Dynatrac ProGRIP Jeep JK Wrangler Front & Rear Brake System

espi

I don't but can get you that number later on today. If you're wondering if it'll clear a 15" wheel, I can tell you for sure that it will NOT.

Thanks, no its a 17x8.5 with 5.2" backspace

Someone posted on the AEV forum it was very close to their AEV wheels and since my wheels are similar just wanted to get some measurements.

jeeeep

Hooked
:doh: I have a set of ATX Chamber Pro II's coming so I thought I'd get a jump on installing the Dynatrac brakes.

I pulled all 4 wheels and installed all 4 brake kits and violated rule #1.... test fit before doing anything!!!!

I didn't check my wheels and while they started out at about 17" on the outer lip, there is a hump and it quickly went to 14.5" = no fit!

I hope they fit the ATX!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:doh: I have a set of ATX Chamber Pro II's coming so I thought I'd get a jump on installing the Dynatrac brakes.

I pulled all 4 wheels and installed all 4 brake kits and violated rule #1.... test fit before doing anything!!!!

I didn't check my wheels and while they started out at about 17" on the outer lip, there is a hump and it quickly went to 14.5" = no fit!

I hope they fit the ATX!

Damn!! I am so glad that I just read this. I run a set of Chamber Pro II's on Rubicat but am running wheel adapters up front and the brakes clear just fine. I just picked up a set of Chambers for Moby as well and now I'm wondering if they'll even fit.:doh:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Damn!! I am so glad that I just read this. I run a set of Chamber Pro II's on Rubicat but am running wheel adapters up front and the brakes clear just fine. I just picked up a set of Chambers for Moby as well and now I'm wondering if they'll even fit.:doh:

That would suck to mount 5 new 40s and then find the oh shit moment.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm hoping the ATX don't have the same backside design as my current wheels or I'll need to get spacers.

one thing I noticed, the pics on the Dynatrac site show a bevel cut on the back of the caliper bracket but I don't think my brackets had that bevel cut. I'll need to check when I get home.

The amount of clearance needed for them to fit is so small...so close!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I just re-read what you posted more carefully and see that you have NOT had this problem with the Chambers but rather, are hoping that you won't have this problem. That being said, I don't have any issues with them on our rear full float ProRock 60 on Rubicat but I do wonder if it'll be an issue with Moby's front ProRock 60 and as it's an even BIGGER brake.

Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

jeeeep

Hooked
LOL!! I just re-read what you posted more carefully and see that you have NOT had this problem with the Chambers but rather, are hoping that you won't have this problem. That being said, I don't have any issues with them on our rear full float ProRock 60 on Rubicat but I do wonder if it'll be an issue with Moby's front ProRock 60 and as it's an even BIGGER brake.

Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

lol yeah, they don't fit into my existing wheels ..but so close!

Glad to hear they fit the Chambers! they should arrive on Monday.

Now that I've installed them once, the 2nd time will be faster as I won't have to do any of the rust clean up and stuff.

aermotor

Do these use the stock rear calipers? How can I get my hands on just a set of the rears.... I have the TF Front Big Brake kit and have been looking for a solution in the rear for quite a while.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do these use the stock rear calipers? How can I get my hands on just a set of the rears.... I have the TF Front Big Brake kit and have been looking for a solution in the rear for quite a while.

You should be able to order up just the rears but I don't know how well they'll work with your TF brakes. You'll most likely still see diving and/or lock up on a hard stop.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You should be able to order up just the rears but I don't know how well they'll work with your TF brakes. You'll most likely still see diving and/or lock up on a hard stop.

I do wonder what the terabreak booster will do with the brakes. I'm not sure I would mix and match brake kits.

JAGS

Hooked

I think there might be a few Terabreak fan boys out there willing to pay top dollar for those fronts. 😉

I do wonder what the terabreak booster will do with the brakes. I'm not sure I would mix and match brake kits.

As WOL and Piginajeep said, probably not the best idea to mix n match. Braking would never be balanced. Sell the fronts, then get the full pro-grips. 👍

aermotor

If it's only a larger rear rotor/mount I'm not sure how would be an issue.

I'd rather have an actual larger front caliper than re-using the stock ones on a massive rotor. More pad area as well. The Tera one is obviously just their version of off the shelf other OEM parts, their kit just makes it easy.

I think it's just a JK8 bigger booster, and if the Dyna kit already uses the stock rear calipers I don't see how it would be an issue.

Would rather be a 'terafanboy' and get their new rear kit coming out if it's reasonably priced I guess to stay the same.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Of course they will follow suit and come up with one to compete.. Lol.

I know the chinaflex booster flows more than the factory. I'm sure if you call Dynatrac they can give you an educated opinion on how their brakes will work with a bigger booster.

aermotor

Looks like the Tera rear rotor kit coming out soon is $400. Dyna will sell the rears by themselves and they said they will work fine with the Tera front kit and it would be $500 direct, though it is 14.25" compared to Teras 13.5". It's interesting that Tera claims 30% increase on their front kit only, while Dyna claims 30% from all 4, perhaps because it's using the stock calipers/booster. Hopefully the addition of either a Dyna or Tera rear kit will improve that even further. My 4 door on 37s with bumpers and sliders is a pig.

Either way, it's nice that there are more options than Tera.

Of course they will follow suit and come up with one to compete.. Lol.

I know the chinaflex booster flows more than the factory. I'm sure if you call Dynatrac they can give you an educated opinion on how their brakes will work with a bigger booster.

It's actually not a complete kit. You do realize 'chinaflex' is simply an OEM Mopar booster... You guys sure like to hate on TF at any opportunity lol.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I mean chinaflex as in most of their products are made in China for high profits.

While company's like Dynatrac go out of their way to make products in the USA. Even if it means they don't have the margins like China made products.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You guys sure like to hate on TF at any opportunity lol.

Any company that blames their customers for their products breaking will not receive my money or recommendation. You want to send your hard earned money to a company that will just blame you for a failure go for it....

aermotor

True.

It's not like I love Tera by any means. Their drag link failed after a couple years causing major death wobble and like everyone knows their CA joints are a mess. Buy once cry once is what I should have been telling myself :naw:

Top Bottom