PDA

View Full Version : Colorado - 2013 Plan

bdmckenna
06-03-2012, 03:40 PM
The dates for this will be July 21-27 of 2013

Prime8
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I am super duper interested! I'll drive out from Illinois for this. So you can pencil me onto your list! Willing to help and do any research necessary. Good to have one person be the leader who can delegate to us what needs to be done.

Prime8
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I vote for "Post-Apocalypse Romp" and get some sweet zombie themed shirts made up for everyone, since this December is the end of the world and all... Haha. 5 days would be better for us, since we will have about a 20 hr drive just to get there, and time-off from work is limited. Maybe you should plan it for 7 days, planning on everyone to do the first 5, and then have a cut-out point where people can leave 2 days early... That way, anyone wanting 5 or 7 would be satisfied.

Zambi
06-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I feel like I will finally have a rig built up by then. Put me down as a tentative yes. I know I'm not vocal on the forums but it is a drive from Ohio lol

Prime8
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I feel like I will finally have a rig built up by then. Put me down as a tentative yes. I know I'm not vocal on the forums but it is a drive from Ohio lol

We can caravan once you get to Illinois...

Zambi
06-04-2012, 01:28 AM
We can caravan once you get to Illinois...

Sounds good my friend

Mechengineer2
06-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Since this is in the early stages and we would want someone to document this event, anyone willing to take on the photographer spot?

Happy to be the photographer and videographer if you wish.

FYI ... Eddie Oh and Mel Wade make these mega events look easy ... but they are a lot of work, planning, and stress. Hope you're up for it!

MTG
06-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Subscribed. This could be awesome!

StrizzyChris
06-04-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm in!! But damn man, rock on for taking on and planning this kind of venture!

bdmckenna
06-04-2012, 02:29 AM
How does July 21-27 of 2013 sound? These date will insure that a couple of trails that we are looking at are open. We would probably meet in Dillon, CO to start on the afternoon of the 20th. That would allow for people traveling from far away to get there and rest up before heading out. Let me here your thoughts on this.

Mechengineer2
06-04-2012, 02:36 AM
How does July 21-27 of 2013 sound? These date will insure that a couple of trails that we are looking at are open. We would probably meet in Dillon, CO to start on the afternoon of the 20th. That would allow for people traveling from far away to get there and rest up before heading out. Let me here your thoughts on this.

Wheeler Lake is REALLY pretty in late June. Usually there's still a little snow left and the waterfall into the lake is flowing. Incredible scenery.

2012 ... not so much. The mountains are so dry this year. But in past years June has been a great time for primo Colorado wheeling.

Mechengineer2
06-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Here's an old thread on Colorado via JK-forum that I started a long time ago. There are some pics of the Wheeler Lake trail taken in June on page 5.

http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-trails-tales-71/tribute-colorado-my-best-work-177448/

bdmckenna
06-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Wheeler Lake is REALLY pretty in late June. Usually there's still a little snow left and the waterfall into the lake is flowing. Incredible scenery.

2012 ... not so much. The mountains are so dry this year. But in past years June has been a great time for primo Colorado wheeling.

I'm thinking of Wheeler being the first trail. Meet in Dillon and end up in Leadville.

bdmckenna
06-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Here's an old thread on Colorado via JK-forum that I started a long time ago. There are some pics of the Wheeler Lake trail taken in June on page 5.

http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-trails-tales-71/tribute-colorado-my-best-work-177448/

Great pictures. We are doing Wheeler this August. It has been a long time since I was up there and we are looking forward to it.

Zambi
06-05-2012, 05:43 PM
End of July sounds perfect. Right after my 21st birthday!

DA RUNT
06-05-2012, 06:01 PM
We just might be able to actually make this one. Looking to move next June and it'll either be WA or CO. :clap2:

07rub
06-05-2012, 06:27 PM
we might to try to make it, lol not sure how long my drive from ottawa ontario lol but we have time to get the rig ready and book the time off

alpa
06-06-2012, 12:01 AM
We'll be in Colorado this upcoming July,August and September, so maybe we can do some pre run trails together?

rlew0083
06-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Sounds like fun. We will be in the Telluride the last week of August this summer.

LoPo
06-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Paint me interested.

Subscribed.

bdmckenna
06-06-2012, 01:57 AM
We'll be in Colorado this upcoming July,August and September, so maybe we can do some pre run trails together?

That sounds like a plan. Just let us know a little closer to the date that you are arriving.

bdmckenna
06-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Let's lock these dates in, July 21-27 of 2013. Depending on the interest, amount of people wheeling, we may have to limit the amount of vehicles. I am still doing some research on this. I don't want to get in a position that we have 100 Jeeps and it takes all day to run one trail that should only take a few hours. I will let you all know more later this week. I have some more phone calls to make.

nacho
06-06-2012, 02:55 AM
well being local, I am down. I can scout and pre-run as well. I am in the springs area and run all over and every weekend. I am down for camping anytime.

07rub
06-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Will there be any restriction/how much mods u need to run this

StrizzyChris
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Let's lock these dates in, July 21-27 of 2013. Depending on the interest, amount of people wheeling, we may have to limit the amount of vehicles. I am still doing some research on this. I don't want to get in a position that we have 100 Jeeps and it takes all day to run one trail that should only take a few hours. I will let you all know more later this week. I have some more phone calls to make.

I agree with the limit. Not too many people would want to drive from Florida, Canada, etc just to do one trail a day. I think your dates sound good, and it sounds like you have quite a few peoples interest peeked!:standing wave:

Will there be any restriction/how much mods u need to run this

I would say make the mod list requirement, especially if the plan is to hit harder trails. For one this is a big week long event so having too many underdeveloped jeeps will lag the group significantly. I.E. 35" M/T like tires minimun with lockers, winch.... Nothing too extreme to make it "only the big boys" kind of trip, but enough to keep the group moving.

07rub
06-06-2012, 02:33 PM
hopefully i can put cash aside for a bigger set of tires, i have the stock lockers and winch and rock sliders are in the near future only time will tell for the tires, cuz i really dont want to be the one holding back the group

Franck
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I will look how is business going here in QC for me, but IF it's okay we definitely would love to be part of the trip, coming down to CO from QC, Canada with our Rig. :thumb:

bdmckenna
06-07-2012, 12:22 AM
well being local, I am down. I can scout and pre-run as well. I am in the springs area and run all over and every weekend. I am down for camping anytime.

Ditto here. Maybe we can hook up one weekend and brainstorm. I'm on call this weekend so I am sitting at home upgrading my steering. We are doing Eagle Rock on the 23rd. Next weekend is open. PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

Prime8
06-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Ditto here. Maybe we can hook up one weekend and brainstorm. I'm on call this weekend so I am sitting at home upgrading my steering. We are doing Eagle Rock on the 23rd. Next weekend is open. PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

Really wish I lived closer! I need some fellow jk-ers to talk to! As space is limited to keep trails reasonable, I'd like to make sure you've added me already. Thanks!

bdmckenna
06-08-2012, 01:23 AM
I'll start a list of who has responded to wanting to participate. If possible, send me a PM that way I can keep it in a file.

Now a couple of questions.

1. What should we call this event?

2. Do we want to get shirts and hats made. If we do then I would pass the actual cost on those items.

Let me hear from you all!

mituk
06-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Tentatively I am in and I am signing in to keep in touch.

But I am sure I will be in that area before July next year.
So, if you interested in company for pre-runs please count me in.

ZERO LIMITZ
06-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Count us in!!! David, Tina and Trapper. I have got it on our calendar already...... Can't wait!!,

MTG
06-08-2012, 02:45 AM
There is no way I can plan that far out. However, I am for sure interested and assuming I do not have a conflict would make it.

