Bronco Canyon Monday Fun Day Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh - gotta love Monday's!! I mean, what better way to kick off the work week then to get back in the office and get right to work. Of course, when your office is a local trail and your desk is your Jeep, who can complain, right? Fortunately, Cindy and I were able to get our good friend MTG to join us for our Monday Fun Day Run and the trail we got to play on was Bronco Canyon. Located just east of Reno, we started our run off I-80 so that we could work our way up the canyon and make a few stops along the way including one to the historic Choppa Ranch and the Lagomarsino Petroglyph site. From there, we took on the boulders strewn trail and ending our day in Virginia City. Here are some pics from our day at work, I hope you enjoy. :cool:

Meeting up with MTG before heading out to the trail.
main.php

At the trailhead airing down and getting ready to roll.
main.php

Heading out to our first stop of the day.
main.php

Pulling into an old homestead known as the Choppa Ranch.
main.php

There are some amazingly long rock walls encompassing the old ranch.
main.php

Our next stop was just around the bend in the canyon over and it is known as the Lagomarsino Petroglyph Site. With over 2,000 petroglyph panels, this is one of the largest rock art sites in the State of Nevada. No vehicle access beyond this point.
main.php

A couple of sign that tell you more about the area.
main.php

main.php

Here are just some of the petroglyph panels you can see here.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

On the move again, we started our way up Bronco Canyon and was surprised to see so much water being that we've had such little rain or snow this year. Here's a shot of MTG working his way around a very deep and muddy water hole that Moby almost got stuck in.
main.php

Shot of Moby on the other side after climbing out of the muck.
main.php

The lower part of the trail was extremely brushy but, here you can see the two Jeeps working their way into a clearing.
main.php

Oh boy, some rocks at last!
main.php

After trying to follow Moby's line, Knuckles with his limited travel and 37" tires and found himself a bit high centered and in need of a tug.
main.php

On the move again.
main.php

main.php

There are some fun lines you can take here.
main.php

Some of the rocks sure make our 40's look tiny!
main.php

MTG making his way up the same line.
main.php

Starting to get high centered.
main.php

main.php

After several attempts to work himself off and almost getting it, we decided it would be best to just strap up again.
main.php

Further up the canyon.
main.php

main.php

main.php

Here was a big boulder that was more of a ledge climb than anything.
main.php

Coming down the back side.
main.php

MTG setting up for the climb.
main.php

After almost getting high centered again, MTG backed off and gave it a bit more momentum to clear it.
main.php

More fun rocks along the way.
main.php

main.php

main.php

Shot of the waterfall. Fortunately or unfortunately, it was dry this time around.
main.php

Moby heading up.
main.php

main.php

MTG heading up.
main.php

main.php

Coming around the corner and almost out.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Rush hour slowed up our drive home.
main.php

Time to unwind at the local saloon.
main.php

A perfect way to end a great day at work!
main.php

I hope you all enjoyed our pics from our Monday Fun Day Run up Bronco Canyon. A BIG Thanks goes out to MTG for joining us on this run, I so hope we can do it again soon. :cool:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow! Great pics, thanks for sharing. Your Monday sure beat mine with the usual grocery store trip and meal prepping for the week. :yup::cool:

clownman

I'm so bringing the JK with me to Fallon in two months, I dont care what the wife says!! Oh and who is shooting all this action??

MTG

Caught the Bug
It was a fantastic start to the week. Here's a few pics I took.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564557.152237.jpg
Cool ruins.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564600.153778.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564614.363538.jpg
Petroglyphs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564636.126836.jpg
GCM2's ancestor made this one.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564698.994581.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564760.663566.jpg
That hole swallowed Moby's 40s.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564821.132308.jpg
Got quite a bit of Nevada pinstriping.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564878.069168.jpg
Everyone's favorite white jeep.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564907.249028.jpg
Some big rocks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564954.908970.jpg
Thought this guy was going to come along for a ride.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426564984.041307.jpg
Damage.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426565004.404740.jpg
They don't mess around in Nevada.

Thanks for the invite. I had a great time. Unfortunately tomorrow's work day doesn't look like it's going to be as fun. :(

Crawler Kitty

Great pics! We found the old homestead when we explored the area but unfortunately not the petroglyphs. We'll have to go back and check those out!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! When we came up to it, I honestly thought it was just another small water crossing like all the others we had come across... that is, at least until I saw our 40's disappear under the murky waters :shock: I'm just glad that we were able to get out under our own power. Having to get out in that crap to setup recovery gear would have sucked!!

View attachment 131315
Got quite a bit of Nevada pinstriping.

Well, at least our new door decals survived :D

Bummer. At least it was just a stock shaft.

View attachment 131320
They don't mess around in Nevada.

LOL!! We're definitely NOT in Kalifornia that's for sure. :clap2:

MTG

Caught the Bug
LOL!! When we came up to it, I honestly thought it was just another small water crossing like all the others we had come across... that is, at least until I saw our 40's disappear under the murky waters :shock: I'm just glad that we were able to get out under our own power. Having to get out in that crap to setup recovery gear would have sucked!!

Yeah, I kept thinking I DID NOT want to pull line in that mess. At least it didn't smell bad. :crazyeyes:

getoverit

Looks like a great day! We saw you driving north on 580 in the am and were wondering where you were headed - now we know! Great pics!

Top Bottom