Colorado - 2013 Plan

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Just an update. I have several sponsors that are interested in helping out with some of the costs. M y wife was injured at work and my plate has been full since then trying to get her straightened out. I will be posting a lot more details in a couple of weeks. The limit will be 20 people (including us) to keep everything along. I do have several surprise guests that will be joining us at this time. More later.

StrizzyChris

Well this sounds intriguing. I love wheeling in CO. It's hard for me to plan out that far in advance so I'm gonna say tentative right now. Sounds like a blast and it would be right before I have to return to work.

Hard for me to plan that far ahead of time as well, BUT I'm in! Looking forward to the update on what to expect by way of plans and final costs to expect. Only a major life event will prevent me from being there!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Can't remember if I replied. Interested. Depends on dates and how my calendar looks for next year.

mackey

Count me in. I bought my Jeep in Colorado and drove it home to California. It was an awesome drive. Would love to go back.

PlenaBarba

I'm going to subscribe to this. I am hopefully going to be regeared and rolling 35's by this time and I typically make a trip out west the week before. Why not push it back a week and meet up with some like minded folks!:yup:

Iron_Cross2

I am in. If you still have slots. would also be willing to help out any way that I can since we are both kinda local. I would definately put mt. blanca on the board for trails to run if we go down south. great camping at lake como. I would be in for the 23rd eagle rock trip. just ran it last week and is always fun. Black Bear is fun as well. Red Cone would be a great scenic trail for cruiser tops of mountains just like imogene pass. I can help with the scouting as well.

jelliott076

How does July 21-27 of 2013 sound? These date will insure that a couple of trails that we are looking at are open. We would probably meet in Dillon, CO to start on the afternoon of the 20th. That would allow for people traveling from far away to get there and rest up before heading out. Let me here your thoughts on this.

These dates are great! The weather will be perfect from SoCal to Dillon. I don't know that I would want the responsiblity of filming for the whole event, but I will definitely shoot some video from my POS little camera! This sounds like a great trip!!

jelliott076

Hard for me to plan that far ahead of time as well, BUT I'm in! Looking forward to the update on what to expect by way of plans and final costs to expect. Only a major life event will prevent me from being there!

If you are rolling out from Dana Point, let me know if you are good to convoy out there. My son and I will be heading up the I-15 from San Diego.

JAGS

Hooked
Hi All. My first post in forum. If the funds are there for the mods pre-trip, I'd be down for this. My jkur is still a stocker (only had for 2.5 months) but I'm trying save coin to change that. Read through the thread and looks like a great run. I've subscribed to the thread.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Hey all, I haven't disappeared. My wife got injured at work (her back) and is scheduled to have surgery on the 24th. My hands have been full to say the least. Once we get past the surgery and she recovers some I will post a more detailed update and list the people who are planning to attend. I will say that one hotel has agreed to sponsor us for one night so we have one nights lodging set for 20 Jeeps (2 people per Jeep). More later this month on updates and trails.

Brian

Prime8

bdmckenna said:
Hey all, I haven't disappeared. My wife got injured at work (her back) and is scheduled to have surgery on the 24th. My hands have been full to say the least. Once we get past the surgery and she recovers some I will post a more detailed update and list the people who are planning to attend. I will say that one hotel has agreed to sponsor us for one night so we have one nights lodging set for 20 Jeeps (2 people per Jeep). More later this month on updates and trails.

Brian

Awesome about the hotel. Bummer about your wife. Good luck to her and hope everything turns out ok after the surgery. If you need any help with trip planning and schmoozing for sponsorships, let me know! I will talk to Mitch at Trek Armor and see if he wants to do anything for it.

Sorry to hear about your wife.

Before I commit to going, can you give me some idea of what types of trails you plan to run? I don't mind scenic trails, but I might get a little bored if that is all we plan to do. Is there any plan to do any of the more hardcore CO trails? Thanks, and take your time replying.

Prime8

CALIJK said:
Sorry to hear about your wife.

Before I commit to going, can you give me some idea of what types of trails you plan to run? I don't mind scenic trails, but I might get a little bored if that is all we plan to do. Is there any plan to do any of the more hardcore CO trails? Thanks, and take your time replying.

The original plan was to run mostly hardcore trails and try to recreate last years JKX, I believe.

Iron_Cross2

bdmckenna, I wrote you about a possible sponsor that is interested. they are just needing info on what you are looking for them to sponsor and about joining.

Prime8

Iron_Cross2 said:
bdmckenna, I wrote you about a possible sponsor that is interested. they are just needing info on what you are looking for them to sponsor and about joining.

Sweet! Good job! Who is it? Say EVO! Say EVO!

Iron_Cross2

Not EVO. Sorry. It is another great company out there though. I don't know if they want me to put it out there yet since it is still in the works, but I will say I have some of their products on my JK. But right now I have about 8 different brands on my JK so it isn't really limiting it down. I will post up who it is once we get some info worked out.

kessler172

Well how many Jeeps are signed up so far, I want in, Im Friends with Iron Cross, ( Jeremy ) And minus a few parts mine is more then capable of doing all these trails and will be done here soon.

Top Bottom