Dynatrac ProGRIP Jeep JK Wrangler Front & Rear Brake System

Ron Fechner

I have seen older posts on here about it, other than Install reviews can anyone tell me real live experience with this kit after driving it for a while and review it. I'm thinking if doing this soon,

I have seen older posts on here about it, other than Install reviews can anyone tell me real live experience with this kit after driving it for a while and review it. I'm thinking if doing this soon,

Wayoflife did a test drive for a week or so I think. It is somewhere on the forum.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I've been running the kit now for about 150 miles. I posted some install pictures in the original SEMA thread that was started for this kit.

Here's the comparison pictures:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422914084.941973.jpg
Front brakes

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422914116.405940.jpg
Rear brakes

I'm still bedding them in but the feel is night and day over the OEM (which were in perfect condition when I removed them). They stop my 35s with little pedal effort. It may be a bit over kill, but I'll post again once they are fully bedded in per Dynatrac's instructions.

Here are there bedding instructions:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422914254.113147.jpg
Sorry if the picture is sideways...

I hope this helps,
Matt

SFNick

I've been running the kit now for about 150 miles. I posted some install pictures in the original SEMA thread that was started for this kit.

Thanks for the side by side pics. I didn't realize the rotors were that much bigger.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
If you take a look at the other thread, I posted more pictures with wheel clearances and a few other install ones.

The added benefit was getting my parking brake to work properly! I used a sanding block with 120 grit paper to lightly sand all parking brake shoes to remove embedded junk so they can contact the "inner drum" portion of the new rear rotors properly. Night and day difference.

We just installed a set on one of our Jeeps . When the boys get back from KOH we will post up some pics and of course our opinion on them.

I need to get back on it to be honest. Malo has been driving the Jeep everyday and loves the brakes :) but that's all we have.

David

holaCG

I got my tracking number too. Can't wait to try them out. Last time out there was an incline that my stock brakes wouldn't even hold me one...

sjd78

Please report back once you guys get them installed. I'm highly interested in this upgrade.

holaCG

Just hit the 200 mile mark on my way home from work today. So tomorrow I will complete the bedding process. But even with never getting on the brakes too hard yet there is a noticeable improvement inn the Jeep wanting to come to a stop. I know I am going to like it. The pedal feels very natural and firm. I am running 35s. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426129988.431283.jpg

Ron Fechner

update

I have mine installed for about 3 weeks now, I took it easy at first as the instructions said, I have now over 500 miles on them. the biggest thing I noticed is that even during everyday day driving the brakes work a lot better. I had them installed and our mechanic said it was a straight forward install with no issues everything fit the first time. I have tried to lock them up several times, but ABS kicks in and I think it stops quicker, it brakes even on all 4 wheels and no nose dives. It is hard to say as I never tried to lock up the stock brakes so I have no real comparison.
Do I think I gained 30%, hard for me to judge, do they work better then stock, I'd say yes. is it worth the money, for us as we tow also a trailer, I would say 100%.

hope that helps someone decide....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, right out of the box and installed, you will feel a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE. At least, I did with mine and this is even before you bed in the pads. Honestly, if any of you out there have any doubts, just get in a Jeep with a set of these brakes installed and you will see and feel for yourself.

espi

Does anyone have measurements from the center of the hub to the outer edge of the caliper for wheel clearance?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have measurements from the center of the hub to the outer edge of the caliper for wheel clearance?

I don't but can get you that number later on today. If you're wondering if it'll clear a 15" wheel, I can tell you for sure that it will NOT.

Top Bottom