ATX Slabs/chamber DOT approved or not?

FastZach

I read on Northridge's website that the ATX bead locks aren't DOT approved.. Is this true? If so, has anyone been given any troubled from the law? Thinking about upgrading to some in the new future

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Quick answer: No

Run them over a year now. Haven't been give any trouble by The Man. I usually don't lower my window down enough and won't answer any questions anyways..... #constitution #'Merica :bleh: :bleh:

Brankz

Quick answer: No

Run them over a year now. Haven't been give any trouble by The Man. I usually don't lower my window down enough and won't answer any questions anyways..... #constitution #'Merica :bleh: :bleh:

Thumbs up! I don't talk to them, I just give them my license ,insurance and registration, they can't understand me anyways so I just don't talk to them lol

DA RUNT

If someone was new here and hasn't followed all the threads you guys refer to, they would think you're all nuts. Actually, you are all nuts :cheesy:

GCM 2

I read on Northridge's website that the ATX bead locks aren't DOT approved.. Is this true? If so, has anyone been given any troubled from the law? Thinking about upgrading to some in the new future

We don't even have vehicle inspections in AZ (other than emissions). Beadlock wheels are not a problem, trust me......

Charlie Mike

FastZach said:

Correct, ATX bead locks are not DOT approved.
Been running the ATX Slabs for well over a year now. Never had any trouble from 5-0. And I live in California. Lol. When I was in the market for new wheels, I was a little hesitant at first about the Slabs for the same reason. Wasn't sure if I would get into trouble and if they would be worth it. Guys around here pretty much told me to man up and not worry, and I'm glad I did. Can't say enough good things about them. Performance and appearance. It's all great. And put a few good scratches on those rings after a hard trail, and they look even more badass!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I'm starting to loose count on how many times I've been pulled over in the last couple of years and every single one of them had nothing to do with my ATX Slabs. In fact, they never even came up.

GCM 2

[SUP][/SUP]
Honestly, I'm starting to loose count on how many times I've been pulled over in the last couple of years and every single one of them had nothing to do with my ATX Slabs. In fact, they never even came up.

Let me guess; speeding, tire width, no mud flaps....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I Just ordered the Chamber Pro's from northridge. i know that they are not DOT approved but oh well. honestly im not sure how my officers will be able to tell the difference between a simulated beadlock and a real beadlock. hell i dont know if a lot of inspection places will know the difference.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I Just ordered the Chamber Pro's from northridge. i know that they are not DOT approved but oh well. honestly im not sure how my officers will be able to tell the difference between a simulated beadlock and a real beadlock. hell i dont know if a lot of inspection places will know the difference.

With slabs you can see the bolts going through....but those could also be fake as well. You can actually tell the difference if you really know what your looking for however, like that time when that girl was telling me her walkers were beadlocks lol.

mikefishes

:cheesy: Actually, speeding has not been one of them in over 20 years (knock on wood :eek: ).

Why would you even say (type) that out loud?? Even with the knock on wood, you just guaranteed that ticket. Anyone wanna start a pool we can do an over under with the closest guess on the speed as our tie-breaker?

I'll go 23 August @ 93MPH. Put me in for $20

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you even say (type) that out loud?? Even with the knock on wood, you just guaranteed that ticket. Anyone wanna start a pool we can do an over under with the closest guess on the speed as our tie-breaker?

I'll go 23 August @ 93MPH. Put me in for $20

:cheesy: You my friend suck!! But, I suppose I did open my big mouth :crazyeyes:

MurderedJK

As a "5-0" in WA... We don't care what wheels you're running. The time that would even possibly come into play is in an accident where the wheel played a major role in the cause. In my time I never heard of anyone scratching a ticket for beadlock or otherwise non DOT approved wheels.

Sent via my free government phone from my government subsidized home. Off to make another baby to bring home another 1K of welfare!

Top Bottom