What is it.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I've always thought it was part of the cruise control, but I could be wrong. Never took the time to google it. It's easy enough to move regardless.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Aeraun

I believe it assists with braking, but I'm not certain about that

The Force will be with you.... always

904Jeep

It is used to supply a consistent vacuum to the brake booster. In engines with variable valve timing there is not always a consistent vacuum pressure in the intake manifold. This could be a loss in pressure resulting in a loss of brake booster. The 3.8L engine used in 07'-11' does not have variable valve timing and so the brake booster is fed directly off of a line from the manifold, no vacuum pump needed.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
It is used to supply a consistent vacuum to the brake booster. In engines with variable valve timing there is not always a consistent vacuum pressure in the intake manifold. This could be a loss in pressure resulting in a loss of brake booster. The 3.8L engine used in 07'-11' does not have variable valve timing and so the brake booster is fed directly off of a line from the manifold, no vacuum pump needed.

Beat me to it :thumb:

bl17z90

You would think that the engineers have to know that people are going to modify these things and one thing at the top of the list of first parts to go is a front bumper. They had to know that this was going to get in the way....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yup, this ^^^

jeffd

You would think that the engineers have to know that people are going to modify these things and one thing at the top of the list of first parts to go is a front bumper. They had to know that this was going to get in the way....

I am sure the engineers (along with the bean counters) who designed this only cared that it worked with the bumper that the jeep rolled out of the factory with. the cheapest easiest solution is what works best for the company.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
if you do move it, i'd suggest the evo relocation kit. i moved mine under the hood trying to be cheap, but the noise it makes bugs me. so i ordered the evo kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the EVO bracket is what I would recommend but, I do know that OverlanderJK just flipped his and it seems to do the trick too.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As mentioned, the EVO bracket is what I would recommend but, I do know that OverlanderJK just flipped his and it seems to do the trick too.

Yup I did this for about 6 months until I got my winch. I then relocated it under the hood since I forgot to buy the EVO bracket and needed it out of the way for the winch install.

Top Bottom