Artec

You must not wheel hard enough

Sorry, these are the trails I have to play on...

attachment.php

Eddie really is trying to save you time and money, wish I could've talked with him or found the forum before I started my build he really does know what he's talking about regardless of what people say about his advice. Everything he has told me has been spot on with problems I was gonna have with my setup. Right down to know owing the wait time on my bumpers.lol He knows the industry and what's gonna work.

Thanks Brian, that really is all I ever hope to do - try to help where I can. Why it is often met with such resistance is beyond me.

That's right it's all relative!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was pure sarcasm... Have you ever watched his videos? If Eddie doesn't break it, it's good enough for me!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

That was pure sarcasm... Have you ever watched his videos? If Eddie doesn't break it, it's good enough for me!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Lol yes I have! He does make awesome videos! And once again you missed the point. I'm not questioning the strength of a pr44 or CRJ

Thanks Brian, that really is all I ever hope to do - try to help where I can. Why it is often met with such resistance is beyond me.

Yes I truly believe you do! But maybe it's how you come across to people when your trying to make you point!

Lol yes I have! He does make awesome videos! And once again you missed the point. I'm not questioning the strength of a pr44 or CRJ

And no one is saying you are, but like I said earlier the only real benefit is the track bar mount on the truss kit. As far as sleeves there only as strong as what their attached to, meaning the bends happen at the diff housing for the most part.

Yes I truly believe you do! But maybe it's how you come across to people when your trying to make you point!

Your the one taking it the wrong way when he is making his point. Every time I read a post from Eddie it's written in a nice way and a concerning way as he wants to help.

He has yet to steer me wrong which is why I'm working hard and saving to buy a PR44 hopefully by next summer at the latest.

Sent from my iPhone

WOW ! thanks for all the info . I understand what Eddie is trying to say and some day I will have a PR44 . the truss was free and I want the EVO CO some day .
I have made purchases that I have regretted and had to deal with it . the info I get from hear has definitely helped me over the past. so to all the seasoned vets out their
thanks again .:clap2:

Lol I guess I don't work hard enough?? I must be a bum!

Only you would know.

And once again you missed the point. I'm not questioning the strength of a pr44 or CRJ

And once again, you missed the point. The whole point of throwing money at an axle is to help prevent it from bending. Being that it can't even do that, it's not really stronger - just money down the drain.

Oh I get it, me using words like "recommend" and "save" just pisses guys like you off enough that you have to jump on the thread and try to argue the strength of a bent axle just because it has money thrown at it. Got it :rolleyes2:

Your the one taking it the wrong way when he is making his point. Every time I read a post from Eddie it's written in a nice way and a concerning way as he wants to help.

He has yet to steer me wrong which is why I'm working hard and saving to buy a PR44 hopefully by next summer at the latest.

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you, I appreciate you being able to see things for what they really are. I might add that when you get to the point of being able to afford that PR44, you still might want to hold off on getting it until you really need it. I just know how things go in my life and sometimes, that extra saved cash can be helpful to have for unexpected emergencies. Just a thought.

WOW ! thanks for all the info . I understand what Eddie is trying to say and some day I will have a PR44 . the truss was free and I want the EVO CO some day .
I have made purchases that I have regretted and had to deal with it . the info I get from hear has definitely helped me over the past. so to all the seasoned vets out their
thanks again .:clap2:

When you have your truss welded on, you need to know that it CAN and OFTEN does cause bending of the axle. It really doesn't matter how good your welder is or slow he goes and professionals in the industry take significant steps to help mitigate this problem. The shot below was taken by a professional race team fabricator and as you can see, he's gone so far as to put a preload on the axle to help out.

proper-truss-install.jpg

Even at this, it's still a best guess. Not saying that it can't be done right, just that I have seen plenty of trussed axles that were BENT once installed. Just food for thought.

It's like the bad scene in a movie keeps replaying over and over. I think you're right in that people come wanting reassurance for something they've already done, or are set on doing. So any bit of suggestion to the contrary is seen as something beyond what it is.

I agree and lord knows I've asked more than my fair share questions.....both publicly and via PM. :crazyeyes:

Thank you, I appreciate you being able to see things for what they really are. I might add that when you get to the point of being able to afford that PR44, you still might want to hold off on getting it until you really need it. I just know how things go in my life and sometimes, that extra saved cash can be helpful to have for unexpected emergencies. Just a thought.

You mean like a washing machine overflowing and needing a new water heater. Both in about a two-month span. :grayno: My pr44 fund just took a hit and I'm glad I listened to you.

You mean like a washing machine overflowing and needing a new water heater. Both in about a two-month span. :grayno: My pr44 fund just took a hit and I'm glad I listened to you.

It happens. In spite of what some choose to believe, I haven't always had the Jeeps I have now. In fact, it's taken about two decades to get here of working hard and disciplining myself to save for the things I really want. Along the way, there have been plenty of setbacks and for each of them, I was glad that I had the savings to help out.

When you have your truss welded on, you need to know that it CAN and OFTEN does cause bending of the axle. It really doesn't matter how good your welder is or slow he goes and professionals in the industry take significant steps to help mitigate this problem. The shot below was taken by a professional race team fabricator and as you can see, he's gone so far as to put a preload on the axle to help out.

View attachment 79491

Even at this, it's still a best guess. Not saying that it can't be done right, just that I have seen plenty of trussed axles that were BENT once installed. Just food for thought.

Yep and you could also preheat it and have the same effect! Why would a RACE TEAM weld a truss on an axle if it's just gonna bend? According to you it's a waste of money? Lol anyway I'm sure this could and probably would continue on till the ends of time! So I'm gonna end by saying that, yes, if you have the means, and of course you work really, really hard, and save all your buttons and bows go and buy a CRJ or a pr44, hell don,t even waste your money on a 44 keep saving and get the pr80 that way you'll be able to run over a land mine and blow yourself right over the obstacle and keep wheeling to the finish! ;) no hard feelings!

Yep and you could also preheat it and have the same effect!

Good luck with that :thumb:

Why would a RACE TEAM weld a truss on an axle if it's just gonna bend? According to you it's a waste of money?

Ummm, since you have no clue as to what you're looking at, this is a custom manufactured axle that is getting setup for a triangulated 4-link suspension system. The truss is there to accommodate it :naw:

Lol anyway I'm sure this could and probably would continue on till the ends of time! So I'm gonna end by saying that, yes, if you have the means, and of course you work really, really hard, and save all your buttons and bows go and buy a CRJ or a pr44, hell don,t even waste your money on a 44 keep saving and get the pr80 that way you'll be able to run over a land mine and blow yourself right over the obstacle and keep wheeling to the finish! ;)

:cheesy: You're such a joke. Thanks for the good laugh! :thumb:

no hard feelings!

Indeed, no hard feelings :D

Good luck with that :thumb:

Ummm, since you have no clue as to what you're looking at, this is a custom manufactured axle that is getting setup for a triangulated 4-link suspension system. The truss is there to accommodate it :naw:

:cheesy: You're such a joke. Thanks for the good laugh! :thumb:

Indeed, no hard feelings :D

Oh really, if that were the case, then why are three of the 4 links not even welded to it? What are the strengthening? You mean to tell me that giant truss is there to strengthen the one mount?

Oh really, if that were the case, then why are three of the 4 links not even welded to it? What are the strengthening? You mean to tell me that giant truss is there to strengthen the one mount?

I don't know what your looking at but I see 3 links welded to the truss. :idontknow:

Top Bottom