I am subscribed to monitor (as if I don't read all the new posts anyway). :cheesy:

ZERO LIMITZ
06-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Im working over in Kansas for now and on the weekends would be able to make some Pre runs also to check some trails out

bdmckenna
06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I have received the PM's but with being on call this weekend I have been running 14 hours the last three days and today doesn't look any better. I will reply soon!

Prime8
06-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I have received the PM's but with being on call this weekend I have been running 14 hours the last three days and today doesn't look any better. I will reply soon!

No rush, we've got time... Haha

mcpuck
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
OK, I have been wanting to wheel Colorado for a long time. I am hoping to get there this summer but I am still not sure we are going to make it.
Go ahead and add me to the “going” list. If you want a good piece of advice, I would wrangle Mechengineer2 in to helping out. He is a local that wheels extensively and would be an asset to the planning phase. (sorry for pointing you out Eric)!

Mechengineer2
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
OK, I have been wanting to wheel Colorado for a long time. I am hoping to get there this summer but I am still not sure we are going to make it.
Go ahead and add me to the “going” list. If you want a good piece of advice, I would wrangle Mechengineer2 in to helping out. He is a local that wheels extensively and would be an asset to the planning phase. (sorry for pointing you out Eric)!

Wow! Thanks for the vote of confidence Don! :blush: Hope you get the chance to come out here and wheel a few trails with us.

Prime8
06-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I know I'm looking forward to it!

nmwranglerx
08-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Well this sounds intriguing. I love wheeling in CO. It's hard for me to plan out that far in advance so I'm gonna say tentative right now. Sounds like a blast and it would be right before I have to return to work.

bdmckenna
08-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Just an update. I have several sponsors that are interested in helping out with some of the costs. M y wife was injured at work and my plate has been full since then trying to get her straightened out. I will be posting a lot more details in a couple of weeks. The limit will be 20 people (including us) to keep everything along. I do have several surprise guests that will be joining us at this time. More later.

StrizzyChris
08-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Well this sounds intriguing. I love wheeling in CO. It's hard for me to plan out that far in advance so I'm gonna say tentative right now. Sounds like a blast and it would be right before I have to return to work.

Hard for me to plan that far ahead of time as well, BUT I'm in! Looking forward to the update on what to expect by way of plans and final costs to expect. Only a major life event will prevent me from being there!

MTG
08-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Can't remember if I replied. Interested. Depends on dates and how my calendar looks for next year.

mackey
08-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Count me in. I bought my Jeep in Colorado and drove it home to California. It was an awesome drive. Would love to go back.

PlenaBarba
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm going to subscribe to this. I am hopefully going to be regeared and rolling 35's by this time and I typically make a trip out west the week before. Why not push it back a week and meet up with some like minded folks!:yup:

Iron_Cross2
09-07-2012, 01:46 AM
I am in. If you still have slots. would also be willing to help out any way that I can since we are both kinda local. I would definately put mt. blanca on the board for trails to run if we go down south. great camping at lake como. I would be in for the 23rd eagle rock trip. just ran it last week and is always fun. Black Bear is fun as well. Red Cone would be a great scenic trail for cruiser tops of mountains just like imogene pass. I can help with the scouting as well.

nmwranglerx
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
any updates?

jelliott076
09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I am definitely in for this! I'm on 35's now, but should be on 37's at the start of the trip.:rock:

jelliott076
09-12-2012, 07:11 PM

These dates are great! The weather will be perfect from SoCal to Dillon. I don't know that I would want the responsiblity of filming for the whole event, but I will definitely shoot some video from my POS little camera! This sounds like a great trip!!

jelliott076
09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Hard for me to plan that far ahead of time as well, BUT I'm in! Looking forward to the update on what to expect by way of plans and final costs to expect. Only a major life event will prevent me from being there!

If you are rolling out from Dana Point, let me know if you are good to convoy out there. My son and I will be heading up the I-15 from San Diego.

JAGS
09-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Hi All. My first post in forum. If the funds are there for the mods pre-trip, I'd be down for this. My jkur is still a stocker (only had for 2.5 months) but I'm trying save coin to change that. Read through the thread and looks like a great run. I've subscribed to the thread.

bdmckenna
09-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey all, I haven't disappeared. My wife got injured at work (her back) and is scheduled to have surgery on the 24th. My hands have been full to say the least. Once we get past the surgery and she recovers some I will post a more detailed update and list the people who are planning to attend. I will say that one hotel has agreed to sponsor us for one night so we have one nights lodging set for 20 Jeeps (2 people per Jeep). More later this month on updates and trails.

Brian

Prime8
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey all, I haven't disappeared. My wife got injured at work (her back) and is scheduled to have surgery on the 24th. My hands have been full to say the least. Once we get past the surgery and she recovers some I will post a more detailed update and list the people who are planning to attend. I will say that one hotel has agreed to sponsor us for one night so we have one nights lodging set for 20 Jeeps (2 people per Jeep). More later this month on updates and trails.

Brian

Awesome about the hotel. Bummer about your wife. Good luck to her and hope everything turns out ok after the surgery. If you need any help with trip planning and schmoozing for sponsorships, let me know! I will talk to Mitch at Trek Armor and see if he wants to do anything for it.

CALIJK
09-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife.

Before I commit to going, can you give me some idea of what types of trails you plan to run? I don't mind scenic trails, but I might get a little bored if that is all we plan to do. Is there any plan to do any of the more hardcore CO trails? Thanks, and take your time replying.

Prime8
09-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife.

Before I commit to going, can you give me some idea of what types of trails you plan to run? I don't mind scenic trails, but I might get a little bored if that is all we plan to do. Is there any plan to do any of the more hardcore CO trails? Thanks, and take your time replying.

The original plan was to run mostly hardcore trails and try to recreate last years JKX, I believe.

CALIJK
09-14-2012, 09:42 PM
The original plan was to run mostly hardcore trails and try to recreate last years JKX, I believe.

If that's still the plan, then I'm definitely in. I vote for Carnage Canyon. :eek:

Iron_Cross2
09-19-2012, 12:30 AM
bdmckenna, I wrote you about a possible sponsor that is interested. they are just needing info on what you are looking for them to sponsor and about joining.

Prime8
09-19-2012, 01:55 AM
bdmckenna, I wrote you about a possible sponsor that is interested. they are just needing info on what you are looking for them to sponsor and about joining.

Sweet! Good job! Who is it? Say EVO! Say EVO!

Iron_Cross2
09-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Not EVO. Sorry. It is another great company out there though. I don't know if they want me to put it out there yet since it is still in the works, but I will say I have some of their products on my JK. But right now I have about 8 different brands on my JK so it isn't really limiting it down. I will post up who it is once we get some info worked out.

kessler172
09-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Well how many Jeeps are signed up so far, I want in, Im Friends with Iron Cross, ( Jeremy ) And minus a few parts mine is more then capable of doing all these trails and will be done here soon.

Prime8
09-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Well how many Jeeps are signed up so far, I want in, Im Friends with Iron Cross, ( Jeremy ) And minus a few parts mine is more then capable of doing all these trails and will be done here soon.

A lot of people are interested. When it comes to actually writing checks, it will slim down a bit. All I know is that bdmckenna has first dibs, and I've got second dibs! Gotta go in order of response on this thread if there are more people than can go. Don't want 100 jeeps or it will take all day to do a mile-long trail... Haha.

kessler172
09-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Well im down for this trip no matter what, Im here in Colorado and will help with what ever needs to be done, Just let me know.

Prime8
09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Well im down for this trip no matter what, Im here in Colorado and will help with what ever needs to be done, Just let me know.

Good to know. I know we wanted some locals to handle some preparatory things that we can't, due to distance.

Iron_Cross2
09-20-2012, 05:39 PM
well, there are a few of us locals that are lookin to help. I got a sponsor lined up but really needing more information to get it rolling.

Prime8
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
well, there are a few of us locals that are lookin to help. I got a sponsor lined up but really needing more information to get it rolling.

Yeah I hear ya. Unfortunately, our fearless leader is having some hardships currently. Hopefully his wife will be feeling better soon and he will get to chime in. I know he has done some work on the plans already, so I'd rather wait to see what he has and what he's envisioning before we start making different plans. He was gracious enough to take the lead so I don't want to step on his toes.

Prime8
09-20-2012, 05:52 PM
In the meantime, everyone can schedule having their rigs ready in time! I'm thinking our vehicle requirements should be at least as strict as the JKX, since we will be running the same trails. If someone could post those requirements (they are on the JKX website) that would be helpful. I'm on mobile...

LoPo
09-20-2012, 07:03 PM
In the meantime, everyone can schedule having their rigs ready in time! I'm thinking our vehicle requirements should be at least as strict as the JKX, since we will be running the same trails. If someone could post those requirements (they are on the JKX website) that would be helpful. I'm on mobile...

Vehicle Requirements
Lockers, Front and Rear
Sport Cage
37″ Minimum Tire Size for 4 Door
35″ Minimum Tire Size for 2 Door
Must be self sufficient with tools and spare parts
Must carry 2 Fire Extinguishers, First Aid Kit and Spill Kit
Working CB Radio
Winch
Working E-brake

Prime8
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Thank you LoPo.

ZERO LIMITZ
09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Well I was interested early on and would still love to join but the 37" min just got me. I just put a new set of 35" on and won't be going larger before this. So who ever is next in line will be pleased. I'll catch the next one......bummed!!!!!

PlenaBarba
09-22-2012, 05:53 PM
I've been silently trolling this thread since I found it. I'd love to join this group, but a sport cage just put my out of the deal. Since I typically make a trip to this area yearly anyway, would there be any interest in a second group meeting up to run some trails that aren't quiet as hard, but still a lot of fun and give the rocky mountain experience?

Shoot, we might even be able to still meet up or at least cross paths for one of the trails. I know black bear pass would certainly be something that nearly any jeep could do. Might be fun to have a really big group for one of the trails that we will just be driving and not worrying about too many obstacles.

Just a thought. :twocents:

Prime8
09-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I've been silently trolling this thread since I found it. I'd love to join this group, but a sport cage just put my out of the deal. Since I typically make a trip to this area yearly anyway, would there be any interest in a second group meeting up to run some trails that aren't quiet as hard, but still a lot of fun and give the rocky mountain experience?

Shoot, we might even be able to still meet up or at least cross paths for one of the trails. I know black bear pass would certainly be something that nearly any jeep could do. Might be fun to have a really big group for one of the trails that we will just be driving and not worrying about too many obstacles.

Sport cages are like $600... That's less than a front driveshaft! Haha.

JAGS
09-22-2012, 08:07 PM

I might get back in. I'm currently stock, hoping to be somewhat modded by this trip, but my DD can't also meet JKX requirements. If there's others interested, this would be cool.

MTG
09-22-2012, 08:20 PM
My DD mets the JKX requirements. ;)

GetOut
09-22-2012, 08:39 PM
It is hard for me to plan this far as well, we have to bid on vacation time and it goes by senority but I would know more by Thanksgiving. As for requierments, I hit them all but the sport cage, most likely I am gunning for that once we get this wedding thing done. Hoping to get myself one for Christmas.

JAGS
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM
My DD mets the JKX requirements. ;)

Yes it does and I'm jealous! Hopefully I'll get there someday. Must walk before I run. Also need to get wife's blessing for the mods....and the coin for the mods. Lol. First goal is EVO enforcer lift and some nitto trail graps.

MTG
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes it does and I'm jealous! Hopefully I'll get there someday. Must walk before I run. Also need to get wife's blessing for the mods....and the coin for the mods. Lol. First goal is EVO enforcer lift and some nitto trail graps.

Just messing because you wrote so definitively "my DD CAN'T also meet the requirements"

I hope you get there soon, but don't piss off the wife along the way. Happy wife equals happy life! LOL!

PlenaBarba
09-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Happy wife equals happy life! LOL!

One of the reasons that I won't be getting a sport cage. I've currently getting my front axle trussed, gusseted, and skid plated, lockers and gears. Then with a winch and bumpers, I don't think another $600 is going to be in the budget.

Prime8
09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
One of the reasons that I won't be getting a sport cage. I've currently getting my front axle trussed, gusseted, and skid plated, lockers and gears. Then with a winch and bumpers, I don't think another $600 is going to be in the budget.

You've got almost a year to go! But those are all good, functional mods.

JAGS
09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Just messing because you wrote so definitively "my DD CAN'T also meet the requirements"

I hope you get there soon, but don't piss off the wife along the way. Happy wife equals happy life! LOL!

Spoken like a man who knows??? Lol. The wife is loving the jeep and the easy/moderate runs so far. My kids dig it too.

Just bought my rig a couple months ago so my money went towards down payment. Mods are endless, but I'm trying to get there.

StrizzyChris
09-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Every time I see someone post, I keep getting more and more excited! I'm sure we are getting close to our 20 rig Max. I know of a couple people who might be interested. They don't want to ask off work though unless there is a spot for them. Can we get a "for sure going" list. I said it a while back, but I am for sure in!

MTG
09-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I think a 10 month out "for sure" list might be a little premature and likely to change.

StrizzyChris
09-23-2012, 12:22 AM
I think a 10 month out "for sure" list might be a little premature and likely to change.

Ur the second person to tell me that I was a little premature today. But hey, if its a race, I'll always get there first :thumb:

OK....let me rephrase that....a guaranteed spot with tentatively confirmed participants that will require said participants to say "for sure" at a closer date list? (May need to work on that title)

MTG
09-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Ur the second person to tell me that I was a little premature today.

FYI--your wife or girlfriend telling you this is not a compliment. :cheesy:

Prime8
09-23-2012, 04:41 AM

Agreed. And everyone needs to just hang tight for McKenna to resurface. Plus, if people keep adding sponsors, they will want a rig spot making the list of 20 from the forum shrink down. Hopefully it will be more than the 5 that get to go on the JKX though, Haha.

Everyone just needs to cool their jets. In the meantime, make sure all of your rigs will be ready by the proposed date. I'm as anxious about it as anyone, but since McKenna took the lead role, we just have to give him some time.

KenB1010
09-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Susan and I are in for this trip. Sounds like a great time.

StrizzyChris
09-28-2012, 04:43 AM
FYI--your wife or girlfriend telling you this is not a compliment. :cheesy:

Well crap! So your telling me that I look like a fool when I put my gold medal around my neck and throw my fists to the sky in the glory pose?! :blush:

supra_launch21v
10-14-2012, 11:10 PM
My wife and I are in. I am new to the forum, but would love to go!

I would be happy to help in anyway.

RockIt Man
10-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Count my wife and I in. That is if you are not full already!

BEE'S TWIN
11-14-2012, 11:00 PM
I should have my rig done by than. So put me down.

Lerod
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Please add me to the list, if it is not to late to get in. I live in Lochbuie Colorado.

Metalmasher
11-20-2012, 05:23 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=40.367286,-109.818651&zoom=14&markers=40.367286,-109.818651&size=400x300&sensor=true

Metalmasher
11-20-2012, 05:24 AM
That's in my back yard! I want to go! I have all the required gear!

bdmckenna
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Good morning folks. Sorry that I haven't responded with updates. My wife is doing well at this point. The last two months have been a little busy. Anyway I do have a tentative itinerary planned and it does cover some of the same areas as JK Experience 2011 did. I am adding a few favorites of mine such as Wheeler Lakes. I have elected not to run Carnage Canyon simply due to the amount of breakage the people experience. The goal here is to run some good challenging trails and everyone comes back down to run the next trail. Don't get me wrong here, you will be challenged.

I will get the details and the list of people attending posted in the next week or two, probably the first week of December. Until then, have a great Turkey day!

StrizzyChris
11-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the update, and good to hear that the wife is doing well. Looking forward to planning for this trip with everyone!

ZERO LIMITZ
11-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Glad to hear your wife is doing good!!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

supra_launch21v
11-23-2012, 12:01 AM
I would really really like to go own this. My jk is getting the teraflex 6" lcg lift this weekend. Everything else is covered.

Wayne and Theresa

MTG
11-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Good morning folks. Sorry that I haven't responded with updates. My wife is doing well at this point. The last two months have been a little busy. Anyway I do have a tentative itinerary planned and it does cover some of the same areas as JK Experience 2011 did. I am adding a few favorites of mine such as Wheeler Lakes. I have elected not to run Carnage Canyon simply due to the amount of breakage the people experience. The goal here is to run some good challenging trails and everyone comes back down to run the next trail. Don't get me wrong here, you will be challenged.

I will get the details and the list of people attending posted in the next week or two, probably the first week of December. Until then, have a great Turkey day!

Glad to hear the wife is doing well! :clap2:

I am so hoping I can make it out to Colorado and wheel sometime soon! :thumb:

uhporkchop
11-23-2012, 05:37 AM
New guy here....and just stumbled across this thread. We would like to join the CO adventure if there is still room. Both of our vehicles meet the the requirements, however the JKUR should be rollin EVO coils and 37s by the new year which would be our vehicle of choice.

blazer
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
For sure will be in Silverton 7/17-7/23. May extend stay to do more wheeling. Would be
interested in the second group doing less tough trails. Will be following this thread.
Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces I see have posted.

Tattedfire
12-02-2012, 01:57 AM
I'm interested!! My rig meets requirements! Be coming from Cincinnati, Ohio

Prime8
12-03-2012, 01:55 AM

Cincinnati huh? I think we are full up... Haha! Go Steelers!

jonlipin
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm interested in going, My rig fits the bill! Would be coming out from San Diego, CA.

StrizzyChris
12-04-2012, 08:41 AM

I see that ur name says fire....and ur from Cincy?!

Anywhere near west Chester or Middletown? I worked in the ER at atrium an WC for three years! Curious if we crossed paths!

BEE'S TWIN
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
DO you know what day and what city we will be meeting up in. I am about 8 hours from you.

BEE'S TWIN
12-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm interested in going, My rig fits the bill! Would be coming out from San Diego, CA.

If you go we can meet up in Grand Junction.

jonlipin
12-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah, we could definitely make that happen, assuming there is still room on the list.

JKBANDIT55
12-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Dont have a winch... Looks like im out.:doh:

Tattedfire
12-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I see that ur name says fire....and ur from Cincy?!

Anywhere near west Chester or Middletown? I worked in the ER at atrium an WC for three years! Curious if we crossed paths!

Yes, I have transported to WC hospital quite a few times!

Tattedfire
12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Cincinnati huh? I think we are full up... Haha! Go Steelers!

Haha well played my friend!! Well played!

BEE'S TWIN
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah, we could definitely make that happen, assuming there is still room on the list.

Hopefully there is. I have never gone 4 wheeling outside of Utah and Moab so, be an experience.

bdmckenna
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Before the weekend is out I will update the list of who is going that I have received PM's from. We are suppose to get snow here starting Saturday night through Sunday. If it happens then I will be at work coordination the snow crews. Barring that I will have it updated before Sunday night along with a partial list of trails.

bdmckenna
12-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Just posted an update. All 20 slots are taken but not confirmed yet. So the list will be fluid until the end of the month. I have several names on standby if someone drops out.

I just finished working 39 hours in the last 48. I am going to take a nap. Talk to you all later with more information.

JKjohnson
12-12-2012, 10:03 PM
First time posting, so forgive any upcoming ignorance. Why the limit on the number of RIGs?

StrizzyChris
12-12-2012, 11:58 PM
First time posting, so forgive any upcoming ignorance. Why the limit on the number of RIGs?

If too many rigs are in the group, then the group moves too slowly and cant do more than a couple obstacles in a day.

RockIt Man
12-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Sweet, just saw my name on the list... barely!

Anybody else gonna be commuting from TX or will be traveling the through TX?

RockIt Man
12-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Any chance Wayolife joining us??:brows:

supra_launch21v
12-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I will be coming from Iowa, anyone interested in meeting up for the drive West? I am really looking forward to this trip.

Prime8
12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
I will be coming from Iowa, anyone interested in meeting up for the drive West? I am really looking forward to this trip.

I will be coming from Illinois.

StrizzyChris
12-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Definitely stoked to meet and wheel with the people behind the names that I've chatted with on here! :rock:

bdmckenna
12-15-2012, 07:34 AM
There will be more updates and notations of confirmation for those who have PM me. Some trails will be listed too. Look for this Sunday afternoon.

LoPo
12-15-2012, 04:29 PM
[B][SIZE=5]The Dates: July 21-27 of 2013

The dates for this will be July 21-27 of 2013

Hi, is the plan to be wheeling on the 21st and 27th? Just wondering as I'm looking at a calendar and time off for work.

Big-T
12-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Hi guys, hope this isn't to late, we just got our vacations approved at work and I was able to get the week off in July for the planned CO trip. Didn't want to sign up before I knew we could attend for sure, as too cause sign up/reservation prob's. Realizing the list is full but understand you have a waiting list, if there is any more spots left we would love to be a possible addition to the WoL CO. run. If so mark my wife and I down, we can make this trip for sure. Our new rig is 90% rdy and will be 110% by Easter Jeep Safari in Moab,UT. The CO. Run will a perfect summer outing for us and we would love to attend, meet everyone and make new friends.

As far as outings go, haven't seen a post for Moab EJS 2013 yet, but if anyone is going, let us know as we will be attending and it would be great to meet up with the WoL crew and do some wheeling.

Big-T & LarBear, New Mexico :honey:

jelliott076
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
There will be more updates and notations of confirmation for those who have PM me. Some trails will be listed too. Look for this Sunday afternoon.

Just confirmed and sent you that PM. My kid and I will be coming in from San Diego probably through Nevada & Utah.

RockIt Man
12-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Any updates??

bdmckenna
12-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Look for updates and schedules Sunday evening. I've been working some very long hours the last week and if it snows Christmas Eve then I will have another 36 hour shift.

RockIt Man
12-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Look for updates and schedules Sunday evening. I've been working some very long hours the last week and if it snows Christmas Eve then I will have another 36 hour shift.

Right on thanks :thumb:

Hope you guys have a good xmas

BEE'S TWIN
12-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Is there any spot left for this trip?

bdmckenna
12-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Right now it is full. However, not everyone has confirmed.

Footnote: I just finished working 48 hours straight with the last snow event we had here. There is snow in the forecast again for Monday night which will be another 36 hour day. I will get updates posted as soon as I have time. I am off to work again to get the snow schedules ready if they are needed for Monday night.

StrizzyChris
12-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Confirmation and contact info sent(sorry if its a duplicate. I couldn't remember if I PM'd u with it already.)
:beer::rock::wings:

BEE'S TWIN
12-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Right now it is full. However, not everyone has confirmed.

