 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379900137.072394.jpg

Ray ⛺

2012 auto with 3.21s. Not too bad, definitely could be better but its livable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379901595819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379901595819.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 286

Beyrgut

It's tolerable if you live in relatively flat areas and don't do a lot of highway driving. Even with the procal there are times on the highway its almost unbearable in finding gears. On way too many occasions it has downshifted into 2nd when in the 70ish mph range for absolutely no reason. I didn't have the issue prior to the tires so pretty much bumped up the regear to the next major mod after first of the year. A lot of people have had good luck with their 3:21 sadly I'm not one of them as I was really wanting to hold out on a regear when I went to PR44 up front to replace the D30. I would say mount up the 35s and give it a go, it may work out great for you.

BadAndy

I know it doesn't do you much good but 3.73's and 35s aren't bad. I can break them loose on dry pavement (if I try). 3.21 would be ok on flatland but I would assume the mountains would take a toll on the tranny. I would stick with it if you plan on bigger tires later but if 35 is your max tire size then I would to switch to a better gear to suit your tire.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 sport with 3:21's wanting 35"s. If your running this setup please post pictures and how you feel with the setup.:confused:

I had 33s with 3.21s. It's (as eddie said) "livable" when tooling around NJ, but absolutely kill yourself horrible if you need to deal with ANY form of elevation. 5th becomes useless (in an auto) and you get better MPG in 4th than in 5th. Cruise becomes worthless because it downshifts every 37 seconds. It's terrible. Personally, 35s and 3.21....I'd rather piss glass, but that's just me.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I test drove a 2012, 2.5" mopar lift, 33x12.50x17's, auto with 3.21's. Very suprised and would imagine 35's would be livable.

darkscion0

I've been on 35s with 3.21s for about 6 months now. I did the AEV procal which helped with the shift points on the auto. I'm not able to break the tires loose on dry pavement but I also have had no issues what-so-ever on the trail.

blackbetty.jpg

In5ane1

Fwiw, I have 33's and 3.21 gears. Its OK...but I wouldn't want 35's until I regear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I'm running the same 3.21 and my 35's are getting ready to be installed on Saturday. Gonna use Superchips flashcal. I we let you know how it works next week. Wish I had the funds to add the gears now.:standing wave:

Keep me posted on how it turns out

Top Bottom