Ace (bolt-on) sliders

JKU EXTREME

I have a JKU and I want some rock sliders, but I am not up for any weld on sliders e.g. evo's :(
But I am looking at Ace's bolt on sliders, I love the price and the look, my question is who has them, do you like them, why and if you sold them why.
Please and Thankyou
-John

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of guys running these and most will swear by them. They are a great value and they will get the job done but, if you play hard enough, they will deflect and put a dent in your rocker panels. Some will run them in conjunction to Rubicon rails to prevent this but, that seems to be a waste of money or, at least to me anyway. I hope that helps.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw your PM and responded to it. The rockers you saw in that 2010 video were LoD bolt on sliders. One of the best I have run bar none.

JKU EXTREME

Some will run them in conjunction to Rubicon rails to prevent this but, that seems to be a waste of money or, at least to me anyway.

I've seen some photos of that, it looks...alright but ya I think it would be a complete waste of money to in them with the Rubi bars unless I got them for dirt cheap, which wouldn't happen, but ya thanks for the info.

Thanks for the pm, I will do some digging on those as well
Thanks again

jkmadness

I have a JKU and I want some rock sliders, but I am not up for any weld on sliders e.g. evo's :(
But I am looking at Ace's bolt on sliders, I love the price and the look, my question is who has them, do you like them, why and if you sold them why.
Please and Thankyou
-John

I have them no problems here, then again like Eddie said if you're gonna be bumping and sliding rocks every other day the bolt on my not be your best choice

JKU EXTREME

I have them no problems here, then again like Eddie said if you're gonna be bumping and sliding rocks every other day the bolt on my not be your best choice

Ya sadly I wouldn't be bumping rocks every other day, I am just looking for some extra protection for the curbs I hop (haha)

texasdave

I run the ACE sliders and Rubi rails. Rubi rails clean up the seam that sticks out like a sore thumb and add the extra protection. The ACE sliders bolt to the body bolts underneath. I got mine used and the also work great as a step for my kiddo and wife.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i would agree with Eddie that the LOD are prob a better bet if you are strictly looking for bolt on sliders

RamP

I have them also. Can't beat the price, very easy to install, and seem to be robust so far. They work great as a step for the kids and will prevent anyone hitting your door panel in a parking lot.
I have landed on them while wheeling and they did they're job. They do offer a lifetime warranty against trail breakage but that would not cover your rocker panel or rubicon rails if they fail.
4E475A04-B635-4A91-AF65-EFD1A9262AA3-1079-0000010A128B40D3_zpsca6a4343.jpg

suicideking

I had these in combination with the Rubi rails and absolutely HATED them. As a result of where they mount (below the rubi rails) they lessen your ground clearance compared to most other rails.

I was constantly getting hung up on them and my spotter would always be yelling 'on your rail'.

That said, if you are doing light wheeling, sand dunes, fire roads, etc, they will be just fine. They do make a great step and will take abuse. Just for moderate to heavy rock crawling, they absolutely SUCK.

Here's a video of me when I had the Ace rails doing some rock crawling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAf9Oo3I7fU

I got rid of them for the Evo weld on. I couldn't believe how much easier rock crawling is when I wasn't getting hung up on the Ace rails.

Additionally, they do come powder coated, but if you use them, the powder coating comes off really easily. I was constantly touching them up with Rustoleum. I have to touch up the Evo a lot, but even the Evo powder coating (which isn't that good) is much better than the Ace.

If you must have bolt on, I'd also suggest the LOD. They were my second choice.

Last edited:

texasdave

I had these in combination with the Rubi rails and absolutely HATED them. As a result of where they mount (below the rubi rails) they lessen your ground clearance compared to most other rails.

I was constantly getting hung up on them and my spotter would always be yelling 'on your rail'.

That said, if you are doing light wheeling, sand dunes, fire roads, etc, they will be just fine. They do make a great step and will take abuse. Just for moderate to heavy rock crawling, they absolutely SUCK.

Here's a video of me when I had the Ace rails doing some rock crawling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAf9Oo3I7fU

I got rid of them for the Evo weld on. I couldn't believe how much easier rock crawling is when I wasn't getting hung up on the Ace rails.

Additionally, they do come powder coated, but if you use them, the powder coating comes off really easily. I was constantly touching them up with Rustoleum. I have to touch up the Evo a lot, but even the Evo powder coating (which isn't that good) is much better than the Ace.

If you must have bolt on, I'd also suggest the LOD. They were my second choice.

Just curious, where were the hanging up at?? Do you have a 2-door or 4-door???

I have them and have beat the crap out of them and never had a problem. I do run them with the stock rubi rails also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

Just curious, where were the hanging up at?? Do you have a 2-door or 4-door???

For the most part, I learned to use them and just rail slide on most stuff. The problem with them is they have terrible ground clearance. Stuff that I would do a full rail slide from the front of the rail all the way to the end, I now don't even touch the rail most of the time. Or maybe tap it, etc.

Like I said, they're fine for easy to moderate stuff. It's just when you get into the harder black diamond trails that they start to become a problem. I would often get hung up on a rock and it would end up spinning me left or right.

Top Bottom