A Micro-Jeep in the Works - Would you do it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you thought the B-Size Jeep Renegade was small, it looks like there is no denial from Jeep CEO Mike Manley that an even smaller A-Size Jeep may be in the works. Check it out...

Is MicroJeep coming?
microjeep.jpg

With the 2015 “mini-Jeep” Renegade now unveiled, the next natural question for a journalist was, “Are we going to see an even smaller Jeep next?” Indeed, that is roughly what Britain’s AutoExpress asked Jeep CEO Mike Manley. The answer, in essence, was, “Yes, but not now.” Jeep will look at an A-segment (subcompact) SUV, but for the moment it is working on something “above the Grand Cherokee” — which he named as the long-rumored Jeep Grand Wagoneer. (This confirms that the company is shoving the word “Grand” into a third vehicle; the pioneering original was named simply “Jeep Wagoneer” for most of its life. Grand Cherokee, being sold at the same time as Cherokee, did have a reason for the “Grand;” Grand Wagoneer will stand without a regular Wagoneer, though.)

The size gap between a microJeep and Renegade would probably not be all that large — perhaps one foot of length — but if the vehicle was created with a CJ/Samurai-style open-top design, it could add to the Jeep product line worldwide without competing directly against Renegade itself. Making it a credible yet affordable off-road vehicle would be a serious challenge, while weight would be a key issue for fuel economy with the open-top design.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/03/is-microjeep-coming

:crazyeyes:

GCM 2

Yes....

I have owned a Suzuki Samuri and it was a blast, so I'm going to say yes I would own a micro-jeep. Although the artist rendering above is pretty cartoonish/comical, it kind of has an early year Ford Bronco flavor :rock:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i agree with Greg. if they turn it into a "samurai" look alike then that would be cool!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Exciting news! I'd be very interested in a CJ/Samurai sized Jeep. I loved my three CJ's and would welcome something like it back into the fold, but:

Memo to: Jeep Corp.
Fm: Linebacker, a loyal customer
Please don't design it to look like a pair of Italian leather shoes. Please!:naw:

I kinda see a place for this. Many of the trails I wheel on are very tight and I feel like I'm driving a school bus with my JKU. This said, at what point are you better off just getting a side-by-side? I guess one advantage would be this being street legal at more than 20MPH.

noroad

ok i might be a little over board with this statment but who ever is drawing and comming up with these new cars needs to be eliminated they are going to kill the jeeps name and looks!

ok i might be a little over board with this statment but who ever is drawing and comming up with these new cars needs to be eliminated they are going to kill the jeeps name and looks!

While I'm not a fan of the looks, I like to see Jeep moving so many small and hopefully fuel efficient vehicles under the badge. This will help them lower their average MPG/vehicle while keeping the wrangler changes to a minimum. Fingers crossed....

jhires

No sir, I don't like it.

That drawing looks like a micro version of the recent Toyota FJ. Just put the Jeep hinges on the outside, shorten it, lower it, and cut the top off.

This is brand dilution at it's best. Instead of building for the target market where the vehicles are expected to go off road, they are trying to take the Jeep name into the everyday-everybody market.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have owned a Suzuki Samuri and it was a blast, so I'm going to say yes I would own a micro-jeep. Although the artist rendering above is pretty cartoonish/comical, it kind of has an early year Ford Bronco flavor :rock:

Me too, I would buy it in a heart beat. Especially if the gas mileage was decent

noroad

While I'm not a fan of the looks, I like to see Jeep moving so many small and hopefully fuel efficient vehicles under the badge. This will help them lower their average MPG/vehicle while keeping the wrangler changes to a minimum. Fingers crossed....

I get that people are moving closer to better mpg in newer cars but at what price is 3 mpg better getting you a crappy looking car! I laugh at people when they say my jeep gets bad mpg and just say i didnt buy it for the mpg. Not to mention that 14mpg with 37s is better then most crappy fords! I think with better mpg the standard of looks should not be the factor or standard that is lower thats all.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I get that people are moving closer to better mpg in newer cars but at what price is 3 mpg better getting you a crappy looking car! I laugh at people when they say my jeep gets bad mpg and just say i didnt buy it for the mpg. Not to mention that 14mpg with 37s is better then most crappy fords! I think with better mpg the standard of looks should not be the factor or standard that is lower thats all.

My shitty 2013 ford gets 37 mpg.

Armydog

No fucking way... Want a mini jeep? By a range rover evoque or however you spell cute little yuppie thing..... Want a dd with great gas mileage and the potential to end up as road kill? Buy a smart car.....

That's not a jeep nor should it ever be........ Fiat is killing us

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom