Artec

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will the EVO co work with the Artec truss ?

Agreed, not sure I understand the question. Also, any reason why you feel the need to truss your axle? You do know that you can and still will bend it even with one on, right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, no reason why they wouldn't work or, at least that I know of. Maybe with the DTD's as they do require a new bracket to be welded onto the axle but really, if you're going that route, you really should be looking at just getting a PR44 or better.

Shawdad

I would also like to know the answer to this. I am going to be running the EVO bolt on coilovers with the draglink flip kit and rear roll center correction bracket. This truss would be a great way to strengthen my axle without breaking the bank. Would it work with the coilovers, draglink flip, and rear roll center correction bracket?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This truss would be a great way to strengthen my axle without breaking the bank.

You do know that with coil overs, you will be able to drive a lot faster across the desert and without realizing it, right? It is this speed more than any rock crawling you can ever hope to do that WILL bend your front axle EVEN WITH a truss installed. The bending WILL happen at the point where the axle tube meets up with the differential and I have seen it happen. I'm pretty sure it just happened to a member on this forum as well. If it were me, I would recommend that you just play with what you got and save up until you can afford a real solution - a ProRock 44. Me, I was able to get about 60,000 miles out of my 2012 front axle before it finally needed to be replaced. Of course, that's just my opinion - just trying to save you some money.

Shawdad

You do know that with coil overs, you will be able to drive a lot faster across the desert and without realizing it, right? It is this speed more than any rock crawling you can ever hope to do that WILL bend your front axle EVEN WITH a truss installed. The bending WILL happen at the point where the axle tube meets up with the differential and I have seen it happen. I'm pretty sure it just happened to a member on this forum as well. If it were me, I would recommend that you just play with what you got and save up until you can afford a real solution - a ProRock 44. Me, I was able to get about 60,000 miles out of my 2012 front axle before it finally needed to be replaced. Of course, that's just my opinion - just trying to save you some money.

Ok thank you!

tapcola

Thanks for the info , yes I meant coil overs . I would love a PR44 but its not in my budget right now or any time soon .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info , yes I meant coil overs . I would love a PR44 but its not in my budget right now or any time soon .

I'm sure it isn't for most people. That's why I'm suggesting that you not waste your money on something that won't actually help all that much. Instead, I would recommend that you SAVE your money for a time when you can afford a PR44 in the future. Just trying to put some perspective on things and keep you from spending money on your axle twice.

upnover

I run the artec truss with Evo bolt on c/o. I did it because my buddy is a good welder so it was pretty cheap to do(truss cost and whiskey). I wouldn't pay a shop to do it, some of the quotes I got just see what it would be, it was almost half the cost of a new prorock.

Dark_Star

I think it also comes down to what tire size you are running. Anything bigger then a 37" and your flying through the desert. It would be a waste of money to truss a stock axle. On the other hand if your running a 37" or smaller tire and you sleeve and gusset a stock 44 you should been fine! That being said everything is relative to your driving style as well!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run the artec truss with Evo bolt on c/o. I did it because my buddy is a good welder so it was pretty cheap to do(truss cost and whiskey). I wouldn't pay a shop to do it, some of the quotes I got just see what it would be, it was almost half the cost of a new prorock.

The crazy thing is, on top of what it would cost to have a shop do it, you still run the risk of having your axle get BENT from the welding.

I think it also comes down to what tire size you are running. Anything bigger then a 37" and your flying through the desert. It would be a waste of money to truss a stock axle. On the other hand if your running a 37" or smaller tire and you sleeve and gusset a stock 44 you should been fine! That being said everything is relative to your driving style as well!

I see you are from Canada and can only assume that is where your opinion on this matter comes from. Even with sleeves or a truss, I can assure you that with 37's, you WILL still bend a factory front axle especially in the deserts surrounding Vegas, the place where the OP lives. How do I know, I have done it and have seen it time and time again over the last 7+ years. Maybe with 35's and a crappy lift that keeps you driving really really slow, you'd be okay but out here, I don't know anyone running 37's with a factory axle that isn't bent and this is regardless of the money they've thrown at it.

Dark_Star

Of course you know what they say: assumption is the mother of all f- ~* ups! If you were to use RSE inner and outer sleeves you will increase the strength of your axle by 55%. So unless your chucking your jk 20' in air off the side of a sand dune, the axle will hold up fine! But I know the are some people out there that like to do those kinds of things!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Of course you know what they say: assumption is the mother of all f- ~* ups! If you were to use RSE inner and outer sleeves you will increase the strength of your axle by 55%. So unless your chucking your jk 20' in air off the side of a sand dune, the axle will hold up fine! But I know the are some people out there that like to do those kinds of things!

Sleeves don't prevent your axle from bending at the diff. Sure your tubes will be straight but that won't do shit if your axle looks like this. (Yes I know its a rear but it can happen to the front too)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397880727.418129.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of course you know what they say: assumption is the mother of all f- ~* ups!

Agreed, it really is what they say: assumption is the mother of all f- ~* ups. Last I checked, your location is in your title but of course, I'd be happy to see some pics and hear all about your extensive wheeling experience out here in Nevada - please do tell :daydream:

If you were to use RSE inner and outer sleeves you will increase the strength of your axle by 55%.

:yawn37: What I thought, you're the kind of guy that eats up what he's been sold and then regurgitates it as if it means something. :rolleyes2:

So unless your chucking your jk 20' in air off the side of a sand dune, the axle will hold up fine!

Of course, you know what they say: assumption is the mother of all f- ~* ups ;)

But I know the are some people out there that like to do those kinds of things!

Funny, I don't and yet, over the last 7+ years, I have seen a lot of bent axles regardless if they've been sleeved inside and out or even trussed. But, you keep making those assumptions, they'll help you to sleep better at night :yup:

Top Bottom