Footnote: I just finished working 48 hours straight with the last snow event we had here. There is snow in the forecast again for Monday night which will be another 36 hour day. I will get updates posted as soon as I have time. I am off to work again to get the snow schedules ready if they are needed for Monday night.

Got ya well hopefully we can come

bdmckenna
12-30-2012, 05:58 PM
OK folks. Trying to make some headway here this morning. We have snow in the forecast so my next 72 hours is shot. I have updated the list of people going to reflect who has contacted me to confirm that they can make it. Those of you that are on the list that have not PM'd me you need to do so by the 3rd. On the evening of the 3rd those I have not heard from will be dropped from the list and it will be a alternates will be on a first come first serve basis. We're less then 7 months out and this will be one heck of a time. I should have a majority of the details worked out once I have the confirmation of who's going. If you haven't sent me a message, do so now.

KenB1010
01-06-2013, 02:15 AM
PM sent.

Thanks for doing the setup for this trip.

bdmckenna
01-06-2013, 05:23 AM
6 spots just opened up due to lack of responses. Anyone else needs to confirm by 1/10/13. We will be meeting in Dillion, CO to start. First trail will be Wheeler Lakes and we will be camping the first night. More to come....

bdmckenna
01-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Working on a FaceBook page for this also.

https://www.facebook.com/events/536927622991691/?context=create

Hock Edition
01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
i will be back in july from overseas if i can make it i would like to go.

Hock Edition
01-10-2013, 08:49 PM
If I cant make it or am too late to RSVP I will be in Colorado late july or early april visiting my parents while on leave so anyone from Co i would love to go wheeling when I come up there. Just let me know.

mrshockedition
01-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I hope me and my husband can make it too this! Dang army pulling us two different ways!

jtrubicon47
01-15-2013, 05:21 AM
I'd love to go! Colorado native, still live here. Any room left?

jtrubicon47
01-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Just joined this way of life forum. Pretty cool thread to be apart of and see all the conversations and jeep talk. Let me know if room.

bdmckenna
01-16-2013, 02:12 AM
I'd love to go! Colorado native, still live here. Any room left?

Yes, there are a couple of spots left open.

Look for more updates this Sunday afternoon.

munstie
01-16-2013, 10:47 AM
If all goes as planned should be able to make requirements for this trip,not sure if your full but if I could be put on an alternate list it would be appreciated. I would be coming from Illinois.

Hellfire
01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
How many days will this trip last? 7 days? I'm coming from california and considering this event.

Prime8
01-16-2013, 11:38 AM
I'll be coming from Peoria! We can caravan...

Sent from my ADR6350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie
01-16-2013, 11:57 AM
I'll be coming from Peoria! We can caravan...

Sent from my ADR6350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

As long as I meet requirements shouldn't be an issue to go. Your about 2.5 to 3 hrs south of me.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

jelliott076
01-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Brian, I have to unconfirm and give up my slot. I'm going to have a work conflict that I can't miss. Sorry, I was really looking forward to this one.

jtrubicon47
01-22-2013, 04:32 AM
So if there is still room, what does it take to join this ride? Does it cost? What's the trip details? How many mor slots you have open?

Prime8
01-22-2013, 04:34 AM
So if there is still room, what does it take to join this ride? Does it cost? What's the trip details? How many mor slots you have open?

Read the OP. and make checks payable to CASH. I'll pm you my address...

jtrubicon47
01-23-2013, 04:18 AM
Still very interested. How many slots are open left. I have another jeep friend interested.

Notajerryskid
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I may be able to go now. IF their is still time to add my name to the list. :standing wave:

Prime8
01-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I may be able to go now. IF their is still time to add my name to the list. :standing wave:

Sweet!!!!!

alpa
01-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Any spot still open? We would like to join in! We'll be coming from Florida!

jtrubicon47
01-31-2013, 03:25 AM
Any more trip details? #spots open?

bdmckenna
02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Greeting all. This is without a doubt the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. Because of personal circumstances I am not going to be able to coordinate this trip as planned. Since we are all family here, I lost my wife two weeks ago after 26 years. The kids are grown and went out on their own and I just moved into a small apartment from our home. I'm simply not in the right frame of mind right now to pull all of this together. I'm sorry to everyone who had confirmed that they wanted to go. Maybe next year I can pull it together. Thank you for your understanding.

MTG
02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Greeting all. This is without a doubt the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. Because of personal circumstances I am not going to be able to coordinate this trip as planned. Since we are all family here, I lost my wife two weeks ago after 26 years. The kids are grown and went out on their own and I just moved into a small apartment from our home. I'm simply not in the right frame of mind right now to pull all of this together. I'm sorry to everyone who had confirmed that they wanted to go. Maybe next year I can pull it together. Thank you for your understanding.

Oh man! So sorry to hear this. Don't worry about the trip. Let me, and I'm sure everyone else that will post up, know if there is anything we can do to help.

onetanjk
02-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your lost. Your family is in my prayers today. Hope to make it out next year.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Atch
02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Man, this is some terrible news! It'll be hard but with a strong support system you'll be able to keep going.

snopro
02-02-2013, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear your loss as well. I've been following your thread and a while back I PM'd somebody about meeting up your group with my group out there for a huge meet and greet. If you ride continues as planned I'd like to contact your coordinator and talk about some trails out there and also make sure our groups don't bottle neck each other up.
Again my deepest condolences for your loss!!

StrizzyChris
02-02-2013, 06:17 AM
This trip should be the last thing on your mind! Don't worry about any of us. Focus on your family and yourself right now! My thoughts and condolences are with you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKsix
02-03-2013, 05:48 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your lose brother. My family and I will pray for you and your family. If you need anything from a fellow Coloradan do not hesitate to ask me.

jelliott076
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Brian my brother, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your wife. I mean this when I say, if there is ANYTHING you need don't hesitate to call.

Take Care and don't feel weak when you have to reach out to your friends for strength and support. We're all here for you.

Josh, Melissa and Chance Elliott

619-917-5789

bdmckenna
02-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Thank you all for your kind words of support.

catahoula
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I could not imagine what you are going through.

snopro
02-18-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm wondering who's heading up this event now!

StrizzyChris
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm wondering who's heading up this event now!

It has been canceled for the time being. Not sure if anyone, in private, still planned on doing this.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

snopro
02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
It has been canceled for the time being. Not sure if anyone, in private, still planned on doing this.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Ok well if its worth to anyone wanting to go I've been following your guts thread and on the JK forum I do have a group of people headed out the same time as your group is
We are by no means as equipped as your group was Jeep wise but if anyone wants to join us we will be arriving in the Dillion area Saturday July 20th and doing various trails Sunday through Wednesday , Thursday July 25th we are all headed north to my annual Deadwood SD Run Friday through Sunday
Just PM me!!!

supra_launch21v
03-18-2013, 01:36 AM
I have been talking with another guy on the forum and we are keeping this trip alive. If anyone is still interested in this trip, please reach out to me. We are going to have only 10 Jeeps instead of 20. My wife has agreed to make the arrangements for hotels, etc. Right now we have 4 Jeeps committed to this trip. It will be fairly informal, yet with 10 Jeeps there will have to be some organization. If interested let's talk. I am thinking 100% commitments will be needed by the 1st of May.

In the mean time, we can do a conference call bridge so we can put together opinions on trails and passes, and the level of trails to max out on.

If interested, give me a PM.

Wayne

BEE'S TWIN
03-18-2013, 01:42 AM
I have been talking with another guy on the forum and we are keeping this trip alive. If anyone is still interested in this trip, please reach out to me. We are going to have only 10 Jeeps instead of 20. My wife has agreed to make the arrangements for hotels, etc. Right now we have 4 Jeeps committed to this trip. It will be fairly informal, yet with 10 Jeeps there will have to be some organization. If interested let's talk. I am thinking 100% commitments will be needed by the 1st of May.

In the mean time, we can do a conference call bridge so we can put together opinions on trails and passes, and the level of trails to max out on.

If interested, give me a PM.

Wayne

What are the requirements for our rig for this event.. ???

snopro
03-18-2013, 02:39 AM
I have 8 confirmed for the same weekend if we want to combine the groups together. Only thing is we have one guy in our group that has open diffs but 37's. The rest are all Rubicon's and minimum 35's so Im not sure whats your requirements.
Our basecamp is in Breckenridge we rented a large 6 bedroom cabin and a few jeeps are camping it at the tiger run RV area.

supra_launch21v
03-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Here is what I would recommend for this trip:

I would recommend minimum 35" tires and a functional spare.
You will need to be able to air up and down your tires rapidly. I would highly consider a CO2 tank and tire de-flators. I will give you my two cents on CO2 at the bottom of this post.
Lockers - I would want them, it is not completely necessary to have them. You will have issues at times.
A CB radio and a FRS radio.
Skid Plates underneath, highly recommended.
Rock Sliders
Winch (not completely necessary with all the other Jeeps that will have them)
LED lighting (optional for a night run). I would like to do at least one night run. Completely optional.
Tools to do work.
A COPY OF THE CHARLES WELLS BOOK FOR COLORADO TRAILS (SOUTH). This will not cover all of the trails we are going on, however, it will give everyone the ability to reference 90% of the trails we would be doing. It also allows you to download waypoints to your gps of the trails we will be going on. If you aren't technical it is no big deal, I can show you how to download the waypoints easily to a gps.
A CREDIT CARD. These trips aren't cheap.

This trip is going to be fun. Bring a camera and maybe a GoPro, the scenery is crazy cool.

Tools: We will need to plan prior to the trip regarding tools and how we can optimize the fact that we have lots of Jeepers (let's not all bring the same stuff!).
Probably most important is a Jeep that can handle off-road and on-road travel. We will do a lot of trails, yet will be travelling on hard roads A LOT. I am thinking starting near Eagle, working our way SW down to Telluride, over to Gunnison, Salida, BV, and to Jefferson. It will be a lot miles on the road and a lot of trail riding. No trails harder than a 9 out of 10. The most challenging trails would be Poughkeepsie, Chinaman Gulch, Black Bear, and Iron Chest. No one gets left behind, no one rolls their Jeep.
Please reference traildamage.com for ratings.

This is all up in the air regarding the destinations. I am just throwing this all out there.

I would recommend buying a CO2 tank from Airgas. They are steel, not like the fancy aluminum PowerTank. The Airgas tanks are returnable for EXCHANGE. I will make arrangements to have enough tanks to be able to swap all the tanks from the trip team. I have both CO2 and twin air compressors with a 2.5 gallon tank. I am running 37" tires and need a CO2 exchange after about 4 days. This is optional, however, air compressors take 45 minutes to fillup vs. CO2 at about 15 minutes. With 10 Jeeps airing up at the same time, gas station air isn't an option! I like airing down to 14psi and filling up to around 30psi at the end of the day.

More to follow. Please PM me if interested.

snopro
03-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Thinking maybe our two groups could do a meet and greet one evening at least if you guys are going to be near Breckenridge at all!!!

supra_launch21v
03-19-2013, 02:00 AM
You bet. It would be a great time. Let's stay in touch!

snopro
03-19-2013, 02:48 AM
You bet. It would be a great time. Let's stay in touch!

I just talked to my buddy Matt he says he knows you. Got some tires or something from you recently

supra_launch21v
03-19-2013, 02:49 AM
Yep. He is the marine.

supra_launch21v
03-19-2013, 02:50 AM
Crazy small world. Is he part of your trip?

JK1
03-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Yep. He is the marine.

Iowa National Guard..... :beer:....i need to swing by one of these days and check out the progress on that jeep :thumb:

snopro
03-19-2013, 03:05 AM
Yep. He is the marine.

Sometimes I think he is one!!! Just kidding

snopro
03-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Crazy small world. Is he part of your trip?

Yeah he is he will be out there

supra_launch21v
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Too small of a world

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

snopro
04-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Any thing new planned

supra_launch21v
05-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Anyone wanting to go. PM me for details. July 21st is the week of the trip.

Stickmann7
05-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Whereabouts will you guys be going I'll be living in Silverthorne as of June 15th, give or take a day, will you be anywhere in the vicinity??

supra_launch21v
05-04-2013, 03:34 AM
Whereabouts will you guys be going I'll be living in Silverthorne as of June 15th, give or take a day, will you be anywhere in the vicinity??

We will definitely be in the Silverthorne area for a couple days. Red Cone, Webster, Radical Hill, North Fork trails. Probably staying overnite in Silverthorne. 3rd week of July.

supra_launch21v
05-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Any thing new planned

Still planning on the trip. Should be fun.

snopro
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Still planning on the trip. Should be fun.

You should PM me your contact info so maybe we can do a meet and greet out there

Stickmann7
05-04-2013, 10:42 PM
We will definitely be in the Silverthorne area for a couple days. Red Cone, Webster, Radical Hill, North Fork trails. Probably staying overnite in Silverthorne. 3rd week of July.
I heard the trip was full, but I'll be on the lookout!! Been watching the videos and really enjoy what the Project JK does... I live by the words of Thomas Alva Edison, "If you never grow up, you never grow old"!!!

supra_launch21v
05-07-2013, 02:40 AM
The trip is going on as planned, well kinda. We have 4 of 10 spots filled. The trip is going to cover a lot of miles off-road and on-road. We are going to hit Telluride, Montrose, Gunnison, Leadville, BV/Salida, and the Silverthorne areas. The Jeeps need to be reliable as we will not be dragging the trailers with us daily. If you are interested in going, let me know by sending me a PM. My wife will handle the hotel arrangements, and meals will be "on the fly". This will be a great time.

Here is what I would recommend for this trip:
I would recommend minimum 35" tires and a functional spare.
You will need to be able to air up and down your tires rapidly. I would highly consider a CO2 tank and tire de-flators.
Lockers - I would want them, it is not completely necessary to have them. You will have issues at times.
A CB radio and a FRS radio.
Skid Plates underneath, highly recommended.
Rock Sliders
Winch
LED lighting (optional for a night run). I would like to do at least one night run. Completely optional.
Tools to do work.
A COPY OF THE CHARLES WELLS BOOK FOR COLORADO TRAILS (SOUTH). This will not only cover all of the trails we are going on, it will give everyone the ability to reference 90% of the trails we would be doing. It also allows you to download waypoints to your gps of the trails we will be going on.

This trip is going to be fun. Bring a camera and maybe a GoPro, the scenery is crazy cool.

Tools: We will need to plan prior to the trip regarding tools and how we can optimize the fact that we have lots of Jeepers (let's not all bring the same stuff!).
Probably most important is a Jeep that can handle off-road and on-road travel. We will do a lot of trails, yet will be travelling on hard roads A LOT. I am thinking starting near Eagle, working our way SW down to Telluride, over to Gunnison, Salida, BV, and to Jefferson. It will be a lot miles on the road and a lot of trail riding. No trails harder than a 9 out of 10. The most challenging trails would be Poughkeepsie, Chinaman Gulch, Black Bear, and Iron Chest. No one gets left behind, no one rolls their Jeep.

Please reference traildamage.com for ratings.

I would recommend buying a CO2 tank from Airgas. They are steel, not like the fancy aluminum PowerTank. The Airgas tanks are returnable for EXCHANGE. I will make arrangements to have enough tanks to be able to swap all the tanks from the trip team. With 10 Jeeps airing up at the same time, gas station air isn't an option! I like airing down to 12 psi and filling up to around 30psi at the end of the day.

More to follow. Please PM me if interested.

supra_launch21v
05-07-2013, 02:41 AM
You should PM me your contact info so maybe we can do a meet and greet out there

PM Sent - That would be great to meet up!

BEE'S TWIN
05-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Love to go man but I don't have my 35's yet

supra_launch21v
05-07-2013, 12:55 PM
What are you running? It won't be a problem.

BEE'S TWIN
05-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Still running 33's and open diffs.. But have everything else required.. What amount do you think would be legit for this kinda trip. I mostly just stay in Utah and go to Moab a lot.. Wanting to get out an try other trails but not sure how much this could cost.. If you know what I mean

supra_launch21v
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
You will be fine. I saw stock jeeps doing our trails. You are welcome to go, for sure.

BEE'S TWIN
05-07-2013, 01:37 PM
You will be fine. I saw stock jeeps doing our trails. You are welcome to go, for sure.

I would like to go.. What do we need to do for hotels and things.. Sounds like the wife is getting that arranged... Just hotels every night or tents? I will see how much I can get together for this trip..

supra_launch21v
05-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Probably hotels. But we can certainly talk about camping.

munstie
05-14-2013, 03:04 AM
How many rigs do you have right now.

SPIELUHR
05-14-2013, 03:41 AM
So im pretty much stock so I dont think ill be going this time :( but I do think it would be cool to meet up with everyone for a meet and greet or lunch or something. Let me know

supra_launch21v
05-14-2013, 02:42 PM
We have 4-5 right now. 33's probably the minimum. It is up to the person though. Really there is only two or three trails that may present a problem. Those days we can plan an alternate route for you.

Rock Sliders - (must have)
CO2 tank - must have (air compressors are too damn slow)
CB Radio - must have
Fire Extinguisher - must have
GPS - would be good, not necessary.

PM me if interested. I will give you a link to the Facebook page that is setup for the event.

Wayne

supra_launch21v
05-14-2013, 02:47 PM
We will be doing the hotel locations over the weekend. That will give you an idea of where we will be. Maybe you can time it to meet up and do some of the less aggressive traills/passes. It would be good to meet up.

So im pretty much stock so I dont think ill be going this time :( but I do think it would be cool to meet up with everyone for a meet and greet or lunch or something. Let me know

snopro
05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
We have 4-5 right now. 33's probably the minimum. It is up to the person though. Really there is only two or three trails that may present a problem. Those days we can plan an alternate route for you.

CB Radio - must have

PM me if interested. I will give you a link to the Facebook page that is setup for the event.

Wayne

Was wondering how fast of a air up is needed if you want people to have CO2
Is there a few areas to fill a tank if needed?!

supra_launch21v
05-14-2013, 02:52 PM
PM me if you are interested in going. I will send you a link to the Facebook Event that we have setup for this. Lots of details are in there.

We have a couple going from Peoria, IL by the way.

Wayne

snopro
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
PM me if you are interested in going. I will send you a link to the Facebook Event that we have setup for this. Lots of details are in there.

We have a couple going from Peoria, IL by the way.

Wayne

I was just wondering about co2
I myself love my PowerPlant and air up my 39's at about 12 minutes and our group usually everyone is done within 20 minute and back on the road. I have a few guys on my group going that use CO 2 and were asking in possible refill locations in the Breckenridge area

supra_launch21v
05-14-2013, 03:15 PM
We are going to be covering a LOT of territory. Basically from Telluride to Idaho Springs over the week. It is not uncommon to air up twice a day. We will be driving about 1000 miles on hard road throughout the week. What I recommend doing is buying a PowerTank fixed regulator (cheaper and less to go wrong), PowerTank Safety Handle, Powertank two or three strap bracket, a locking air chuck, AND invest in an AIRGAS CO2 exchange tank. Buy the bottle for $120.00, then you exchange them at any Airgas Supply for $20.00. They are all over the place in Colorado. I can air up 4 tires in about 16 minutes (easily). You just can't do that with compressors, you are looking at 40 minutes. I have a twin compressor and tank in the Jeep as well for backup. With 35" tires you can pretty much make it the whole week. With 37" tires, not so much. You need to exchange. I am actually going to go from a 10 pound tank to a 15 pound tank. With the 15 pound tank and the twin Viair compressors and 3 gallon tank, I can probably make the whole week. CO2 is really the only way to go for this type of trip. I welded up a bracket to vertically mount the tank in the Jeep. It mounts to the underside lip of the tub (where the hardtop sits) and it bolted to the floor. It is really solid. I also have a safety lanyard attached to the roll-bar. You don't want that tank flying around in an accident. I have a hose with a cheap regulator on it to control pressure should I want to use air tools. Anyone who wants to buy a used Smittybilt CO2 tank system, I have one. It broke after 3 uses. All the gauges and crap on the fancy regulators just aren't necessary, IMO. Pressure stays up on CO2 tanks until it is almost out. Anyway just lift the tank up to feel how much is in the tank.

Was wondering how fast of a air up is needed if you want people to have CO2
Is there a few areas to fill a tank if needed?!

supra_launch21v
05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
The only place to have CO2 tanks refilled (with your own tank and not doing an exchange) is Denver and Colorado Springs. However, there is a welding and fab shop in the Silverthorne area that does exchanges. $15.00

I was just wondering about co2
I myself love my PowerPlant and air up my 39's at about 12 minutes and our group usually everyone is done within 20 minute and back on the road. I have a few guys on my group going that use CO 2 and were asking in possible refill locations in the Breckenridge area

rdubb1031
05-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I"m coming in late to this and need to read it all, but keeping in the loop.

snopro
05-15-2013, 11:44 AM
The only place to have CO2 tanks refilled (with your own tank and not doing an exchange) is Denver and Colorado Springs. However, there is a welding and fab shop in the Silverthorne area that does exchanges. $15.00

Good to know on the tank exchanges and such. Yeah my GF has timed me with a stopwatch with my PowerPlant and airing my 39's from 6 psi to 28 psi is right at 4 mins 15 secs per tire non stop. But she could be fibbing to me to make me feel better!!! I thought the PowerPlant even outputs more than twin systems.

supra_launch21v
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Not sure about the fill rates of the PowerPlant. My 37's can go from 12psi to 30psi in 2 minutes with CO2. 37's take about 4 or 5 with the twin 450's and a charged up 3 gallon tank. I bought the Viair solution after the CO2 to supplement the CO2. I am going to move to a 15 pound CO2 tank this time (exchangeable). CO2 with the fixed regulator (Powertank) works really well. No freezing up even in the hot summer.

Let's talk next week about your schedule in CO. It would be great to meet up.

Good to know on the tank exchanges and such. Yeah my GF has timed me with a stopwatch with my PowerPlant and airing my 39's from 6 psi to 28 psi is right at 4 mins 15 secs per tire non stop. But she could be fibbing to me to make me feel better!!! I thought the PowerPlant even outputs more than twin systems.

snopro
05-18-2013, 03:56 AM
Not sure about the fill rates of the PowerPlant. My 37's can go from 12psi to 30psi in 2 minutes with CO2. 37's take about 4 or 5 with the twin 450's and a charged up 3 gallon tank. I bought the Viair solution after the CO2 to supplement the CO2. I am going to move to a 15 pound CO2 tank this time (exchangeable). CO2 with the fixed regulator (Powertank) works really well. No freezing up even in the hot summer.

Let's talk next week about your schedule in CO. It would be great to meet up.

For sure sounds good have a good weekend and talk to you next week

RockIt Man
05-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Thread hijack ^_^

You guys still going? Y'all have all the when/where/who figured out?

I'm planning on being in Colorado in July with the family. I'm scared to commit to a group ur as we will have our then 8 month old, and I foresee that slowing us down at times.

But if we're there at the same time, in the same areas, I'd love to meetup with some WAL folks!

Asgard
05-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Coming into this late, but pretty excited to see it as I'm planning a 6,000+ road trip this summer from KY to CA back to KY and planned to spend a couple of days in CO on the return trip hitting some trails. Just so happens my trip is July 15-31 so we (myself and a friend from the UK who I'm showing the sights) might be able to get to CO in time join in if that'd be okay.

Subscribed

supra_launch21v
05-19-2013, 04:50 AM
I sure remember the little kid thing. We should have our schedule figured out this week. I will be posting it soon.

Thread hijack ^_^

You guys still going? Y'all have all the when/where/who figured out?

I'm planning on being in Colorado in July with the family. I'm scared to commit to a group ur as we will have our then 8 month old, and I foresee that slowing us down at times.

But if we're there at the same time, in the same areas, I'd love to meetup with some WAL folks!

supra_launch21v
05-19-2013, 04:51 AM
Sounds good to me. Keep tuned for the agenda coming up.

Coming into this late, but pretty excited to see it as I'm planning a 6,000+ road trip this summer from KY to CA back to KY and planned to spend a couple of days in CO on the return trip hitting some trails. Just so happens my trip if July 15-31 so we (myself and a friend from the UK who I'm showing the sights) might be able to get to CO in time join in if that'd be okay.

Subscribed

Asgard
05-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Sounds good to me. Keep tuned for the agenda coming up.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it!

PackersJeep
05-19-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm also coming late to this thread but will do my best to be there to join in on the fun! :rock:

supra_launch21v
05-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Please PM me if you are interested in going. We will be booking hotels this week. If you are interested, please read through the pages here and let me know you are going. My wife will be reserving hotels this week. We will most likely start in the area of "Vail, CO". We will be looking for the towns with the best rates for rooms.

Wayne

Asgard
05-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Please PM me if you are interested in going. We will be booking hotels this week. If you are interested, please read through the pages here and let me know you are going. My wife will be reserving hotels this week. We will most likely start in the area of "Vail, CO". We will be looking for the towns with the best rates for rooms.

Wayne

You inbox is full! Haha

snopro
06-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Hopefully you guys will see this Jeep in Colorado Saturday night and maybe during the day on Sunday!! 3483134832

supra_launch21v
06-13-2013, 03:17 AM
36 days till CO Rocks.

Redrubi1
06-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Hope to see you snopro

snopro
06-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Hope to see you snopro

Yeah the countdown is getting closer and closer for you guys and my crew as well!!

snopro
06-24-2013, 04:43 PM
36 days till CO Rocks.

I have full faith that you have every trail map needed but I'm prepared to borrow this one to you if you need it36611

supra_launch21v
06-24-2013, 04:45 PM
That's funny. Got those waypoints plugged into the GPS. Ready to go!

snopro
07-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Anyone from your group looking to purchase a rugged ridge complete high mount and low mount in still in box
$419.00 new I'm selling $319.00 and gladly bring it out with me

supra_launch21v
07-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Okay will pass it along

snopro
07-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Okay will pass it along

Also if there's anyone in your group that has green pearl Jeep looking for half doors and uppers I bought the Besttop Element doors that has tube style with painted match outers, interior bags and uppers. About $1200 at the time vested in them and will let them go for half price. I only have a two door though!!!

ziggy
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Acme Fire will refill your power tanks with CO2 for about 15 bucks. They are located in the Springs..1419 S Wahsatch Ave Colorado Springs, CO 80905 (719) 473-2259)..

ziggy
07-11-2013, 08:55 AM

CB Radio - must have

Wayne

33s will be an issue on Chinamans and will do ALOT of rubbing on Iron Chest. Iron chest doesn't have any bypasses and the road is super narrow. If there is ANY snow torward the top the shelf road will be a little hairy. I ran it last year in late July and there was still snow up there. There are spots that if you meet another jeep there will be ALOT of backdown or up to do. Chinamans has a few bypasses, but not many.

supra_launch21v
07-12-2013, 04:00 AM
We will be in Silverthorne Colorado on the 20th, ready to start the day of trails. We will be meeting up for dinner at Fatty's in Breckenridge, CO.

If anyone is interested in joining, please send me a request and I can link you to our schedule of events. :rock::rock::rock:

snopro
07-12-2013, 09:36 PM
We will be in Silverthorne Colorado on the 20th, ready to start the day of trails. We will be meeting up for dinner at Fatty's in Breckenridge, CO.

If anyone is interested in joining, please send me a request and I can link you to our schedule of events. :rock::rock::rock:

Can you post your group list for a head count for meet and greet

Flatlanders List
BubbaJk
OhSeven
SteelGrave
JK-1
Area 51
07JKDakotaED

KenB1010
07-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I just saw the post where a CO2 tank is required equipment. Unfortunately, I just have a compressor, it takes me 10 minutes to fill the tires. I hope the groups OK With it.

I don't post this to start a CO Vs. Compressor war, just letting everyone know that we don't carry a tank.

snopro
07-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Just got the confirmation on our Breckenridge Cabin next week
http://http://mobile.vrbo.com/132089

supra_launch21v
07-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Anyone wanting to meet up, let us know. It starts this weekend in Montezuma, CO.
We will be down near Buena Vista
Crested Buette
Telluride/Silverton
Leadville

Let me know if interested.

snopro
07-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Had a great time running chinaman gulch with you

supra_launch21v
07-30-2013, 08:53 PM
What a great time! Let's do it again!

snopro
09-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Love to plan another trip with you guys, even if it's just my Deadwood run I do every year, maybe you guys could join us next year

supra_launch21v
10-16-2013, 03:32 PM
We had a great time! Will definitely be doing it again next year.

supra_launch21v
10-16-2013, 03:32 PM
I have no jeep now, should by then.

KenB1010
10-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Are you going to be ready for EJS?

supra_launch21v
10-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Sure, I got my wheels and tires today. What more do you need? Maybe a Jeep, new suspension, axles, transfer case, fenders, bumpers, electrical, rollbar, electronics, tire carriers, and lighting. That stuff just bolts up.

supra_launch21v
10-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Ken, if I have a wrenching party and promise beef brisket, can I count you in?

KenB1010
10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
LOL, Oh ya, I'm all in. Give me a weeks notice and I'll freight out the tool box. ironically, I've got a brisket in the slow cooker as I type👊😎👊

supra_launch21v
11-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Smoking a couple briskets tonight! Hope yours turned out nice!

snopro
11-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Smoking a couple briskets tonight! Hope yours turned out nice!

Sounds good!!'

supra_launch21v
06-02-2014, 01:31 PM
If anyone is interested in a Colorado trip we are going in July for 7 days. We are starting at Grand Junction, then traveling to Montrose, Telluride, Aspen, and finishing up in Salida.

If you have a vehicle with lockers and 35"+ you can go most everywhere we go.

Trails will include:
Holy Cross
Wheeler
Black Bear
Imogene
Independence Trail System
Chinaman/Carnage

We stay in hotels.

Redrubi1
06-05-2015, 11:34 PM
The trails aren't all picked out yet but we are heading to Colorado again this summer if anyone wants to join in.