Sounds killing me

Prime

Nope sure don't. Completely stock I'm at a loss though it could be bearings but when I let off the gas it stops.

jkmohican

I didnt watch the video, but whining is usually your power steering pump or belt going bad. If its low on fluid, it means its leaking and needs to be repaired, dont just re fill it. Bad PS is known for sounding like a CAI so im betting thats what you have. Check out your pump

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime

If it was the power steering pump wouldn't it do the whining all the time? And the whining only happens at certain speed and when I let off the gas it stops..

jkmohican

If it was the power steering pump wouldn't it do the whining all the time? And the whining only happens at certain speed and when I let off the gas it stops..

When my friends PS went out on his stang his would only whinr taking off and coming to a stop and at low speeds. It could either be a bad PS pump or belt.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

an old trick my pops did in the late 70's early 80's to keep a belt from squealing is to use a bar of soap on it. Might be worth a try to see if it is just a belt. I have also hear a/c compressors squeal when accellerating.

R/
Will

Moochie

Stock driveshafts? On a 2 door with 3" lift shafts will fail sooner then latter. You could try removing them one at time to see if the noise goes away.

Prime

Could a rubicon rear have limited slip with lockers? If so I changed the fluid a while back maybe I need to add the additive to the fluid??

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
an old trick my pops did in the late 70's early 80's to keep a belt from squealing is to use a bar of soap on it. Might be worth a try to see if it is just a belt.
R/
Will

we did this on our boat at the end of last season. belt started to squeal under load. we didnt replace it yet but we will at the start of this season. the soap worked well. just kept a bar of Dove on board with us at all times. made the belt smell good :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A limited slip is a limited slip and a locker is a locker. No additive is needed with a locker and if you use synthetic oil, it will have it in it already anyway.

Prime

I remember reading something about it. But wasn't for sure I have no clue what this noise is.. I guess when something blows up I'll figure it out then.

Prime

I replaced the air filter along with changing the oil the other day. Also I put in new Adams drive shafts. Now I did notice this when I installed the rear. Look like who ever put the lift on did not put adjustable control arms on. Would this make the noise?

Attachments

• image-1999994741.jpg
    image-1999994741.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 136
Top Bottom