Corner carnage advice!!

RamP

Took a bad hit on the passenger side rear corner today. I know this in re-active instead of pro-active but I'd like to get some corner armor.
I want to remove the light and pull out as much of the corner as I can. What corner guards do you have and what do you think will work best. Right now AEV is at the top of the list. They would allow me to use factory lights.
Thanks.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405818989.621263.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OUCH!

The AEV corners are really nice and are the best fitting corner guards by far but, they are super thin and fit so perfectly that unless you make some effort to straighten out your damage really well, I don't know how well they will fit.

Of course, if it were me, I would toss the big bulky factory tail lights and get EVO corners as they are strong and will be a lot more forgiving in the fitment department on a quarter panel damaged like yours.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would ditch the factory lights and go EVO skins if you want that look. Just make unsure you pound out as much as you can and put some paint on it before you put the skins on. That'll rust in no time back there.

Or get it fixed at a body shop if you want the factory lights. It'll probably cost between $500-$1000.

JKFlyer

Sorry to see that. Definitely recommend evo corner skins. I love em and will cover that write up. If rivets don't work in a few spots due to damage, glue on the bolt heads to keep look uniform

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What Overlander said. EVO corners for sure it'll give you some motivation to get the tire carrier later on as well. :thumb:

RamP

Thanks for all the responses. Emailed Evo with some questions on the corners and will go from there.
Does anyone know what tail lights Evo offers as an option? And what are you doing about reverse lights ?

DA RUNT

Thanks for all the responses. Emailed Evo with some questions on the corners and will go from there.
Does anyone know what tail lights Evo offers as an option? And what are you doing about reverse lights ?

They offer an led light kit with their corners, if i remember right they were like $86

edit: there's a few different options for reverse lights. I'm going to either wire some small led's up or use the lights in my LOD bumper.

Last edited:

Alan30

I would also look at the Poison Spyder corners as well. They come in 2 versions, with just the taillight or backup lights too

jkjurny

The tail lights they offer are pretty sweet. It's a round taillight with the white reverse being an outer circle around the red brake/turn signal. IrishJK on the forum has them and they're pretty awesome looking.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

i just used some 4" led push in lights from tractor supply. they even sell 4"led at walmart. you just need led resistors for the fast blinking fix. and for reverse i purchased a back up light kit by ridgid from northridge.

RamP

The tail lights they offer are pretty sweet. It's a round taillight with the white reverse being an outer circle around the red brake/turn signal. IrishJK on the forum has them and they're pretty awesome looking.

So the Evo lights include the reverse light. That is good news.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Negative. You can order those ones but they do not come with the kits.

Talk to JAGS, think he went that route.
attachment.php

Top Bottom