Stinger Bumper

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Evo quarter pounder and stinger is my personal favorite. Save big money when you use the forum discount at Northridge!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Evo quarter pounder and stinger is my personal favorite. Save big money when you use the forum discount at Northridge!

This :thumb: The EVO Quarter Pounder with the Revolution stinger runs around 600 from Northridge with the forum discount. If I were going to run a full stinger on my rig, this is what I would run. If your willing to cut your bumper mounts off, you have the PSC BFH with stinger as an option for around 380. Depends on your budget. If you wheel hard enough you may actually need to use it, I would save up and go for the Quarter Pounder. Just my :twocents:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
EVO 1/4 pounder hands down. Solid and I'm confident if someone pulls out in front of me my stinger will give them the worst of it.

If you are on a budget, you can run the 1/4 pounder without the stinger. Then save some coin and buy the stinger. That way you get a quality product the first time around and won't have to buy a bumper twice.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
What will $300 get me?

Not a new bumper you could try craigslist. There are a couple of no name brand bumpers for about $350 if you google search jeep jk stinger bumper. The poison Spyder BFH with trail stinger is about $375 but it's a bare bones bumper that will require cutting the frame

No name
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397524416.371775.jpg

Poison Spyder
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397524311.077599.jpg

Landman

This is my buddies jeep, we used a reciprocating saw and an angle grinder. The hardest part was the crash bar brackets. 1-10 scale of difficulty: 3-6 depending on how good you cut and smooth the frame rails.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1397571171180.jpg
    1397571171180.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 186
  • 1397571222727.jpg
    1397571222727.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 189

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it's just me but I just have a really hard time cutting up the frame like that. For one, the welded end plates help make a very strong recover point and it is why the factory tow points are attached to it. To cut a welded end of a boxed in frame and replace them with a bolted on bumper, I have to wonder if the integrity of the frame rails will also be compromised if they ever hit in a crash. But like I said, maybe it's just me.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I completely forgot about the PureJeep Bare Bonez. At that price point (360 for the combo) you get the bumper, winch plate, light hoop and d ring mounts. Probably the best deal you can find on something new that is good quality, from a reputable company and meets your criteria. Looks swee too in my opinion. Something to concider anyways.

Last edited:

Landman

I think I remember some guys saying they welded some type of support on the poison spyder bumpers if you are worried about structural integrity. I myself went 1/4 pounder and stinger but man for the money, the PSC bumper is sweeeet! Just my opinion though!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

kornchip

I really like the purejeep bare bonez bumper combo. When the time comes its gonna be hard not to get the evo though. May be worth it to wait a little bit longer and save up some cash.

Hack12

I'd definitely go with the EVO if you have the money for it. However, I have the XHD stubby & stinger and I really like it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397593927.854954.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397593948.749877.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397593973.568816.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397593991.350411.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397594043.641162.jpg

Top Bottom