Colorado - 2013 Plan

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Let's lock these dates in, July 21-27 of 2013. Depending on the interest, amount of people wheeling, we may have to limit the amount of vehicles. I am still doing some research on this. I don't want to get in a position that we have 100 Jeeps and it takes all day to run one trail that should only take a few hours. I will let you all know more later this week. I have some more phone calls to make.

nacho

well being local, I am down. I can scout and pre-run as well. I am in the springs area and run all over and every weekend. I am down for camping anytime.

StrizzyChris

Let's lock these dates in, July 21-27 of 2013. Depending on the interest, amount of people wheeling, we may have to limit the amount of vehicles. I am still doing some research on this. I don't want to get in a position that we have 100 Jeeps and it takes all day to run one trail that should only take a few hours. I will let you all know more later this week. I have some more phone calls to make.

I agree with the limit. Not too many people would want to drive from Florida, Canada, etc just to do one trail a day. I think your dates sound good, and it sounds like you have quite a few peoples interest peeked!:standing wave:

Will there be any restriction/how much mods u need to run this

I would say make the mod list requirement, especially if the plan is to hit harder trails. For one this is a big week long event so having too many underdeveloped jeeps will lag the group significantly. I.E. 35" M/T like tires minimun with lockers, winch.... Nothing too extreme to make it "only the big boys" kind of trip, but enough to keep the group moving.

07rub

hopefully i can put cash aside for a bigger set of tires, i have the stock lockers and winch and rock sliders are in the near future only time will tell for the tires, cuz i really dont want to be the one holding back the group

Franck

I will look how is business going here in QC for me, but IF it's okay we definitely would love to be part of the trip, coming down to CO from QC, Canada with our Rig. :thumb:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
well being local, I am down. I can scout and pre-run as well. I am in the springs area and run all over and every weekend. I am down for camping anytime.

Ditto here. Maybe we can hook up one weekend and brainstorm. I'm on call this weekend so I am sitting at home upgrading my steering. We are doing Eagle Rock on the 23rd. Next weekend is open. PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

Prime8

bdmckenna said:
Ditto here. Maybe we can hook up one weekend and brainstorm. I'm on call this weekend so I am sitting at home upgrading my steering. We are doing Eagle Rock on the 23rd. Next weekend is open. PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

Really wish I lived closer! I need some fellow jk-ers to talk to! As space is limited to keep trails reasonable, I'd like to make sure you've added me already. Thanks!

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I'll start a list of who has responded to wanting to participate. If possible, send me a PM that way I can keep it in a file.

Now a couple of questions.

1. What should we call this event?

2. Do we want to get shirts and hats made. If we do then I would pass the actual cost on those items.

Let me hear from you all!

mituk

Tentatively I am in and I am signing in to keep in touch.

But I am sure I will be in that area before July next year.
So, if you interested in company for pre-runs please count me in.

MTG

Caught the Bug
There is no way I can plan that far out. However, I am for sure interested and assuming I do not have a conflict would make it.

I am subscribed to monitor (as if I don't read all the new posts anyway). :cheesy:

ZERO LIMITZ

Im working over in Kansas for now and on the weekends would be able to make some Pre runs also to check some trails out

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Just wanted to let everyone know I have received the PM's but with being on call this weekend I have been running 14 hours the last three days and today doesn't look any better. I will reply soon!

Prime8

bdmckenna said:
Just wanted to let everyone know I have received the PM's but with being on call this weekend I have been running 14 hours the last three days and today doesn't look any better. I will reply soon!

No rush, we've got time... Haha

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
OK, I have been wanting to wheel Colorado for a long time. I am hoping to get there this summer but I am still not sure we are going to make it.
Go ahead and add me to the “going” list. If you want a good piece of advice, I would wrangle Mechengineer2 in to helping out. He is a local that wheels extensively and would be an asset to the planning phase. (sorry for pointing you out Eric)!

Mechengineer2

OK, I have been wanting to wheel Colorado for a long time. I am hoping to get there this summer but I am still not sure we are going to make it.
Go ahead and add me to the “going” list. If you want a good piece of advice, I would wrangle Mechengineer2 in to helping out. He is a local that wheels extensively and would be an asset to the planning phase. (sorry for pointing you out Eric)!

Wow! Thanks for the vote of confidence Don! :blush: Hope you get the chance to come out here and wheel a few trails with us.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Well this sounds intriguing. I love wheeling in CO. It's hard for me to plan out that far in advance so I'm gonna say tentative right now. Sounds like a blast and it would be right before I have to return to work.

Top Bottom