Artec

Dark_Star

Sleeves don't prevent your axle from bending at the diff. Sure your tubes will be straight but that won't do shit if your axle looks like this. (Yes I know its a rear but it can happen to the front too)

View attachment 79436

RSE outers are welded right to the diff housing? What size of tire are those? Look a little bigger the 37's? And I'm sure the rears aren't sleeved. But I could be wrong?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sleeves don't prevent your axle from bending at the diff. Sure your tubes will be straight but that won't do shit if your axle looks like this. (Yes I know its a rear but it can happen to the front too)

View attachment 79436

This! Why people continue to believe that sleeving is the end all be all is beyond me. Last time I checked, you can't make a sleeve run from one side of the pumpkin through the other side.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
RSE outers are welded right to the diff housing? What size of tire are those? Look a little bigger the 37's? And I'm sure the rears aren't sleeved. But I could be wrong?

Those are 37's and if you read what I wrote you will see that I said "this is a rear but the same thing can happen to the front".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RSE outers are welded right to the diff housing?

:yawn37: Oh yeah, that would make all the difference in the world.

What size of tire are those? Look a little bigger the 37's?

Of course you know what they say: assumption is the mother of all f- ~* ups! Those are 37's and since you don't seem to have a clue, unlike the front axle, the rear is a true Dana 44 with a 3" tube - a lot stronger. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This! Why people continue to believe that sleeving is the end all be all is beyond me. Last time I checked, you can't make a sleeve run from one side of the pumpkin through the other side.

Because it helps them to feel better about the things they've chosen to spend their money on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check it out!! You can actually buy crap wrapped in metal!! I'll bet it's 55% stronger too :thumb:

0da9ccfd778d2e7c2acef5873b5066af.jpg

David1tontj

I think it also comes down to what tire size you are running. Anything bigger then a 37" and your flying through the desert. It would be a waste of money to truss a stock axle. On the other hand if your running a 37" or smaller tire and you sleeve and gusset a stock 44 you should been fine! That being said everything is relative to your driving style as well!

My brother had his rubicon front 44 sleeved and gusseted, and guess what? It still bent. And he is very nice to it, never bombs through ruts or abuses it. And he's on 35's!!

All that money, and it only gave him a false sense of security, and now, he Is going with a pro-rock 44.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My brother had his rubicon front 44 sleeved and gusseted, and guess what? It still bent. And he is very nice to it, never bombs through ruts or abuses it. And he's on 35's!!

All that money, and it only gave him a false sense of security, and now, he Is going with a pro-rock 44.

What, you mean he ONLY on 35's and doesn't jump it 20 feet in the air???? Clearly, you must be making assumptions :naw:

David1tontj

What, you mean he ONLY on 35's and doesn't jump it 20 feet in the air???? Clearly, you must be making assumptions :naw:

That's exactly why I posted it! I don't think he's ever had it even 10 inches off the ground!! And that was to change the oil!! Maybe the valet guys take it off 20' jumps when he isn't watching. That MUST be it!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's exactly why I posted it! I don't think he's ever had it even 10 inches off the ground!! And that was to change the oil!! Maybe the valet guys take it off 20' jumps when he isn't watching. That MUST be it!!

LOL!! When I helped install his lift, it was by far one of the cleanest JK's I had ever seen.

What's funny about all this is that all we're trying to do is share what we've seen and experienced with others and with the only hope of helping them to not make the same mistakes. I guess there's just no helping those who want to believe. :crazyeyes:

I'm surprised my d30 isn't bent yet, it's only gussets and have hit some whoops and bumps way faster than I should have! I guess that's what you get when you're trying to keep up with Eddie bombing thru the Mojave! :cheesy:

munstie

Sure you can just pull the carrier out:rolleyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised my d30 isn't bent yet, it's only gussets and have hit some whoops and bumps way faster than I should have! I guess that's what you get when you're trying to keep up with Eddie bombing thru the Mojave! :cheesy:

Who me? I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about :idontknow: :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm...kick-off run ringing any Bells... I was about the only one dumb enough to keep up with you...maybe it was a bad idea but it sure was fun! :thumb:

LOL!! You're still young and can heal quickly. :D

EDIT: BTW, that was my wife driving :D

Dark_Star

Guys in no way am I saying that a band aid fix is going to outperform a purpose built application like a pr44 of CRJ. All I'm saying is if you could make something stronger for less money then a whole replacement wouldn't you? Because after all if I remortgaged my house I could be the dude in the raptor that made!

Top Bottom