Dumb Lift kit question.

Jeepmed

I have the 2.5" Terraflex spacer lift. I see several JK's in the area with 3" suspension lifts. My question is. Why do the suspension lifts look alot higher? More then the 1/2 inch.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the 2.5" Terraflex spacer lift. I see several JK's in the area with 3" suspension lifts. My question is. Why do the suspension lifts look alot higher? More then the 1/2 inch.

Because a spacer kit will give you exactly as much lift as they are tall. MOST spring lifts will give you MORE lift than what is advertised.

Jeepmed

Because a spacer kit will give you exactly as much lift as they are tall. MOST spring lifts will give you MORE lift than what is advertised.
Thanks Eddie. Wish I had known that earlier. So do I have to change driveshafts with a 3" suspension lift on my 2 door?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie. Wish I had known that earlier. So do I have to change driveshafts with a 3" suspension lift on my 2 door?

Being that you have a 2013, you would need to change your front shaft with what you have now IF you run longer shocks. At 3", you definitely need to address your front shaft and, being that you have a 2-door, your rear shaft sooner than later as it will fail prematurely. You do need to know that with the rear shaft, you will NEED to get adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. Of course, I would just address this when you need to address it.

Jeepmed

Ok the kit I'm looking at has adjustable arms. Now I'll look into drive shafts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom