Dumb question

liljohn850

So here's a stupid question... My 10a has an auto transmission... But I can select the gears as I wish like a standard. My question is, once I have selected the gear I want for the time being, how the Ef do I just go back into drive?! I swear. This jeep is too damn fancy!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hold the shift lever either left or right. I think is what your after. I hardly ever use that feature

liljohn850

Jesus. Thank you all. Haha. I drive with my hand on the shifter... And with the new 3.6 I find myself turning faster and keep slipping into the Manu-matic crap. I got tired if going to neutral then to drive at a stop very quickly.

jeeeep

Hooked
Jesus. Thank you all. Haha. I drive with my hand on the shifter... And with the new 3.6 I find myself turning faster and keep slipping into the Manu-matic crap. I got tired if going to neutral then to drive at a stop very quickly.[/QUOTE

lol I rented a car that had this feature and I too drive with my hand on the shifter, took a few down shift/hi rev moments to figure out what the hell was happening.... :beer:

liljohn850

Jesus. Thank you all. Haha. I drive with my hand on the shifter... And with the new 3.6 I find myself turning faster and keep slipping into the Manu-matic crap. I got tired if going to neutral then to drive at a stop very quickly.[/QUOTE

lol I rented a car that had this feature and I too drive with my hand on the shifter, took a few down shift/hi rev moments to figure out what the hell was happening.... :beer:

Glad I'm not alone!!

RickyI

I did the same thing too! I went from a manual to a auto and it drove me crazy.... I was and still do keep my hand on the shift handle and going into auto-manual.....:doh: But I like the auto much better......

Ricky

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It can definitely be helpful when off road but I never use it otherwise. It would be a lot more helpful if it would actually stay in the gear you selected.

DA RUNT

Cheating. And on the rocks, they are superior to a manual and this is coming from a guy who loves manuals.

I haven't had the pleasure to drive an auto jeep but I'm sure they have to be better in the rocks. Hopefully with the new gears I won't stall as much

DA RUNT

Hey John, we have to swap rigs on the trail when you get to WA so I can try the auto. Maybe this isn't my last jeep purchase -_-

liljohn850

Hey John, we have to swap rigs on the trail when you get to WA so I can try the auto. Maybe this isn't my last jeep purchase -_-

Just put yours in 4lo and first 😂 let it go. Lol.

You're the one that loves a manual... And I'll pull that bitch card every hour I waste in traffic! And the tranny doesn't sound like it's going to fall out from under my jeep!! That's a perk!

I'll try the manumatic bs when I hit the trail. If it actually stays in first I'll chalk it up as a perk. Until then I have to find another place to keep my right hand :(

Clem319

How so?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It will keep your transmission in 1st gear or whatever other gear you want. I've found it extremely helpful and it took me about 4 hours into my first trail with the new jeep to remember the feature. Also was extremely helpful down a steep grade when my brakes were already overheating.

JKWrang

It will keep your transmission in 1st gear or whatever other gear you want. I've found it extremely helpful and it took me about 4 hours into my first trail with the new jeep to remember the feature. Also was extremely helpful down a steep grade when my brakes were already overheating.

Sometimes. Ive found the auto still kicks in more than the manu matic because rhe CPU thinks it knows better. I prefer my 6 spd but I will say am auto on the rocks IS much nicer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom