Whats your WORST mod?

dglangan

What was the worst mod you've ever done to your Jeep?

What was something that you thought would be awesome, but it just didn't work out? Or maybe it did work out, but you don't really use it or it wasn't worth the money.

I think for me it's my Cobra CB radio. I mean, I love the thing, but I rarely ever use it. Want to put the jeep in the garage? Better take the antenna off. Drive through the car wash? Take the antenna off. Parking structure? Take the antenna off. Want to actually use it? Out of tune. Tuned it up and want to see if it works? No one has their ears on.

I like it, but it just hasn't been the experience I was hoping for.

So what was your worst, or maybe least appreciated mod?

Last edited:

Jkjamesdawson

Mine was probably my evap canister relocation. It wasn't a mod so much as a repair after ripping it off while on the trail but its never been quite right. Check engine light goes on and off intermittently because I never got the system air tight again:doh:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What was the worst mod you've ever don to your Jeep?

What was something that you thought would be awesome, but it just didn't work out? Or maybe it did work out, but you don't really use it or it wasn't worth the money.

I think for me it's my Cobra CB radio. I mean, I love the thing, but I rarely ever use it. Want to put the jeep in the garage? Better take the antenna off. Drive through the car wash? Take the antenna off. Parking structure? Take the antenna off. Want to actually use it? Out of tune. Tuned it up and want to see if it works? No one has their ears on.

I like it, but it just hasn't been the experience I was hoping for.

So what was your worst, or maybe least appreciated mod?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393038038.994462.jpg

CB antenna quick disconnect. Solve every problem above for you. Except for hat other people do. It's what I use.

09blackruby

Probably spending money on drop brackets instead of lower adjustable control arms. They did the trick, jeep handles great just could have done it with lower adjustables.

dahreno

Banned
Mine is what I didn't do and that is not getting better rocker protection. When I bought my JK it came with some crappy sliders. Well, lets call them steps. They got bent so bad, my pinch seam looks like a snake. I finally got some LOD sliders but not before the damage was done !

Armydog

There's a lot of them but I didn't pit them there... Inherited them, transfer case/ belly drop. Knock off front and rear bumpers. Steel winch cable.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Hack12

K&N Cold Air Intake, hands down.

It provides zero noticeable performance gains and is a pain in the ass to remove and clean properly. The only real benefit I've gained since installing it is the exponentially increased likelihood of hydro-locking my engine.

Hack12

15" wheels, love the look but handling sucks...

What size tires are you running the 15's on? I just switched from 18's to 15's and love everything about them. Though, to be fair, I am only running them on 33's. I could see how taller tires may be a problem with that small of a rim diameter.

RockyJk

What size tires are you running the 15's on? I just switched from 18's to 15's and love everything about them. Though, to be fair, I am only running them on 33's. I could see how taller tires may be a problem with that small of a rim diameter.

I'm running 35's, when I had 33's it was fine but with the 35's it's all over the road lol

Top Bottom