Which lift?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I thought they started selling the rear brackets alone. I tried looking at Northridge but I'm not used to the new website. Maybe on ore website

JK1

I thought they started selling the rear brackets alone. I tried looking at Northridge but I'm not used to the new website. Maybe on ore website

i think your right on the frame side bracket but its the axle side that i didnt think they sold the adapter for

bkac

Caught the Bug
i stand corrected. last time Drew@ore was on and we had a very similar thread going on he mentioned it was an in house only task so they might have changed it.

Not according to the conversation I had Tuesday with EVO, they said it's in house only. I asked that exact question, idk...

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not according to the conversation I had Tuesday with EVO, they said it's in house only. I asked that exact question, idk...

i guess i was originally right then. they prob use to sell the brackets seperatly and now only do it in house. maybe drew will chime in here on this.

bkac

Caught the Bug
do you have a pic handy of your rear axle that would show what has to be changed in order to run the high clearance kit

I'll post a picture in a few minutes of the axle brackets with bolt on coilovers done in-house at ore.

JK1

hope you dont mind the thread hijack but so out of curiosity can you run a single throw down on the double throw down EVO lever so you can upgrade later??

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm just going to throw this out there, if anybody has an axle with 5.13 gears and wants to switch with an in-house ore bolt-on coilover set up with the high clearance long arm brackets I will gladly switch axles out with you. You can ship an axle for $150 and I'll ship you mine on my dime. :thumbup:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Here are a few shots of the brackets

1415286730733.jpg

1415286754585.jpg

1415286783401.jpg

1415286810122.jpg

Jackal01

What kinda flex/performance difference is there between the Evo Bolt-on COs with the long arm upgrade and the Double D with king 2.5s?

I know I didn't ask for the pictures but I honestly have no idea what is being compared in the pictures or what is being looked at. I know the brackets are but not sure what exactly. Could someone explain?

bkac

Caught the Bug
The picture I posted was for the high clearance rear axle brackets. if you look at the location they are rotated up about 90 degrees from the factory lower control arm brackets. secondly that is a bracket that ORE will only install in a house with the bolt on coilover bracket on the rear of the axle. this is not a bracket they sell over the counter according to EVO. A long arm kit does not give you any more flex, it basically corrects the geometry after lift is installed which allows for a much better ride and handling. You get your flex and your suspension travel from either your coilovers or springs which are limited by your shocks. Coilovers give you a much greater drop in the suspension which will allow much better flex. The difference between the bolts on long arm in the high clearance is the brackets for the high clearance are mounted on the side of the frame and the axle bracket is rotated up to give you higher clearance versus the factory bracket. This keeps the brackets away from hanging on the rocks. The bolt on long arm kit uses the factory lower axle control arm bracket and is bolted underneath the frame like the factory control arm frame brackets. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What kinda flex/performance difference is there between the Evo Bolt-on COs with the long arm upgrade and the Double D with king 2.5s?

I know I didn't ask for the pictures but I honestly have no idea what is being compared in the pictures or what is being looked at. I know the brackets are but not sure what exactly. Could someone explain?

well coilover provided 12" of usable travel while your normal coil and shock set up will be limited by the shock length. for max flex coilovers are the way to go. both kits will over very smooth rides.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I edited my post. Voice to text, not so much. Lol

Please add/correct me if needed.

Jackal01

The picture I posted was for the high clearance rear axle brackets. if you look at the location they are rotated up about 90 degrees from the factory lower control arm brackets. secondly that is a bracket that ORE will only install in a house with the bolt on coilover bracket on the rear of the axle. this is not a bracket they sell over the counter according to EVO. A long arm kit does not give you any more flex, it basically corrects the geometry after lift is installed which allows for a much better ride and handling. You get your flex and your suspension travel from either your coilovers or springs which are limited by your shocks. Coilovers give you a much greater drop in the suspension which will allow much better flex. The difference between the bolts on long arm in the high clearance is the brackets for the high clearance are mounted on the side of the frame and the axle bracket is rotated up to give you higher clearance versus the factory bracket. This keeps the brackets away from hanging on the rocks. The bolt on long arm kit uses the factory lower axle control arm bracket and is bolted underneath the frame like the factory control arm frame brackets. Hope this helps.

Absolutely. Many, many questions answered. Thanks

And thanks to everyone else. I am now done with hijacking this thread! :yup:

NMCOD

I agree thank you to all who brought great clarity to this topic. This clears up a lot of previous confusion. 😃

JK1

this is what the bolt on C/O and DD long arm kit looks like to compair to above pic..
rear coilover.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Those are the standard evo double D long arms or what comes with the bolt on kit. The arms are actually the same arms on either kit its just where the frame brackets go is what changes were the arms mount on the axles.

Top Bottom