Which lift?

NMCOD

Have been following all the great builds and want/need to get away from the RC lift that the PO installed.

Not sure which of these would be best, currently have RC 4" w 37's pinch welds cut

is 100% my DD, with weekend trips through out NM Mountains and deserts, nothing super technical

EVO-DD-LONGARM W/ EVO spec King w/ Res

EVO LCG Bolt on coil over Front and Rear

EVO Enforcer package

Thanks in advance

NMCOD

In the past I had posted that I wanted to go with the coilover and lever lift solution but that doesn't look like it will happen for awhile financially.

So I reposted the above inquiry in hopes that someone provide me some feedback on these three choices or another viable option until I can get the money for the build I dream of someday

Just want the best solution for 5-6k

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hmm, all three are great lifts. Can't really go wrong with any of these choices.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
if you like the height of 4" i would go with the DDlong arm and 4" lift with kings. the long arm will improve your on road handling and the plush rides with kings will be really smooth on and off road. the other route i would go if you really want the extra flex is the long arm with bolt on coilovers. this will really be a smoother ride on and off road as well as provide massive flex.

Agree with Coz. If you plan on doing the DTD I would go with the Double D with the EVO Plush Ride Coils and par them with Rancho RS900XL shocks. Then you will have the long arm already installed when you go to the DTD.

R/
Will

NMCOD

Thank you all for the input. Makes more sense when those who have gone before explain it.

I just ordered the c gussets and they have arrived (per my wife ) I have been reading closely to what others have said and are doing, so will run my D44's until which time they need to be replaced then upgrade to PR44/60 setup as money allows.

Sounds like I will need to do a front driveshaft at a minimum also.

Is there anything else I would need. It looked like the DD long arm kit was pretty complete

Thank you all for the input. Makes more sense when those who have gone before explain it.

I just ordered the c gussets and they have arrived (per my wife ) I have been reading closely to what others have said and are doing, so will run my D44's until which time they need to be replaced then upgrade to PR44/60 setup as money allows.

Sounds like I will need to do a front driveshaft at a minimum also.

Is there anything else I would need. It looked like the DD long arm kit was pretty complete

If you get the complete DD kit yes it is complete with brakelines and drag link flip. With the drag link flip this will requrie you to drill out where the drag link goes into the knuckle.

NMCOD

Oh okay thanks. I am not as mechanically inclined as some here so to insure it's done right the first time (it is my DD) I am in NM and since EVO is to far I will try and coordinate with trail jeeps out of Colorado since the sell and install EVO products

Oh okay thanks. I am not as mechanically inclined as some here so to insure it's done right the first time (it is my DD) I am in NM and since EVO is to far I will try and coordinate with trail jeeps out of Colorado since the sell and install EVO products

Even better. Also check out Northridge in Colorado since they are a forum sponsor.

NMCOD

I noticed that rancho 9000XL shocks were mentioned. Are they better than the king shocks.
Since the kit comes with kings or bilsteins as an option

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I noticed that rancho 9000XL shocks were mentioned. Are they better than the king shocks.
Since the kit comes with kings or bilsteins as an option

the xl9000's are an adjustable shock which is nice. they are cheaper than kings but a bit more expensive then the bilsteins. it really depends on your budget. Evo put tons of time in with king to have them custom tuned to be paired with this kit so if you have the cash for them i say go with the kings

Jackal01

Sorry to hijack, NMCOD, but with your options it made me think a little (which can be scary).

What would the pros/cons be between the two options below:

Double D with Plush coils (with any shock I guess. Cheap I assume if DTD is in the future or Kings if not...makes the most sense).

Bolt On Coilovers with currie adjustable control arms (non-long arm obviously).

I have been set on the bolt-ons for a while now. I don't plan to go DTD or anything more than bolt ons but if better performace ie: flex, smooth ride can be achieved with one or the other I am curious how they both stack up. I guess if bolt-ons are the route chosen I could see upgrading to long arms later on but it may be a waste of money to upgrade to adjustable control arms with the lift only to swap out a couple years later.

Again...apologies on the hijack.

NMCOD

No worries on the hijack 😊

I just appreciate all the knowledge here, I figure we all only have so much money, and best to do all the research and ask all the questions before pissing away a bunch

JK1

i bought the DD Long arm upgrade and bolt on EVO C/O and couldnt be happier it rides amazing on and off the trail
long arms.jpg 1510912_767973016566972_3050198895959372025_n.jpg

Jackal01

That looks awesome! :yup:

Just did a quick price calculation. Only a few hundred bucks between Double D with King 2.5s and Evo BO Coilovers with all 8 Currie CAs. Wondering which would be the better deal price wise and then flex, ride comfort. Hmm.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That looks awesome! :yup:

Just did a quick price calculation. Only a few hundred bucks between Double D with King 2.5s and Evo BO Coilovers with all 8 Currie CAs. Wondering which would be the better deal price wise and then flex, ride comfort. Hmm.

considering you only need front lower arms and rear upper arms (if your running an aftermarket DS) the short arm is the way to go price wise.

To add ontop of the already smooth ride the BO coilovers will provide the long arms will help improve handling.

Top Bottom