Whats your WORST mod?

I would have to say my cb radio was the worst mod ever for me. I never get to use it. I have under ground parking so I never put the antenna. And no ever has one when I go out with friends

as for me, the CB is usefull. All of my jeep friends let theirs open and when we cross in the traffic we chat until we can't understand each other. Not to mention we use it a lot in the trails too.

As for the one I regret, though it was cheap (free), is my extinguisher mounting bracket. It keep shaking on every single bump and cracks and make me crazy. I hate any abnormal sound in a vehicule, especially in mine. I will buy the strap type of mounting soon. Can't ear that anymore.

And, I have bought used rubicon differentials last year. Even though I love them, I had issue with the rear bearings being destroyed after 10 000kms, added 1400$ bill to that mod :doh:

I don't have any regrets as far as mods go but the one thing I would do different is I would spend a little more money on the lift. I went with the full traction 3" economy plus which has adjustable upper control arms, in hindsight I should have gone with the EVO enforcer that I was also looking at.

Off Road Fab sport cage. I wish I would passed on that one

The install was brutal...once installed it creaked and made noise over bumps until I got fed up and drilled a bunch more holes and replaced those self tapping screws with grade 8 bolts.

Then I hacked the hell out of the plastic interior around the cage and floor mounts

The real nail in the coffin was because about a month after I finished...everyone on the forums started raving about the 2012s new motors better interior etc...I was like :banghead: :crybaby:

Last edited:
No offense, but that sounds like installer error. My OR Fab didn't creak, leak, or result in wind noise. The install does take time though, especially to make the interior look good.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393105605.497146.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393105616.899034.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393105627.910232.jpg

Last edited:
Where can I begin? Maybe after five Jeeps and all the mods including a Corvette powered '48 CJ, that's why I'm still driving a stock 2012 JKUR. If there's an award for most money spent with the least return I might qualify. OK, to answer the question, the Vette engine was everything and more, but (x2) the air filters and mufflers on the later projects were...you fill in the blanks. My last CB was decades ago when lots of folks had them for everyday use. We used them like cell phones. It was a small community and we'd talk on the way to work, on the way home and to hook up on our way to weekend wheeling trips. It was a different itme. Sigh!
350.jpg

Last edited:
None taken...it might have been my fault but still my worst mod. I should have just left the stock cage alone :lol:

NO Complaints about my ORF tire carrier tho....that thing is solid

Fair enough. If you get another Jeep and want another cage, take a look at the Rock Hard. The install is far easier than the ORFab.

Last edited:
I think for me it's my Cobra CB radio. I mean, I love the thing, but I rarely ever use it. Want to put the jeep in the garage? Better take the antenna off. Drive through the car wash? Take the antenna off. Parking structure? Take the antenna off. Want to actually use it? Out of tune. Tuned it up and want to see if it works? No one has their ears on.

I like it, but it just hasn't been the experience I was hoping for.

So what was your worst, or maybe least appreciated mod?

I'm doing a 180 on my previous response. I got to use my CB last weekend on a wheeling trip and it performed flawlessly (cobra 75). Heard everything crisp and clear, it was in tune, and everyone else in my group had a CB as well so it was really easy to communicate. I guess up until now I didn't get to use my CB to its full potential... Now, I'm a fan of it!

So now I'm not sure what my worst mod is, but thanks to this thread I won't be installing a CAI.

I bought a rear tire mount extension to fit a 35" tire on my stock gate. First weekend wheeling with it we came across washboards in northern Death Valley...lots of them! While cruising the rough roads my gut told my brain to look in the rear view mirror...looked just in time to see the tire violently bouncing around barely hanging on to the tire carrier!

After stopping it took about a quarter rotation of the tire before the extension mount sheared in two and the tire fell off the tire carrier...ended up mounting it back up without the extension, had about quarter inch to spare of clearance between the bottom of the tire and the bumper...and it's been mounted that way ever since haha

I bought a rear tire mount extension to fit a 35" tire on my stock gate. First weekend wheeling with it we came across washboards in northern Death Valley...lots of them! While cruising the rough roads my gut told my brain to look in the rear view mirror...looked just in time to see the tire violently bouncing around barely hanging on to the tire carrier!

After stopping it took about a quarter rotation of the tire before the extension mount sheared in two and the tire fell off the tire carrier...ended up mounting it back up without the extension, had about quarter inch to spare of clearance between the bottom of the tire and the bumper...and it's been mounted that way ever since haha

Just curious if u had the isolators or just running the extention?

The extended rubber spacers that attach to the tailgate to stop the wobble in the tire. I only ask because I'm about to purchase the extension and isolators for my 35.

The one I bought did not have isolators, sounds like the lack of isolators might have greatly contributed to the failure of the extension bracket

The one I bought did not have isolators, sounds like the lack of isolators might have greatly contributed to the failure of the extension bracket

Ya, they should probably sell them as a package deal but they don't as far as I know. U need to do your research I guess. I'm sorry that happened to u. Sound like it's working for u now...

The windshield replacement mod....it lasted a week. Did it again, lasted 3 days. Third time lasted a week again. Now I am at 3 weeks for my 4th attempt of the windshield mod in 2014!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

eBay intake!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394245966.866303.jpg
This shit sucks! Today I had to buy a real filter cause I was getting way to much dirt inside.

Top Bottom